Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #1

Roof stains

Hi,

I had my recently purchased RV cleaned and the whole rear section of the RV has these yellow stains that won't come off. I have no idea what there from but I have the same yellow drip stains on the rear of the RV that appear to be run off from the roof. It a 2012 model year.....
ThorEvo1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by George1285 View Post
Hi,

I had my recently purchased RV cleaned and the whole rear section of the RV has these yellow stains that won't come off. I have no idea what there from but I have the same yellow drip stains on the rear of the RV that appear to be run off from the roof. It a 2012 model year.....
Pictures below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roof2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	66192   Click image for larger version

Name:	roofb.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	66193  

Old 06-26-2014, 04:19 AM   #3

You didn't mention the type of roof that is. Maybe EPDM? Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Mop with a mild detergent. It has done wonders for the roof of my 2000 DSDP.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #4

I believe that the stains are tannin from leaves that have been sitting on the roof. Generally soap and a soft brush will remove them. My roof is TPO - looks similar to yours - and the manual says that stains can be removed with white wall tire cleaner. I didn't know that they even made white wall tires any more! Anyway, WWTC might be bad for some materials so either get an expert opinion for your roof or maybe try a small spot first. I would start with some car wash soap and a soft brush.
BluBounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #5

Try Murphy soap or spicnspan
3wheeljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's odd the stain is on the roof but not the vent/refrig/AC covers. Those vent covers look new. I would guess it was parked near a tree last fall and leaves sat on the roof over winter to rot.
If it is leaves on an EPDM rubber roof, I would just wash it once or twice a year with Spic-n-span and the roof will 'calk off' the stain. You should notice improvement by this fall or next year.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #7

Thank you all for your input. I will keep you all apprised of the outcome!

Tags
roof