Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Right front tire bloe out!

Blew the right front tire on our 2nd day out on our trip to Colorado from Ft. Lauderdale. Happened on I75 north of Atlanta. I was able to control the coach band bring her safely onto the shoulder because I remembered what the video I saw from Michelin. When I heard it blow I stepped on the gas pedal to maintain control then slowed down. Damage to 2 panels behind the tire, fuel filler line broke loose and wiring torn apart. Pics will follow when I get a cable for my Iphone. Waited 7 hours to have 2 new Michelin front tires brought to us, then when he jacked up the coach, the jack slipped and the housing for the front right helper spring broke. Coach Net made the arrangements, and we limped into Camping World in Woodstock GA to access the damage and make sure we are road
worthy. Will see them first thing in the morning. We'll deal with cosmetics
Our tires are Goodyear 670's and are 5 years old with 44,000 miles. Before the trip I brought the coach to Michelin TCI store to inspect the tires, and they said they look fine but are approaching the age they should be replaced. They were manufactured in March '07. I should have replaced them! I will replace the remaining 4 on this trip. I checked the inflation before we started out for the day and they were at 108lbs. I thought I did everything right but I guess sh-thappens.
Be careful,let you know how things work out.

Gary Goldman
07' 40E

Ggrvusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Glad it wasn't worse!!

Earlier this week I lost a tread on a right front 7 y/o tire on the way to the tire shop! Took out the fresh air hose for the vac can is all.

All new 1612's (date) now!!

Be careful out there.
Don and Mary
'00 Bluebird Skoolie Conversion
Geo Tracker/Dodge Neon/Aprilia Scooter towed
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote