RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2018, 05:09 PM   #1

Roof Clearance Lights

Does anyone know where I can find this roof clearance light I will be calling Tiffin Monday but am sure the price is going to be high I can't find it online maybe somebody can find it 2006 Tiffin Phaeton. Thanks Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00608.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	225564   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00609.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	225565  

Name:	DSC00610.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	225566  

the sights is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks like there could possibly be a number on the top of lens. Maybe try google red lens and that number. Maybe being on a 2006 you might be able to come up with it. Worth a try.

98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #3

Measure it and google it that is how i found mine, got an exact match, but took some searching.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #4
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm not absolutely sure but I thought I remember somebody saying that Tiffin used some Optronics lighting products at back in the days when incandescent lights (pre-LED) were used. I'll have to defer to those who own Tiffin products if that is true.

If it is, you might want to check the measurements of this Optronics clearance light to see if it corresponds to what you have ...they appear close by appearance but check the measurements:

Optronics CB22 Series Incandescent Clearance Lights

If the measurement check exactly, you can purchase them at etrailer for $4.15:

Triangular Trailer Clearance and Side Marker Light or Truck Cab Light - Red Item # CB22RB Optronics at etrailer

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	canvas.png
Views:	17
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	225571   Click image for larger version

Name:	index2.png
Views:	19
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	225572  

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #5

I would recommend 6 new modern led fixtures, the base plates, gaskets and bulb sockets deteriorate with heat and age. I prefer Grote brand lighting.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:17 PM   #6

Thanks for all the help guys. The Optronices CB22 is the exact fit I am going to try and find an LCD replacement for the lamp that is in there now.

When I look at the newer LCD lights the screw to screw and overall measurements are not the same as the original.

Stayed tuned may need help with the front clearance lights. Thanks, Joe
Old 11-11-2018, 01:37 PM   #7
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Winnebago Owners Club
Grand General supposedly offers an LED product that I've heard is suppose to be an exact-fit replacement for the Optronics incandescent CB22.

What you'll have to do is check with Grand General to confirm it does have 1 3/4" centers. Many of the LED teardrop markers have 1 1/2" centers. However, this Grand General product has almost the exact exterior dimensions as the CB22 so I'd assume it has 1 3/4" centers but, again, you'll have to check for sure with them -- (800) 325-0578 or (310) 631-2589, they're in Rancho Dominguez California (L.A. metro area)

Triangle Cab Light for Pickup/SUV/RV/Bus -- Grand General

ETA: ooops, I missed seeing the diagram of their measurements. It has 1.875" centers so may not work as it's a tiny bit wider between screw holes. Measure closely what your centers are or the distance between screw holes to see how close the measurement might be. Of course, there's an 1/8" difference between 1 3/4" and 1 7/8"
Old 11-11-2018, 03:05 PM   #8

Update

Hello all, Thanks for all the help. This all got started with me just being over cautious. Got all the rears off well no signs of any leaks oh well 13 year old plastic it was getting old I will replace all 5 with non-led models as the screw to screw measurements are the same.

Just got off the roof removed the other 4 rear ones and 1 front light, some of the fronts show signs of a little moisture.

The fronts do not screw down from the top, this is not going to be fun.

Am I going to have to remove the TV to get to the other side of these lights? Also I am going to be looking for this replacement see if it has studs from the top going down any and all help is appreciated. Thanks, Joe
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00615.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	225646   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00616.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	225647  

Name:	DSC00618.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	225648   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00611.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	225649  

Old 11-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #9

Hello all, After reading this post

Over head clearance lights

I think I will have to remove TV and see if I can find wires going to the studs , drill small hole and put wires up thru roof.

Will call Tiffin in the AM see what they say, if that is what I am going to have to do guess I will have to use screws from the top down. Any thoughts? Thanks, Joe
Old 11-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #10
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Winnebago Owners Club
You are more adventurous than I'd be. If me, I'd first try sealing what you have rather than replacing as taking the TV and other cabinets down in order to access the studs coming through is just a lot of work and I'd rather not do it if there was an easier solution.

Take a look at the video below that I've had bookmarked. He gives a good explanation as to why moisture is getting into the fixture. He then replaced the incandescent bulb with an LED and then sealed the unit with silicone to make sure water wouldn't enter.

Can you do the same rather than replacing the fixtures? It looks as if you'll need a new plastic lens cover for one of them but that should be easy to find a replacement.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:33 PM   #11

The lights may be mounted with an expanding rivet.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrowood View Post
The lights may be mounted with an expanding rivet.
Excellent recommendation for this fix.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:45 PM   #13

Hello guys, theroc, Thanks for your replay, yes its to much work. I think I am going to call Tiffin in the AM going to try and get a light (cant find the one I need online) and just use the lens of that one for the one I was working on and broke and reseal the others with Geocel 28100v RV sealant.

The top orange part can not be removed easily "glued" to the base.

The rear lights are easy will order them tonight.

I opened up a big can of worms but it will be made right.

If anyone has any more ideas let me hear them. Thanks, Joe
Old 11-11-2018, 05:56 PM   #14
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Winnebago Owners Club
Ah, okay, my thought process was picturing a post but that's not it at all?

So if it's an expanding rivet, then drill it out? And when installing a new fixture, use a waterproof closed-end rivet?

That's still more work than I'd want to do for all five front clearance lamps but not as bad as taking out the TV. Still, if were me, I think I'd just replace the bulbs with LEDs, purchase new covers and seal with silicone (or the sealant you mentioned) rather than attempting to replace the entire fixture ...unless the fixtures are so rusted and dysfunctional that they required replacing.

ETA: My hunch is that the Optronics CB11WAB ...go HERE at etrailer are the ones you have. Yes, they measure 5 1/2" x 2 3/8" but that is the BASE and not the lens cover. See if your base measures 5 1/2 x 2 3/8" ...if it does, then for a bit over $20, you can purchase the entire fixtures and just use the covers after you "break" off the ones that are glued on so tight that you have to crack them to remove.

second edit: In fact, etrailer sells an Optronics package/kit of five (CB-15AK) with the same dimensions (plus various hardware, including a switch) for $18.41

Clearance Light Kit - Teardrop Shape - Amber - Qty 5

And BTW, you can purchase Optronics products at many places besides etrailer. In fact, you can order them through NAPA or O’Reilly and have them shipped to a store for pickup and it may be cheaper than ordering it online from etrailer. However, I like etrailer and have ordered a lot of stuff from them so that's why I keep mentioning them.

Tags
light, lights, roof