Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
RV dealer recommendation in Sacramento

Thanks for the welcome, I originaly had posted this request in my intro post but figured i might get better responce over here. Anybody have any experience with or can recommend an RV dealer in the greater Sacramento, Ca (100 or so mile radius)? We live on the Sierra side in the foothills just south of Auburn along hiway 49. I've visited a couple, DeMartini's in Grass Valley and of course Camping World in Rocklin but I'm sure there are many more. Any that I might want to avoid as well. Looking at class A, diesel or gas still up in the air.
Thanks again!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #2

I bought from a private party but thought my inquiries to DeMartini's were prefessionally handled and they seem to have great inventory. They "seemed" as honest as you can get in used sales, tho I do not know for sure.

akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have dealt / purchased from Demartini 3 times and they are the best I believe, I tried dealing with Happy Daze a couple times but didn't care for their sales people and their service dept. did you go to both Demartini locations? They have a Sacramento location off business 80 between El Camino and Arden way
Daytripper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #4

Another vote for DeMartini! We got our 2009 Diplomat from them this last spring. We feel that we got the 2009 for a good price and we got a 'fair' trade-in for our 2003 Endeavor. We did most everything either over the internet of by my sister who lives in CA.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the vote of confidence for DeMartini's I didn't know about the one in Sacramento so I will have to go check that out, as well as make another trip to GV.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #6

We used the Grass Valley location of DeMartini. We did most of our dealings with Jay. They also have a couple of RV camping spots on site that you can use. This worked out real nice for us as we had to transfer 'stuff' from MH to the other.
Good luck!
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #7

We purchased from DeMartini last month and were very happy with them.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
DeMartinis when we bought in 08 and Monaco shortly went bankrupt. DeMartini followed up on a fogged window and replaced it. I'm sure they got hung out to dry but they took great care of us.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #9

Depends on the brand you are looking for. DeMartini and LaMesa in Davis are the only two large volume dealers that give heavy discounts in our area. If you're going to stop by at LaMesa I would call first as they have 90% of their motorhomes at shows thurs-sunday.
dondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We went to the la Mesa show yesterday and found a nice coach but they lowballed on our trade. On the way home we stopped at a small used rv dealer in our home town and found a very similar coach with low miles and a better price plus almost a third more value for our trade. Chech out RV Connection in Auburn, Ca.
We went to DeMartini's in Grass Valley but could not find any of the gas coaches they had advertised on their web site, I guess it could be that all the gas A's are at the Sacramento store.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Another vote for Demartini. We looked at several Coaches and although we could not agree on price they offered us a hook up for the night. Jay is great! They were as transparent as one could ask.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #12

DeMartini sold me an unsafe high end 5th wheel after making me pay a $500 inspection fee then lied to me for over a month that the check will be in the mail.

Was sold an unsafe trailer after paying $500 safety inspection and damage was pointed out to the dealer a week before I picked up the trailer. I bought a Trailer that had broken suspension and bad breaks. I live 400 miles away and had a relative who is a mechanic go inspect it before I bought it. During the inspection he saw the broken suspension and pointed it out to the only lady who works at the Sacramento location. She told him it would be fixed during the inspection. When buying it the cost was $500 more than agreed and when talking with Tim Martini the owner he said this was an safety inspection fee that I must pay to buy from him. I agreed to pay the fee for the inspection. I drove 400 miles to pick up the trailer. After doing the paperwork while leaving the brakes did not work on the trailer. Their on site mechanic went under the trailer 3 times and adjusted the brakes which is a very unsafe way to adjust brakes since you can not tell if you have any or too much friction. When I left with the trailer they barely worked and was very unsafe. I took the trailer to a RV repair to get then adjusted properly with the wheels off the ground. Additionally their mechanic knew this and said he did not have a jack strong enough to lift my trailer. When I dropped off the trailer to get the brakes adjusted they found the broken suspension parts that had been pointed out to them a week earlier. The trailer was sitting on its frame and had damaged 2 of the four tires. The repair parts had to be ordered so I had to leave the trailer in Northern California and drive 400 miles back home. I then had to drive 400 miles up and back to pick it up after the repairs. The total cost for repairs, tires, 800 miles round trip and vacation time used to make the drive cost me $5000. I contacted Rodney Sease from the moment I found out about the damage. He said don't worry we will help you cover the cost and to keep him informed which I did every step of the way. Once I had all the figures I requested only $2341. Rodney said he met with Tim the owner and that he agreed to pay my requested amount and that they would get me a check. I called every couple days for a month and was told everything it would be sent the next day. On 9-18 Rodney told me the last check that was mailed to me from Grass Valley must have been lost and he would get a new one cut and he would overnight it to me via UPS. I did not get a check on Friday as promised, no check Saturday or Monday. I texted Rodney multiple times asking for the tracking number and he said he would get me the tracking number which he never did since there was never a check sent. Today 9-30 I called the accounts payable person to ask if there was a check cut for me and she said no there was never a check cut for me and she then got Tim the owner on the phone who said this was the first time ever he had heard of this. Tim claimed that the damage was done after I left their lot which is not true and my relative can confirm this. Tim the owner only agreed to pay me $500 which I declined. I was sold a very unsafe vehicle that should have been inspected that I paid $500! For and lied to countless times. I have text messages and emails that I will gladly share.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
RVUSA in Davis, CA

