Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2015, 11:46 PM   #1

Roll Down Sun Shades

Where do you find the sun shades that roll down? Not the black outs but the ones to cut the glare while driving. I've done several online searches but find nothing, most likely because I don't know what to call them.

Thanks, Robert

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2015, 11:59 PM   #2

Check out AutoMotion Shades. They came from factory on our Tiffin 36 LA. Powered front Sun shades and Blackout shades in one unit. The rest of the windows are manual sunshade and blackouts.

Kevin

Kevin & Donna
2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
Calgary, Alberta
Good Sam Life Member

Old 11-22-2015, 07:54 AM   #3

MCD in Dallas makes them also. We had a temporary from www.rvsunshades4less.com that we used until we got some from MCD.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerkb2 View Post
Check out AutoMotion Shades. They came from factory on our Tiffin 36 LA. Powered front Sun shades and Blackout shades in one unit. The rest of the windows are manual sunshade and blackouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
MCD in Dallas makes them also. We had a temporary from www.rvsunshades4less.com that we used until we got some from MCD.
I'll check them out. Thanks for the information. I was really scratching my head on this.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:15 PM   #5

RVQuickShades, RV Qiick Shades,inside mount solar shades, inside mount sun shades, inside mount sunshades, inside mount RV solar shades, inside mount motor home sun shades. RV solar shades, RV sunshades,RV Quick Shades, RV Quick Shades, Inside Mounte
SunBlocker SideBlocker - Carefree of Colorado

rgand........here are a couple of links that will give you some more options.
dm.akafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:54 AM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are you looking for front or side windows?
If its for your side windows, I used a Bali that I got from Home Depot, Your able to get them in any sizes, in like 1/2" increments, they have 5 or 10%, that means they block 90 to 95%
Old 11-23-2015, 10:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
Are you looking for front or side windows?
If its for your side windows, I used a Bali that I got from Home Depot, Your able to get them in any sizes, in like 1/2" increments, they have 5 or 10%, that means they block 90 to 95%
Thanks for the replies. These all look like shades to use when parked, though. We have black outs already. We still need to find something to cut the glare while driving, which is the main purpose of this thread. We'll eventually get a Magne Shade for use in RV parks. Maybe after the holidays.

We'll definitely take a look at those Bali shades at Home Depot as all the shades in the coach could use replacing eventually. That's a good idea.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #8

Never seen any roll down shades you can use while driving.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
Never seen any roll down shades you can use while driving.
The AutoMotion shades walkerkb2 posted about do that. Evidently they're considered roll-down see-through visors.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgand View Post
The AutoMotion shades walkerkb2 posted about do that. Evidently they're considered roll-down see-through visors.
I'm familiar with the auto motion and mcd 'solar' shades. I don't think you will find that they are suitable or approved for driving while they are down all the way. Ours will only come down about a foot with the engine running.
It does cut down on the glare with them roll down one foot. but the visibility is not good enough to drive while looking through them. It would probably be illegal also.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #11
WDW

Amazon has the side window solar shades.

Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Western New York
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
I'm familiar with the auto motion and mcd 'solar' shades. I don't think you will find that they are suitable or approved for driving while they are down all the way. Ours will only come down about a foot with the engine running.
It does cut down on the glare with them roll down one foot. but the visibility is not good enough to drive while looking through them. It would probably be illegal also.
That's what I would expect. You wouldn't drive with your sun visor all the way down either.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:42 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
We have three of these for the windshield and two of these for the sides. They work well, we overlapped the front ones to keep the sun from peeking through between them. I would have used two larger ones for the front, but the mounting space dictated three.

We drive with all these down varying amounts, depending on where the Sun is.

These are blackout shades, but Carefree also carries the translucent ones for the side windows here. We originally bought the translucent ones for the side windows but they let too much sun through, we changed them out for the blackout ones.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Maybe consider looking at residential and commercial transparent indoor film shades Industrial Strength Indoor Film Shades | North Solar Screen