Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Funny how this topic came up just when I'm thinking of selling my 9'6" Zodiac roll up with a wood floor. Six hp. 2cyl motor with a external fuel tank. It's heavy takes up a lot of room not sure if I want to keep it or not?
I was wondering if an inflatable rigid floor would use less room? Thoughts?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectraguy View Post
I was wondering if an inflatable rigid floor would use less room? Thoughts?
No because a rigid floor actually has a fiberglass v hull and you cannot roll it up to store it, you can only deflate the tubes. They ride much much better and you can run them up on the beach w/o worry. The others have an inflatable keel and a roll up floor. With the tubes deflated the transom folds down and the boat just rolls up. More care in running up on shore. Now I'm talking about Zodiacs and other good similar inflatables not the cheaper boats.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #31

Quote:
No because a rigid floor actually has a fiberglass v hull and you cannot roll it up to store it, you can only deflate the tubes. They ride much much better and you can run them up on the beach w/o worry. The others have an inflatable keel and a roll up floor. With the tubes deflated the transom folds down and the boat just rolls up. More care in running up on shore. Now I'm talking about Zodiacs and other good similar inflatables not the cheaper boats.

Could you explain it again, what you wrote is a bit confusing? Are you saying a hard V-hull requires less storage space? I really like the idea of an inflatable rigid floor for fast set-up & more of a compact design, even though it's flat on the bottom I doubt some sand will damage much. I find some of these offer a dolly wheel kit to let one person roll it into the water. that would also be nice if we are using a boat ramp designed for paddle craft.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:31 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Could you explain it again, what you wrote is a bit confusing? Are you saying a hard V-hull requires less storage space? I really like the idea of an inflatable rigid floor for fast set-up & more of a compact design, even though it's flat on the bottom I doubt some sand will damage much. I find some of these offer a dolly wheel kit to let one person roll it into the water. that would also be nice if we are using a boat ramp designed for paddle craft.
I read back thru my message makes since but maybe got into more detail than you need. The rigids do not roll up. The roll ups do however have a hinged hard floor on the inside. More care around beaches with coral or rocks.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:15 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a Sea Eagle 285 pontoon inflatable and it backs in storage without a problem. Haven't used it yet, soon...
NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:49 PM   #34

Quote:
I read back thru my message makes since but maybe got into more detail than you need. The rigids do not roll up. The roll ups do however have a hinged hard floor on the inside. More care around beaches with coral or rocks.
Ahh, I was asking about an inflatable rigid floor, not an inflatable boat with a rigid floor, I think that's what started the confusion. Many newer inflatable zodiac style boats and paddle boards are totally inflatable but have a rigid enough floor to stand on without the need for a snap in floor.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:25 AM   #35

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Ahh, I was asking about an inflatable rigid floor, not an inflatable boat with a rigid floor, I think that's what started the confusion. Many newer inflatable zodiac style boats and paddle boards are totally inflatable but have a rigid enough floor to stand on without the need for a snap in floor.

I hate it when that happens....face palm:/

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum