Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #15

My question is what color duct tape are you getting for the smashed corner--is the glass shop providing the tape??
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie 62 View Post
My question is what color duct tape are you getting for the smashed corner--is the glass shop providing the tape??
LOL, that would be the Forest Green and yes, they are providing it. Waiting for a break in our weather cause I'm now convinced it must be a Sun Spot causing all this negative atmosphere.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
My attack of the smellies was solved the way cb1000 and GaryKD described .Drained tank,used bleach solution to sanitize when refilling ..
easy and quick
Old 06-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #18

Agree Sunday I put bleach in holding tank ran pump to get it in the heater and lines went to church came home ran all the water thru the system and all is good
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #19
DKM

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
Agree Sunday I put bleach in holding tank ran pump to get it in the heater and lines went to church came home ran all the water thru the system and all is good
I had that once too, did the same thing as Whem2fish. No more stink. I read somewhere you should try to do this around once a month or so (the bleach thing) especially if you are a part timer like me. So I had been doing that on mine. Anyone else hear that or do the same thing?

Patrick
DKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #20
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I had that once too, did the same thing as Whem2fish. No more stink. I read somewhere you should try to do this around once a month or so (the bleach thing) especially if you are a part timer like me. So I had been doing that on mine. Anyone else hear that or do the same thing?

Patrick

We sanitize ours with bleach,(1/4 c per 15 gal of water, let sit for 4-5 hrs then drain an fill with fresh H2O) at the beginning of camping season and sometimes again about mid/three quarters of the way through. CG's with well water can be especially troublesome if the water is left in your tanks,(wh & fresh) very long. We also do the generic white vinegar treatment,(1gal per 15 gal of water, let sit 4-6 hrs and flush/refill with fresh water), twice yearly also. Keeps the calcium/lime deposits down allowing for a better water flow. We also use this handy little tool http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...k-rinser/49070 each time to flush our wh after the vinegar treatment. Spending a little preventive maintenance time with your unit will reduce the chances of problems later. Additionally, we replace the anode,(cheap insurance), in our Suburban wh annually as most show noticeable wear if you do any appreciable amount of camping. Atwood wh's "do not" require or "need" an rod.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #21

Did the Bleach treatment today and low and behold, No More Stink. Thank you everyone for your input. I was beginning to think I had really screwed up. From now on I will be sure to drain or flush the system when I get home so I don't have stale water in the tank.
Thanks again to everyone for your help. The forum is the best!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #22
DKM

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
We also use this handy little tool Water Heater Tank Rinser - Camco RV 11691 - Water Heaters - Camping World each time to flush our wh after the vinegar treatment.

Thanks!! Yep I do have that same tool!! they work great!!

Dennis glad to hear you got the stink out!!! Thats a nasty smell

Patrick
DKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:12 AM   #23

I know it's an old thread but it has good troubleshooting info.

I came online tonight searching for information on the smelly water heater deal. I thought at first it was the cold water and let it run for a while until the smell went away but this afternoon when taking a shower noticed it was coming from the hot water. I'll have to confirm it's not both.

A few months ago I did the water heater lime cleaning bit with vinegar and the cleaning wand and got lots of that white scale out of it. Since I'm using well water and will be until August when I move the motor home to a new place with city water I guess I'm on my way to Walmart to buy a gallon of clorox in a few hours.

Thanks for the great advice here as usual !!
Pilot135pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #24

Just dump a pint of Hydrogen Peroxide in and run all the faucets to flush the lines.
sprnt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #25

Brand new New Mar Bay Star 2903 with smell in hot water side. Why, no anode and new First time out
zrobotman is offline   Reply With Quote