I had made an offer on a coach that I know, he has been advertising for at least 5 months and he chose to ignore my offer. My offer was a little low, 70% of his asking price but I did not expect him to simply ignore. I think this guy could be very hard to deal with?

Any body have any experience with this dealer?
Old 12-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eande View Post
demartini sold me an unsafe high end 5th wheel after making me pay a $500 inspection fee then lied to me for over a month that the check will be in the mail.

Was sold an unsafe trailer after paying $500 safety inspection and damage was pointed out to the dealer a week before i picked up the trailer. I bought a trailer that had broken suspension and bad breaks. I live 400 miles away and had a relative who is a mechanic go inspect it before i bought it. During the inspection he saw the broken suspension and pointed it out to the only lady who works at the sacramento location. She told him it would be fixed during the inspection. When buying it the cost was $500 more than agreed and when talking with tim martini the owner he said this was an safety inspection fee that i must pay to buy from him. I agreed to pay the fee for the inspection. I drove 400 miles to pick up the trailer. After doing the paperwork while leaving the brakes did not work on the trailer. Their on site mechanic went under the trailer 3 times and adjusted the brakes which is a very unsafe way to adjust brakes since you can not tell if you have any or too much friction. When i left with the trailer they barely worked and was very unsafe. I took the trailer to a rv repair to get then adjusted properly with the wheels off the ground. Additionally their mechanic knew this and said he did not have a jack strong enough to lift my trailer. When i dropped off the trailer to get the brakes adjusted they found the broken suspension parts that had been pointed out to them a week earlier. The trailer was sitting on its frame and had damaged 2 of the four tires. The repair parts had to be ordered so i had to leave the trailer in northern california and drive 400 miles back home. I then had to drive 400 miles up and back to pick it up after the repairs. The total cost for repairs, tires, 800 miles round trip and vacation time used to make the drive cost me $5000. I contacted rodney sease from the moment i found out about the damage. He said don't worry we will help you cover the cost and to keep him informed which i did every step of the way. Once i had all the figures i requested only $2341. Rodney said he met with tim the owner and that he agreed to pay my requested amount and that they would get me a check. I called every couple days for a month and was told everything it would be sent the next day. On 9-18 rodney told me the last check that was mailed to me from grass valley must have been lost and he would get a new one cut and he would overnight it to me via ups. I did not get a check on friday as promised, no check saturday or monday. I texted rodney multiple times asking for the tracking number and he said he would get me the tracking number which he never did since there was never a check sent. Today 9-30 i called the accounts payable person to ask if there was a check cut for me and she said no there was never a check cut for me and she then got tim the owner on the phone who said this was the first time ever he had heard of this. Tim claimed that the damage was done after i left their lot which is not true and my relative can confirm this. Tim the owner only agreed to pay me $500 which i declined. I was sold a very unsafe vehicle that should have been inspected that i paid $500! For and lied to countless times. I have text messages and emails that i will gladly share.
you must be dumber than a box of rocks for paying the $500 and than buying from them!!!

Tags
dealer