Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #1

RV Diesel Service - Las Vegas

Just had our 1994 C8.3 Diesel engine serviced in Las Vegas at Cashman CAT on St. Rose Parkway. They did a a full service of engine, transmission, brakes, and cooling system. Was a wonderful experience. Facility is world class and techs are RV savoy. You could eat off the floor in the huge service bays. Manager Nick Smith has invested a lot of time and money on training his techs and getting the right equipment to work on older engines like ours as well as the latest CAT, Cummins, or any other Diesel engine.

Would recommend Cashman to anyone passing through Las Vegas and in need of service.

Also got a recommendation to get new steer tires at Redburn Tires in N. Las Vegas. Got a great price from Mark Nelson. Unit was in and out in an hour with new steering tires mounted and balanced. They do warn to call ahead as they sometimes have to move tires from other stores in the southwest. Ours came from Tucson. They do heavy equipment and OTR truck tires, but can give you good deal on RV tires. Place isn't fancy, but you won't be there very long.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
Speedco
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:34 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeigant View Post
Speedco
What is that about?
Old 07-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Al, I am in need of some steer tires and live a little over a hour from Vegas. What size tires, brand, and if you don't mind, how much?
Also, thanks for the recommendation.

Bob
Bangorbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #5

Redburn Tires

I got Bridgestone 245/75 22.5. Was $1136 for two. Mounted, balanced, and disposal of old tires. They also handle Goodyear and Michelin. It is not in best part of town, so you want to make arrangements to come in during the middle of the day and make sure they get right to you.

I filled out their online quote request and noted I wanted the tires in Las Vegas. Got the quote via email from the Las Vegas rep. He arranged to have the tires sent from their Tucson store to LV. I called him a couple days ahead of time and he verified the tires were there and ready.

The rep says to give them 10 days to two weeks to make sure they have right tires where you want them. They mainly do heavy equipment, but don't mind doing RV's.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:13 AM   #6

Glad to here the good review about Cashman diesel. I'm looking at a local RV and was told today by dealer he had no records on Cat 3126. Engine only has 76,000 mi but I sure as hell ain't buying it w/o having the engine gone over completely. If they say no, then I'll move on to another rig. It's a really nice Safari Sahara, so I hope it works out for me...
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for posting the positive review of your service experience.

A while ago I came across, what I feel is a great, free web service called RV Service Reviews.

From the User perspective, you can select your state or province (Canadian support too ) and look at the various ratings, reviews and comments from fellow RV'ers who have used their services.

I have used this twice now to help find service providers and both times it has been a great experience.

From the Contributor perspective, adding a report is fast and easy as well as a great way to give back.

Tags
diesel, gas, service