Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2002, 12:15 AM   #1

My wife and I are getting close to making the plunge and buying our first RV. We've only rented a few times and know very little about them.

We've seen the Rexhall RV's and they have unique floor plans and windows that we REALLY like. Can't seem to find anything similar on any other make. Problem is, we keep hearing little rumors that Rexhall's a plagued with..."glitches". Small problems that keep showing up like slides that don't work, electrical glitches, pieces falling off, etc. Does anyone know if such rumors are true? Love to hear from some Rexhall owners. Thanks
Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2002, 12:15 AM   #2

My wife and I are getting close to making the plunge and buying our first RV. We've only rented a few times and know very little about them.

We've seen the Rexhall RV's and they have unique floor plans and windows that we REALLY like. Can't seem to find anything similar on any other make. Problem is, we keep hearing little rumors that Rexhall's a plagued with..."glitches". Small problems that keep showing up like slides that don't work, electrical glitches, pieces falling off, etc. Does anyone know if such rumors are true? Love to hear from some Rexhall owners. Thanks
Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 01:01 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I am a previous owner of a 95 Rexhall 36' Aerbus on a Ford 460 chassis with tag axle. We just traded it on our present coach and the only problem I had was withthe Ford 460 wanting to vapor lock. I tried to get the repair co.'s to replace the fuel pump in the tank under my extended warranty but they would argue theat it had pressure and was not the fuel pump but others who have had the same problem disagree. Anyway Rexhall makes a pretty good coach (made in Ca.) they did have some made in Elkhart,In. that the quality was bad but that plant is no longer in operation. If you are buying a new one you will be quite satisfied for the cost. If you buy a used one then you will have to inspect it closer. Good luck in your search and have fun!

RV Wizard, Mike,Amy,Ashley and Candi C. (Muffin&Kailing too) 2000 GulfStream Scenic Cruiser 39' 94 Blazer 5spd. manual NASCAR #3 & #8
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 02:51 PM   #4

We own a 2000 Rexhall Vision V29. It is an excellant coach for the money. Vision and American Clipper are the entry level units from Rexhall. They vary from 26ft to 31ft. Next unit up is the Aerbus which has better interiors and differant floor plans. They all have fiber-glass roofs which can be walked on. The coachs have steel tube construction. The only downside is that their dealers are far and few between. Ours is the Ford V10 with F53 Chassis and handles very well. The WB to length ratio is .52 and steers very well without any after market add-ons.
Bill Billson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 07:56 AM   #5

I have a 2000 model 3550BSL Aerbus with double slides. I love the floor plan on this model (the main reason I bought it). It is on the Ford F-53 widebody chassis. I have averaged around 8mpg towing my 1999 Chevy Malibu. I have had a few minor coach issues which were taken care of by my dealer and a couple of TSB's taken care of by Ford.
One issue not resolved by Rexhall was exactly what is standard equipment on the Aerbus. They listed the EMS (Electrical Management System) as standard but there's not one on my coach-or at least not the one described in my owners manual. My dealer offered to install one at no cost but I learned it could have torn up the cabinetry under my refrigerator so I decided against it. (Rexhall's position was that they didn't care what the specification sheet or owners manual said, the EMS was optional. It's STILL listed as standard equipment for Aerbus on their web-site.).
That said, I would probably buy another Rexhall but I would have the dealer show me every item listed as standard equipment.
Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 04:23 PM   #6

We have the same model as Lonnie and have no complaints with the motorhome. I know of Allegros and Winnabagos that have went back to the factory 2 times for things that never should have happened. I hear very few complaints on Rexhalls.

300 HP Cat
Miserabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 09:43 PM   #7

Mine is a '94 Aerbus diesel. Never ever had anything go wrong with it. But I've done a lot of upgrades. The rig is very sound and solid. Mind you , I don't have slides though.

Aerbus/w Cummins diesel(bombed), '87 GN,'79T/A convertible,'78-'87-'91 Corvettes, 20th Anniverary Mustang GT350. Vulcan 1500A & Magna 750. 2050 Bayliner Capri Cutty 5.7L All toys and NO kids.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:46 AM   #8

We have a 96 Rexair and love it. I have had no problems with the coach only with some of the Ford parts but these were minor. Go ahead, get one. You will really be pleased that you got a great buy as well.

1996 Rexhall Rexair 32'. Pulling 1993 Jeep Wrangler, wife, and munchkins 15,13,9
Old 04-12-2002, 11:36 AM   #9

I don't think you can go wrong all the comments I've seen about this company are good ones.
There are a few TV people on this site.

2000 National Seaview 34
Old 04-12-2002, 11:48 AM   #10

Last March we order a 2002 Rexhall 23 ft with a 8100 Workhorse chassis and we love it. Yes we have had a few minor problems but I understand that is normal on any coach. The dealers that service Rexhall are few and far between however Rexhall allows customers to call and get a pre-approval for any dealer to handle the warranty work. You, as the customer, pay the bill and they reimburse you. We have no complaints for the quality and the price compared to others we had looked at. As a matter of fact, we looked for a solid year at many coaches and ended up with the Rexhall. Our floorplan is discontinued this year and replaced by a 25 ft. We do not have a slideout and don't feel we need one. There is just my husband and myself and two "bigdawgs". We purchased the Vision with many extras. It's also very good on gas.
bigdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 01:21 PM   #11

I purchased a 1999 rexhall rexair 32 1/2 foot with
2 slideouts and a v10.Beautiful looking rig.First time out i snapped an exhaust bolt at the right rear manifold.It was covered under warranty.Other than that,no problems.Mine does have the EMS.
cwindibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 03:06 PM   #12

Our coach is a '96 RexAir w/Slide, 37', Ford 7.5 engine. We now have about 58,000 miles on it. We do regular maintainance and avg about 7.8 mpg with a Saturn in tow. Although dealers in the east are few and far between, there is an annual Eastern Rexhall International rally and the manufacture has mechanics/technicians on deck to solve any coach (not engine or drivetrain or installed component problems).

If I hit the lottery I will buy another Rexhall coach in a heartbeat.

37' RexAir with Saturn Toad
Old 09-13-2006, 12:57 PM   #13

Jackalope,
I have a 1997 Rexhall Rolls Air, purchased in 1998 and now has 65,000 miles on. Engine is 8 cyl. and performance with the engine has been good and I get 8 mpg towing. ON one 1000 mile trip, no towing, the mileage was just slightly over 10, and that is no fudging.

I have had three motorhomes and the Rexhall is far and away the best. We had this motorhome modified for a wheel chair lift and found Rexhall bending over backwards to assist by assigning a person to work with our installer. Also, a second Rexhall person called to offer to help on any special problems as he had installed a lift because one of his children was disabled. The lift installer said they had never worked with any manufacture that was as good as Rexhall.

Like all used RV's, make sure you know what you are buying. I would pay particular attention to how well the chassis has been maintained.

Good luck, and maybe we will meet on the road!

Arlin
Arlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Arlin welcome to irv2 thanks for joining in and helping with one of your fellow RVers.
Enjoy the forums and join in often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote