Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #1

Roof Coating

I am in the process of repairing old roof coating on 2000 Georgie Boy CM. I believe it is a rubber roof but can't find info in our manuals. I would like any info on what type of roof this is?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #2

because it id not fiberglass or metal I'm going with the belief its rubber and ordering appropriate coating.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:33 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just to throw out there. I was visiting the Line-x distributor that did the lining on my pickup bed. He said to just bring the pickup in and they would see what they needed to do to fix it. I asked him about motor homes and he said they charge about 100 per foot. He told me he had bought a motor home 14 years ago and he Sprayed bedliner on it and it is still in great shape. Instead of going with rubber which does not have a super long life span you might check out Line-x or rhino. I prefer line-x because the company warranties the product. Rhino liner is warrantied only by the facility that installs it. If they go out of business you lose your warranty.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:24 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I think I'd have to see the roof to believe it or hear from more who have tried it. A roof is a lot more flexible than a bed liner and I'd be concerned the flexing may cause cracks. But if it works I have a whole metal building I'd spray it on!
Old 10-25-2015, 02:49 AM   #5

It is a different formula. It does work and it is costly, but chances are that it would be the last money you spend on the roof for the life of the motor home or trailer
Old 10-25-2015, 07:35 AM   #6

Smile

I agree that a coating like Line-X would last the life of the roof. I had the floor and 18" of wall in our trailer coated with Line-X and it works well.The cost is what keeps me away, I think 3 to 4 hundred is easier than 3 to 4 thousand to handle.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pexring View Post
I think I'd have to see the roof to believe it or hear from more who have tried it. A roof is a lot more flexible than a bed liner and I'd be concerned the flexing may cause cracks. But if it works I have a whole metal building I'd spray it on!
I would have agreed with you but I have seen how flexible it is. Not too long after I bought my truck I was throwing firewood in the back. A piece happened to land just right on the wheel well and dented it in. The body shop I went to said they could hammer it back out straight enough I would barely notice it. The original dent was easily a 1/2inch to 1 inch deep I figured it would break my Line X lining off. They repaired the dent and the line x moved right back out with the metal did not hurt it a bit. It is a very good product.

gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof