Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2019, 07:11 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Rinsing RV using water from fresh water tank

Our well water dries in white streaks on our black coffee maker and our RV's black paint. Have 50+ gal supply of fresh water from last camp where the water from that site dried pretty clean when spraying down front of coach.

Back home I want to wash and rinse with the water from RV. Our coach fresh water pump is rated for 3 gpm. Will that pump keep a greenworks 1600 1.2gpm pressure washer satisfied without harm to either? Thanks!
tarheel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2019, 07:34 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There is no issue with using your fresh water pump to supply the pressure washer. One pump won't damage the other
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:35 PM   #3

I use a hose bib adapter that screws in to the aerator fitting on the kitchen sink.
House Husband is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:26 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel21 View Post
,,, Our coach fresh water pump is rated for 3 gpm. Will that pump keep a greenworks 1600 1.2gpm pressure washer satisfied without harm to either? Thanks!
You'll have a 1.8 GPM surplus from the coach. Go for it.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:09 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Good to hear. Hoping to use a hose adapter on the wet bay shower.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:27 AM   #6

On the road, I keep a partly full bucket of soapy water in one of the bays to clean the windsheild and front of the RV with. I fill a second bucket with fresh water from the campground or the outside shower to rince with. I have wash pad with squeegee on a pole that I use to soap up the front of the RV and then use a second soft brush on a pole to rinse off. Then I squeegee the windsheild. Any left over fresh water gets used to rinse road dirt off the sides of the coach. The soapy water bucket goes in the storage bay until next time. It takes very little water and after two months on the road, the coach still looks relatively clean. Using the rinse brush on rainy days is a plus as well. The key is to keep up with the cleaning so it doesn't get too bad.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfoxy View Post
On the road, I keep a partly full bucket of soapy water in one of the bays to clean the windsheild and front of the RV with. I fill a second bucket with fresh water from the campground or the outside shower to rince with. I have wash pad with squeegee on a pole that I use to soap up the front of the RV and then use a second soft brush on a pole to rinse off. Then I squeegee the windsheild. Any left over fresh water gets used to rinse road dirt off the sides of the coach. The soapy water bucket goes in the storage bay until next time. It takes very little water and after two months on the road, the coach still looks relatively clean. Using the rinse brush on rainy days is a plus as well. The key is to keep up with the cleaning so it doesn't get too bad.
A light brush/rag on a rainy day is the perfect way to wipe a coach down and leave hardly any spots

Sounds like the OP really needs a water softener
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
As stated already, a water treatment system for your water available at home makes the most sense. There are “spotless” systems that provide de-ionized water for washing/rinsing that make a huge difference. You can even build your own by researching some of the car enthusiasts websites. That’s what I did.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:16 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcolmac17 View Post
As stated already, a water treatment system for your water available at home makes the most sense. There are “spotless” systems that provide de-ionized water for washing/rinsing that make a huge difference. You can even build your own by researching some of the car enthusiasts websites. That’s what I did.
Yep. Phase one was foam cannon, elect pressure washer, and lambs wool soap brush. Check.

Phase two is a clay filter de-ionizer for well water. I just need some kinda fix until I can put that together.

I'm glad I'm retired. No way to do this and go to work
Old 07-27-2019, 07:35 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Success. I finally put together a 3/4" garden hose connection to the spray hose in our wet bay and washed the coach today. Started with nearly full fresh water tank.

Connected RV fresh water to 1700 1.2gpm electric pw thru 20' water hose. Rinsed with pw, foam cannoned, washed and rinsed again. Used about half tank. Did not do roof as I've recently machine waxed. PW never sputtered so RV pump was more than able to keep up.

No issues. Not a bad way to wash RV if you need to without hooking up to any external source.

Tags
foam cannon, fresh water, pressure washer, rinse, tank, wash, water