Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
Ridgeland Boat-N-RV?

Any thoughts or opinions on Boat-N-RV of Ridgeland SC?

MSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry, I have no input on them. Have you checked the BBB in that area? Good luck.

Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sometimes rvservicereviews is a good source. Here's what one customer had to say about them a few years ago.

Hope this helps.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
I did not have a good experience with them when buying my coach. When making the deal they were very accommodating but when it came time to deliver that was a different story. Changes we asked to be made weren't done correctly and items we had been promised were there. We reworked the whole deal to include preparing my new Jeep to be towed. When I went to have that work done it was a total disaster. I had to fight with them to get another rv dealer to do all the work again and do it correctly. This is just my opinion but I would look else where. Big turn over in staff too and that should say something about management.
blackttr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I purchased my 2012 Berkshire in March from them.

I would say that the purchase went well. They were fair to negotiate with. Where we ran into trouble was the delivery and the follow up service. I will list the issues.

Delivered coach with check engine light on. They explained it was due to it running out of DEF fluid. It ended up not being the case and it had to go to Freightliner for 3 days to replace the EGR and replug every connection in the engine wiring harness. Problem solved.

Passenger seat power foot rest wouldn't work when seat facing living area. Service department said it was a safety issue. The foot rest was not designed to work when facing the living area. We took the coach to the factory who confirmed that it was indeed supposed to work when facing the living area. They rewired it and it now works great.

Microwave door hit side of fridge cabinet when open. Service department thought forest river put in the wrong microwave, however later confirmed that it was the right microwave. They suggested we let them install a smaller microwave. When we took the coach to the factory they added the missing spacer and now the microwave door opens without hitting the fridge cabinet.

We also ran into issues with getting the license plates for the new coach. It took over 2 months to finally get them. They initially submitted the wrong information when applying for the title and tag (license plate) in Georgia.

Bottom line would I buy from them again? Yes if the had what I was looking for. Was I happy with the after the sale service and followup? No, but they are probably average for service.
Marc & Jan
Molly, Abby & Katie | The Cocker K-9 Kids!|Toad 2014 Cadillac SRX
2012 Berkshire 360FWS, Brake Buddy Vantage|Wineguard Travler SK-3005 |TST 507 TPMS
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote