Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-12-2015, 09:13 AM   #15
I had GS my experience was so bad that they offered me 2 yrs free to try to make me happy but I declined😂

Bob & Elaine McClelland and the spoiled pup Izzie
2008 Monaco Diplomat
Desert Hills & Parker Az
mccrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2015, 09:23 AM   #16
I have Good Sam and had to use them one time. They kept me informed of the progress of getting me help. I had buried my from axle in the mud at my friends house. Thought the ground was frozen enough, but found it was not frozen enough.

2008 Thor, Four Winds Mandalay 40G. Cummins 400 isl. Freightliner chassis
koda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #17
Roadside RV Svc

Let me steal the thread for a minute, I have GS ERS and this week I called to have tire leak fixed, GS sent a local (15 miles) vendor out, GS charged me $95 for service call in advance, wth am I paying for? I understand that if I had needed a new tire that's my responsibility, but here we just needed to remove the Drv side rear tires and put new valve stem in tire.
Tom Carolyn & Rowdy (the Lab)
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40 DP
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
tom076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had to use good sam three weeks after I bought my MH. We had a high pressure injector line crack. I was on a two lane house going to a campground near where my friends daughter was getting married. The call was a disaster. They called a wrecker. The wrecker called me and found out I was a diesel pusher instead of the gas rig he had been told. He informed me that he did not have the equipment needed to tow me. Called Good Sams back and they finally after about 3 hours of talking to them said they could not find anyone to tow me i was on my own. I went to a local truck stop and got the name of a wrecker service that was about 50 miles away which incidentally was about 10 miles from my home. called them they said they would head right out. I had them wait to clear it with Good Sams. Called Good sams back and told them the wrecker name, number and information. Was told they would take care of it. An hour later no wrecker. When I called good sams back they said the wrecker would be there in the morning. The wife and I decided that we did not want to set there all night parked on the shoulder in case something happened such as a semi driver going to sleep and running into us. A police officer came by about then and asked what was the problem and we told him. We said there was no wrecker available and we were going to take the toad and drive back home. The officer said they would keep a watch on it so we went home. We go up the next morning at 6am. After getting home around 2am. We drove to the MH so we would be sure to be there when the wrecker got there. We arrived at the MH at 7am and waited until 9 am No wrecker. We called good sams again at 9am and they had no idea what we were talking about. The people from the night shift had not left any notes in our record and there was no wrecker scheduled. The day shift sent a roadside mechanic out and he found the cracked line. Because it was a holiday weekend the mechanic could not get any parts. He went back to his shop and found a line with the right size fittings on an old motor and brought it back, bent it and made it fit to get us back on the road. By the time all of this happened we missed the wedding but was only an hour late to the reception. I emailed Marcus and he had a VP call me. I was told that should not have happened and they would make sure it did not happen again. I also was given a free year of service. on top of the free service I was given when i bought the MH. . I would not have minded except I was only 20 miles from Fort Smith, Arkansas the second largest city in the state.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #19
I've used good Sam for 4 years and 3 calls and have been very happy with the service
indie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:47 PM   #20
Originally Posted by indie52 View Post
I've used good Sam for 4 years and 3 calls and have been very happy with the service
Us too! Both GS and coachnet offer virtually the same service packages though, and they mostly use the very same contracted providers. Some buyers get unhappy/surprised with an extra expense that is outside their contract for road service but usually it's their fault for not reading the contract terms closely.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #21
Seems as though it still all comes down to who's on the other end of the line when you're calling for service.
Thor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:37 AM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Has anyone used AARP RV roadside service?
Freebird1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:09 AM   #23
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Unfortunately, a lot depends on where you encounter your problem. In some areas the sources for proper service are very limited, which means no matter which provider you have, the response may be the same. And, that response may not be what you would expect. We have had Allstate RV Roadhelp for 10+ years and each time we used the service, phone support, response time, and service provided were excellent. Do I expect to run into a problem sometime - of course. By the way, I believe that Allstate dispatches all Good Sam calls.
Good luck with your choices and hope you never have to call.
Neil, Lin, and our furry companions, Ashby and Cody. 06 National Surf Side.
demoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #24
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by Freebird1958 View Post
Has anyone used AARP RV roadside service?

AARP RV Roadside Assistance is from Allstate. As demoon has mentioned, Good Sam also uses the Allstate call center.

I'm also considering AARP or Allstate as I've had Coach-Net for many years and it seems the features are getting watered down a bit lately and the pricing structure on my last renewal was confusing. Good Sam seems to be getting more and more expensive for the same coverage.

Allstate Roadside Assistance in general (non-RV) is highly rated. In fact, in one review I read the other day, it scored slightly above Good Sam. However, AARP in general was quite a ways down on the list.

Roadside Assistance Services Review 2015 | Best Car Breakdown Services | Roadside Assistance Plans - TopTenREVIEWS

To get the RV coverage at AARP, you have to have the Premier Plan for general autos and then add the RV coverage for an additional $25

AARP Roadside Assistance from Allstate

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:27 PM   #25

My three best choices are Coach-Net, Coach-Net and Coach-Net!!

Hands down the best.
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:50 AM   #26
Monaco Owners Club
Coach Net did an excellent job the one time I needed them. After calling them for a tow, they called me back every 10 minutes or so to update me on when the truck would arrive until the truck arrived and they were sure I was taken care of. Excellent service.
Richard Anderson
2002 Beaver Monterey Seacliff, '13 Jeep Wrangler
Retired, fulltimer
sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #27

We have had both Good Sams ERS and now Coach Net. Have used them both and with out a dought Coach Net is what well will stay with.

"Happy Trails"
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #28
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
Unfortunately, a lot depends on where you encounter your problem. In some areas the sources for proper service are very limited, which means no matter which provider you have, the response may be the same. And, that response may not be what you would expect.
My thoughts exactly. If you breakdown in some state park, miles from anywhere, there are limited if any tow services that can respond to motorhome calls. It's a good bet that whomever has your contract calls the same service provider.

I did have to use the ERS provided by Progressive one time, and I was in a state park miles from anywhere, and they were quite responsive. Billy Bob's tow service was also quite good once they got there, but I caught them on a busy day and had to wait, and wait, and wait. Lucky we were in the state park and no one was moving into our site.

After the service was handled Progressive followed up and sent me a $25 gift card for having to wait. I have no reason to switch.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote