Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rivers RV - Jacksonville, FL

Has any dealt with this company? We pass it all the time on our way to Naples, FL. We were in Florida and stopped at Lazydays but their Class A inventory was way down and did not see anything that excited us. While surfing the web I noticed River's had leftover 2011 Holiday Rambler pusher with bunks - PERFECT. Called the salesman on Friday morning and set up a time to see the unit on Saturday while on our way home. Arrive at the dealership and the salesman was busy (understandable) so he give us keys and directions on where to find the coach. We walk to the coach to find the unit leveled in a manner the front end was way up in the air and the tow hitch only two inches from the ground. The keys given would not open the coach. Luckily another salesman stops and returns with keys. After checking out the unit, we say we are interested and would like to drive it. I was not and still are not sold on the MaxForce engine but and the price point I could live with it. The salesman has no keys to start the unit, only unlock it. 20 minutes later he returns and the unit will not start. Engine and house batteries dead! Salesman say don't look like we are test driving today... I ask him to go get someone from the shop, he replies they left 15 minutes ago. I said lets get a charger - I want to drive the coach. He says not possible to do. So we left and headed to PA without buying a new coach.

Monday I emailed the general manager of the dealership and she has yet to respond to my email.

We purchased our current motorhome at Lazydays last summer and I understand they may not always be the cheapest, but they excel in the customer service department in my book.

ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #2

Not all that surprising to me. I had them do a pre-purchase inspection. They missed several items...turn signals didn't work, emergency flashers didn't work, Dash AC didn't cool (low freon). Luckily no major issues, but for $1500 and a Tiffin dealer inspecting a Tiffin, I sure expected more.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
You already know the answer. Stay with an accredited dealer. Pay a couple of extra dollars? Maybe? As you know when their is a problem you can count on a large dealer, a much higher percentage of the time or they would not still be there! We bought our coach from LaMesa in Sanford Fl. Very fair price point, and terrific customer service so far after the fact.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #4

I agree you already have your answer on this "dealer"?
I would be glad I didnt buy from him and move on. There are many reputable dealers to choose from that will serve you well. Lazy Days being one.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
I agree you already have your answer on this "dealer"?
I would be glad I didnt buy from him and move on. There are many reputable dealers to choose from that will serve you well. Lazy Days being one.

Lazydays gave me great customer service and price on my last coach. I planned to stop there and look while in town but their inventory was extremely low and nothing that would fit the bill at this time.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
waaaayyy back in the early 90's we looked a few rvs there when we were newbies

they do tons of busses and rv's sort of got thrown in

we walked and walked and looked at hundreds of rv's
sales person was never seen again.

ended up buying one over off beach blvd, but they are closed now
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know they rip ALOT of locals off. But thats par for the course in the RV world.
They are way out in the sticks off I10.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #8

Just imagine what their response will be if you have problems with a rig purchased there.