Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #1

Roadmaster air suspension problem

I have a 1995 40' Monaco Executive. I went to start it the other day in preparation for a trip(it had not been started for about 1 month) and as it was airing up I noticed that it was lopsided. The driver side air bages where filled to where I think they should be for driving but the passenger side bages are completly full, hard as a rock. Does anybody know what might cause one side to fill properly and the other side to fill to capacity. I have turned it off and released the air and restarted it about 5 times hoping it was just a glitch.

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
the pressure in the bags should be controlled by the ride ht valves, one in front that controls the entire front suspension, two in the back, a left and a right.

The rears do tend to over ride the fronts....

I'd start by dumping all the air and starting over....

Old 11-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #3

Thats what is boggling my mind. I know that ther is one valve in front an 2 in back but this is a side to side issue not a front to back issue. all 4 passenger side bags fill to capacity every time.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #4

Do you have air leveling instead I
Of jacks

Could be stuck valve on that system
Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've experienced this. You have one ride height control valve mounted above the front axle. It controls the general height of the back of the coach. You have two rear ride height control valves. Each valve is located inside the frame beside the rear wheel just above the rear axle. Each rear valve controls the ride height for its side of the coach.

So, one of your rear ride height control valves is not working properly. It is either sticking, or malfunctioning internally. You may be able to use a long stick to tap on the ride height control valve arm to see if it will free up and work correctly.

When this happened to me, I had to have the ride height control valve replaced. I took it to a good shop and had all three valves replaced. It has worked fine ever since.

Do not drive your coach with it twisted like this. It could pop a windshield out, or crack it.
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkate View Post
I've experienced this. You have one ride height control valve mounted above the front axle. It controls the general height of the back of the coach.
Oops. My mistake. The front ride height control valve controls the general height of the FRONT of the coach.

Sorry 'bout that.
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #7

A rubber endlink($2) may have broke, or the rod may have come out of it. It happened to my neighbors 99 Dynasty this past summer.
If this is the part you need?, go to www.rvchassisparts.com , click "chassis air system - suspension". It's at the top of the page.

Tags
suspension