Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
... I also stood a 6' stepladder up beside the RV ladder to make it easier to go up and down.
Same here, except I use an 8' step ladder. I'm OK on a roof, I don't love, I don't hate it. However I REALLY dislike climbing a ladder that is straight up and down (especially while carrying tools or supplies), like those on the back of an RV. So I go most of the way up/down on the step ladder and just use the top rung or two of the RVs ladder.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2016, 05:10 PM   #16

I became tired of crappy resealing jobs and worrying about roof leaks. I had the roof coated with Flex Armour. Not cheap, $160/linear foot, but we like this coach (2003 Newmar Mountain Aire) and plan on keeping for the long term so why wait. No more seams to seal, lifetime warranty.

Old 01-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #17

Wow..Thank you all for the replies. Words of wisdom. So many knowledegeable people.
Also Thank you for the type of sealants to use. Apparently I had a lot of misconceptions in regards to what to do as well. I am encouraged to do it myself now that I have quite a bit of advice and excellent opinions. What a community of great folks!
Ray, yes its an odd Georgie Boy they made only 2 years 2004 to 2005, I wanted the National (Both FL), Wife wanted the GB, From some brochures/Sales Literature it is supposed to be a Fiberglass roof. I was confused in regards to caulking vs resealing. I have 2 good ladders a 17ft Little Giant copy and a 14ft telescoping. I think when they made my RV they forgot the ladder. Once I start doing a little work my fear usually subsides, I will have a friend with me.
I just don't want my roof to start leaking since it has been a dry RV. I will use Dicor Self leveling on rooftops, Proflex on sides/windows and sounds like I need to get some eternabond tape for the front and rear caps.
Thanks for the A/C Bolt information, that is helpful. Hopefully one day I can give some words of wisdom. I somehow feel ashamed about somewhat being a fraidycat on this topic as I see the age of what others do !
Happy New Year
Happy Chinese New Year...Year of the Monkey!!
Old 01-24-2016, 05:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwseeger View Post
I became tired of crappy resealing jobs and worrying about roof leaks. I had the roof coated with Flex Armour. Not cheap, $160/linear foot, but we like this coach (2003 Newmar Mountain Aire) and plan on keeping for the long term so why wait. No more seams to seal, lifetime warranty.
WOW...That is quite a bit! Cost as much to rebuild my 13K westerbeke generator....As this is my 1st Unit, I don't know if I may keep it or trade up or down.Like you I like semi permanent things so if I don't have to do the roof semi annually then it may be worth it.
It will depend if the wife can still be with me.
Thanks for the tip!

Tags
roof, seal