Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rv Armor

I'm looking at having the roof on my coach redone in the next few weeks , has anyone her used this company before?

They come to you and replace the roof on site and the quote they gave me was pretty cheap. I've tried to find reviews and opinions on their service but can't really find anything positive or negative.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2015, 01:50 PM   #2

Google "RV Armor Reviews"
Much to see

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1426099843.887308.jpg
Views: 6933
Size:  60.4 KB

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
I recommend you Google Rv Armor Reviews.
I did and only checked out FMCA site. I would review all the reviews, the one you are talking about was not recommended due to bubbling problem. There are 2 similarly named companies, one is only in Florida, and has good recommendations, the company that comes to your home, does not have good reviews.
Good Luck, I will look forward to how you fair.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For a second, I thought you were trying to build your own EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle, like in the movie Stripes.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:22 AM   #5

I'm still trying to decide. But I've narrowed it down to two, LineX, or RV Roof in FL.(www.rvroof.com) I did consider RV Armor, but after some digging decided against them. One of the things that's important to me is color matching, which LineX and Rv Roof can do. And a strong point for LineX is that any LineX dealer can repair any damage that might happen. So I wouldn't have to travel to FL. to fix anything, although with experience in having LineX in my pickup's, I would be surprised if that would happen. So I'm still on the fence but teetering toward LineX..
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
For a second, I thought you were trying to build your own EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle, like in the movie Stripes.
Who says I'm not? 😉 (just don't tell anybody)

Since neither my wife or I were in any condition to travel at the time I decided to go with RV Armor,the fact that they gave the best price And came to us I had to give them a shot.
Everyone I spoke to was very courteous and answered every question I threw at them. The installer was fast and professional and did a great job on the roof and replacing my skylight. I nonexclusive couldn't be happier with the job they did.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:45 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just had my roof done by RV Armor and I'm happy with the results. The only issue I ran into was with the presence of adhesive residue left behind by EternaBond tape that I installed several years ago.

I couldn't find any informative reviews on RV Armor, so I am in the middle of preparing an in-depth review of them along with photos. I should have it completed and upload to the forum library in a day or two, if you'd like to keep an eye out for it.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:55 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had the same problem finding information and reviews beyond what was on their website.

I will tell you they stand behind their product though.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:12 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My personal review of RV Armor is now in the forum library. You can download it HERE.

Craig

Old 05-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #10

Craig,

Thanks for the comprehensive review. I saved it for reference. I have been thinking about recoating our EPDM coach roof either with liquid rubber (DIY) or getting RV Armor or RV Flex Armor coating. I was wondering about removing Eternabond as I have it 4 different places on our roof. I did find some information about removing Eternabond using a heat gun or hair dryer and then removing the residual adhesive with a solvent. Based on your information I will definitely remove it.

I am curious about caulking. Our roof has a lot of self leveling caulk on areas around roof penetrations such as TV antenna, shower skylight, rear ladder, front and rear caps, etc. Also a dome antenna has been removed and the penetrations caulked as well. How does the installer handle these areas? Does he remove the old caulk and re-seal the areas or does he just apply the coating over the old caulk. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

WM
Old 05-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rv Armor

WM,

My installer used an electric multi-tool to remove the EternaBond tape and solvent to remove the adhesive. This worked well in most areas except for the four corners of my roof, as shown in my photos. I wish he had tried a heat gun as you suggested.

He did not remove any caulking (Dicor) unless it was damaged and couldn't be cleaned with his solvents. This included all of the self leveling Dicor that was around the base of all of my roof mounted apparatus. He coated over all of the Dicor with all three coats of the RV Armor process. This provided a seamless integration of the roof and sealants which eliminates the need to re-caulk again.

Hope this answers your questions.

Craig

Old 07-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A few posts have been removed as our rules do not allow vendor disputes.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Smile RV Roof Armor

I had them do it 2 years ago and I am very happy with it. I wash the roof once a year and make inspection to ensure all is well. RV Roof Armor is a very good choice.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:53 PM   #14

I just had RV Armor put on my 10 year old Class C RV and am very happy with the process although the installer did not take the AC cover off to get what I thought would be a better inspection. I plan to talk to RV Armor about that in the next few days. But regardless of that I believe in the what they did will work and will be a great long-term fix that I will not have to worry about. Thank you Craig for posting your review.