Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Running lights not working

On our way down to Florida in a '93 Georgie Boy, just realized running lights aren't working, were working this morning....any suggestions before sundown would be greatly appreciated! All other lights are working.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #2

Check the 12 volt fuse box first. If the fuse to those lights is burned try replacing it. If it is not you may just have a loose connection

Old 08-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
TGR

Since it is getting close to 5 pm, I would call the manufacturer. They might be able to help narrow it down. I would look at the fuses first. I would ask the manufacturer if the lights are wired in a way that they all go out if one burns out. Probably not wired that way, but I would ask since they all went out. I doubt all the bulbs would burn out at the same time, but you never know.

I would also check the switch which turns them on. It might have gone bad. I am thinking you may have lost the ground for the lights. Without knowing how it's wired - these are some things I would check.

Good Luck, and safe travels.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #4

Already done, first thing we tried...already tried all the basic stuff, thanks though! Keep them coming, would hate to have to stop for nightfall!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #5

[QUOTE="TGR"]Since it is getting close to 5 pm, I would call the manufacturer. They might be able to help narrow it down. I would look at the fuses first. I would ask the manufacturer if the lights are wired in a way that they all go out if one burns out. Probably not wired that way, but I would ask since they all went out. I doubt all the bulbs would burn out at the same time, but you never know.

I would also check the switch which turns them on. It might have gone bad. I am thinking you may have lost the ground for the lights. Without knowing how it's wired - these are some things I would check.

Good Luck, and safe travels.[/QUOTE
I'm pretty sure Georgie Boy is no longer around, was bought out by another company...we already checked all the basic/obvious solutions without success, and we're (actually HE is,lol!)very mechanically inclined, thanks for your help though!
Anybody else? Really want to be sitting on that beach by 12:00pm, hate to lose so many driving hours, Lol!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #6

Probably Headlight switch. I had a problem with mine recently. They are usaully just an automotive type switch and plug.

joe
Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeplazek
Probably Headlight switch. I had a problem with mine recently. They are usaully just an automotive type switch and plug.

joe
Wouldn't that affect headlights too?
Old 08-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisablue85 View Post
Wouldn't that affect headlights too?
Most, if not all, light switches pull out to a first position that turns on the running lights. Then next position turns on the head lights. So, a bad switch or disconnected connector or a broken wire could cause one or the other to go out.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Georgoe Boy was manufactured in Edwardsburg, MI. until they were bough out by Coachmen. I th9nk they built for a year or so in Mich. before mov9ing everyth9iing South of the border.
bsinmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #10

Thanks all! Running lights back on! Problem solved for now...not fixed, but solved, at least till we get to the campground & he can see what's causing the problem
Old 08-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #11

Please let us know what the problem turns out to be. We love happy endings with the solution shared for all to remember. HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote