Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #15

I'm currently at Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL. getting some work done. I watched them remove the 3M film from a coach here and was really impressed. No paint damage what so ever. They buffed it, and you couldn't tell if it ever had it on in the first place, and it had been on for years. They used some kind of a steam thingy that just loosened it right up. Plus they have there own campground which makes it convenient if you're having work done here. They also have a great paint and body shop. I had some damage to my coach done and they matched the paint amazingly.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #16

Alliance Coach 3M removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
I'm currently at Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL. getting some work done. I watched them remove the 3M film from a coach here and was really impressed. No paint damage what so ever. They buffed it, and you couldn't tell if it ever had it on in the first place, and it had been on for years. They used some kind of a steam thingy that just loosened it right up. Plus they have there own campground which makes it convenient if you're having work done here. They also have a great paint and body shop. I had some damage to my coach done and they matched the paint amazingly.
Thank you for your reply. How long did it take for the removal of the film? What
was their $ estimate for the removal?

Old 11-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #17

Sorry, I have never used google to share photos before. This link should work. https://plus.google.com/photos/10517...Jugm-7jsJLL4QE

I did not have paint work done there only a floor repair. RV Clearcoat Panit and Body was paid the sum of $6,204.78 to repair the floor of a travel trailer. This would include replacing damaged wood, installing new flooring and replacing the rear slide seal. None of the work was done correctly after they had three opportunities to do so. The flooring that they installed is not staying down and was not installed correctly. Furthermore, after contacting the manufacturer of the flooring regarding this issue, I was informed that this flooring should only be used in a residential or commercial application. They also told me that not only would it not work if it was installed in a trailer, it would also void their warranty. This product can only be used in an environment that has constant climate control. They also installed a piece of aluminum trim at the edge of the floor that was too high and it damaged the bottom of the slide room. In order to make the trim fit, they use a die grinder on the slide glide that the room rides on, destroying it in the process.

In addition to the flooring issue, they also did not install the rear seal correctly. A few days after picking the trailer up, it rained and since the seal was not installed correctly, water leaked into the unit again. We took it back and they replaced the seal however, it still is not right. They never removed the backing from the original seal, they just stuck the new one on top of it. Also the seal is not straight and it has a inch dip in it at the top where water can collect. Essentially, everything that they did will need to be redone. Once the flooring is removed there is no telling what we will find underneath of it.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #18

Rv clearcoat paint and body of tampa

Sorry, I have never used Google to post photos before. This link should work. I will be adding captions soon.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10517...Jugm-7jsJLL4QE

I did not have paint work done there, only a floor repair. RV Clearcoat Panit and Body was paid the sum of $6,204.78 to repair the floor of a travel trailer. This would include replacing damaged wood, installing new flooring and replacing the rear slide seal. None of the work was done correctly after they had three opportunities to do so. The flooring that they installed is not staying down and was not installed correctly. Furthermore, after contacting the manufacturer of the flooring regarding this issue, I was informed that this flooring should only be used in a residential or commercial application. They also told me that not only would it not work if it was installed in a trailer, it would also void their warranty. This product can only be used in an environment that has constant climate control. They also installed a piece of aluminum trim at the edge of the floor that was too high and it damaged the bottom of the slide room. In order to make the trim fit, they use a die grinder on the slide glide that the room rides on, destroying it in the process.

In addition to the flooring issue, they also did not install the rear seal correctly. A few days after picking the trailer up, it rained and since the seal was not installed correctly, water leaked into the unit again. We took it back and they replaced the seal however, it still is not right. They never removed the backing from the original seal, they just stuck the new one on top of it. Also the seal is not straight and it has a inch dip in it at the top where water can collect. Essentially, everything that they did will need to be redone. Once the flooring is removed there is no telling what we will find underneath of it.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by triden121
Sorry, I have never used Google to post photos before. This link should work. I will be adding captions soon.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10517...Jugm-7jsJLL4QE

I did not have paint work done there, only a floor repair. RV Clearcoat Panit and Body was paid the sum of $6,204.78 to repair the floor of a travel trailer. This would include replacing damaged wood, installing new flooring and replacing the rear slide seal. None of the work was done correctly after they had three opportunities to do so. The flooring that they installed is not staying down and was not installed correctly. Furthermore, after contacting the manufacturer of the flooring regarding this issue, I was informed that this flooring should only be used in a residential or commercial application. They also told me that not only would it not work if it was installed in a trailer, it would also void their warranty. This product can only be used in an environment that has constant climate control. They also installed a piece of aluminum trim at the edge of the floor that was too high and it damaged the bottom of the slide room. In order to make the trim fit, they use a die grinder on the slide glide that the room rides on, destroying it in the process.

Sorry that happened and now you have to get it repaired yet again. I have to ask, why would you use a body shop to install a floor? Seems that would not be their expertise. I hope you get it fixed and back out enjoying the trailer.

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniss View Post
Thank you for your reply. How long did it take for the removal of the film? What
was their $ estimate for the removal?
Since it wasn't my coach I have no idea of the cost. But it only took them a few hours to get it off. I didn't watch them the whole time, but I did go back a few times to see how they were doing, and was really impressed in the job they did.

Tags
paint