Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Road Assistance Insurance

I just bought my first RV and will pick it up in Florida to drive it back to Michigan. I saw an advertisement about a road side assistance insurance provided by Good Sam RV. They offer a "standard" and a "platinum" version. The standard one would seem to be sufficient. Any body have any words of wisdom/recommendations etc., relative to utilizing such a service. My RV is a 2002, 32 ft Fleetwood Storm.

Thanks in advance,

New2this is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
check out coachnet

they are who I use , I have heard good and some bad , mostly good , supposed to be the best , supposed to be , think mine was 109$ per year

JackHammr' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
Freightliner Owners Club
Words of wisdom would be: Don't leave home without it!

I use Good Sam and they have bailed me out a few times including this past June. Not perfect, but eventually I did get towed at no cost to me. I'm pretty sure I have only the regular coverage.
Tom and Katharine
'07 Winnebago Tour 40TD, 400hp Cummins
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Coach-Net also has two or three levels ... towing & telephone support the same for all I believe with added services like trip planning etc. We have Coach-Net basic level ... don't recall what they call it.
Paul (KE5LXU) ...was fulltimin', now parttimin'
'03 Winnebago UA 40e / '05 Honda Odyssey toad
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
I've read more than one comment from user's of both Good Sam and Coach Net that indicated Coach Net was notably more particular where they would tow your coach if it required shop work. I appreciate that kind of "picky-ness" and consequently have gone with Coach Net for my new Safari Trek.
Ed & Lynn on the Oregon Coast
2013 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2006 Scion xA toad
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:30 AM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club

Thank you for the information and prompt replies. This was very helpful.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:56 AM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
I tried to find Coach Net on-line but couldn't find a site that would allow me to enroll for the service. Do you have a business phone# or internet address that you can provide me?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Here ya go.

Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #9
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Coach Net is the best choice. I tried three different plans by Good Sams, ROD+ & Coach Net. Coach net is the better choice for service.
'07 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel 38N
Brazel's added: MP-8, Aero Muffler, Koni FSD Shocks, Bell Crank and Comfort Ride Control Valves. '08 Ford Escape Hybrid, Brakemaster 9100
Korryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
Fleetwood Owners Club

Allstate RV Roadhelp has work good for me since 1994.

It also comes with a free KOA discount card & new directory every year.
99 Discovery 34Q ISB
2014 MKS AWD EcoBoost Toad
Fulltime Since "99"
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #11
We have Coachnet through FMCA. Used it one time when our coach shut down on I59 in Alabama. Called Coachnet they tried to trouble shot over the phone to no avail, called me back a short time lated with two shop options, one could work on the coach that day, and we could spend the night in the coach if repairs were not complete. We were towed approx 25 miles, the coach was repaird that afternoon and we were back on the road. When you are away from home it is comforting to know that you can make one call and get help. I highly recommend Coachnet.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #12
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The one time in 13 years of traveling that I broke down I called my RV insurance company. They had a tow truck out there in less than thirty minutes. If you have a towing option with your RV policy why pay an extra $100.00 a year for duplication?
Dale & Betty

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #13
Winnebago Owners Club
Coach Net website to enroll. Click on "Join Now" tab at top to enroll.

The gold three year deal is 90/yr.
Steve & Sherri
2002 Winnebago Journey DL 39QD
Zimectrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #14
We recently had a blowout in the wilds of the UP in MI. I called Good Sam and they had a tire repair guy with a new tire in about 1 1/4 hours. Unbelieveable service. They turned what could have been a horrble day into just an unforgetable day. I have had them for years and never used them, but now highly recommend them. One thing to remember is that in changing a tire, you can use the hydrolic jacks of your coach to jack it up. I paid for the new tire and they paid for service call and changing it. I am very happy with them and my wife now realizes we are not alone out there.

Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote