Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2019, 06:01 PM   #127

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by caroga View Post
Florida does not accept EZ Pass at all SunPass tolls. However, there are signs at certain sections of toll roads that will accpoet but then goes back to note accepting. Florida has SunPass and EPass. Totally screwy
It is my understanding the the NC Quick/Ez Pass works on all Florida toll roads except one, the name of which I don't remember. Additionally regarding another post you can get all setup on line... Easy Peezy.....
rhilton284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2019, 06:27 PM   #128

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredCampe View Post
Please share the address for I must of missed it.
https://www.ncquickpass.com/Pages/default.aspx

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-08-2019, 05:00 AM   #129

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredCampe View Post
I live in NC and have been looking at the EZ pass. Did not see the web address to purchase it. Did find phone numbers to call, but no way to do it on line. Please share the address for I must of missed it.

Thanks
see my post #29 for the link
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:09 AM   #130

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjoa View Post
Ok, good, so one last question.
Out of all the states that are covered with your E-ZPass, how many states have you actually gone through while towing with this set up? And...have there been any billing issues?
This past summer used it in West Virginia, Virginia, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey without any problems.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:13 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
This past summer used it in West Virginia, Virginia, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey without any problems.
You want the NC quick pass/EZ pass. Just the EZ pass won’t work in Fl and Ga.
In addition to the above states this summer we were also in NC, Ohio, Illinois, Georgia, Indiana, Florida and the new bridge in Louisville Ky with the quick pass/EZ pass from NC. Never missed a beat, never got any additional tolls.
Contrary to what’s some on here say the quick pass will work either having one per vehicle or just having one and transferring it between vehicles as long as they’re listed on your NC account. I have two and just remove the one from toad when towing. However, a friend had just one and followed us to all above states and just transferred his from one vehicle to other. His worked just as well as mine and he got charged same as me. So EITHER way works, just your preference.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:30 AM   #132

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
In addition to the above states this summer we were also in NC, Ohio, Illinois, Georgia, Indiana, Florida and the new bridge in Louisville Ky with the quick pass/EZ pass from NC. Never missed a beat, never got any additional tolls.
Contrary to what’s some on here say the quick pass will work either having one per vehicle or just having one and transferring it between vehicles as long as they’re listed on your NC account. I have two and just remove the one from toad when towing. However, a friend had just one and followed us to all above states and just transferred his from one vehicle to other. His worked just as well as mine and he got charged same as me. So EITHER way works, just your preference.
X2, What Rollin101 said...... [emoji3]
Old 01-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #133
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

The NC EZPASS, and using only that pass, worked for me on Florida for the 3 weeks I used it in that state. I just switched it from MH to TOAD as told by NC to do. Now I'm wondering why it didn't work for you.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
The NC EZPASS, and using only that pass, worked for me on Florida for the 3 weeks I used it in that state. I just switched it from MH to TOAD as told by NC to do. Now I'm wondering why it didn't work for you.
Fl will tell you the EZ pass won’t work. It has to be the transponder that says quick pass on it.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #135

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Fl will tell you the EZ pass won’t work. It has to be the transponder that says quick pass on it.
To work in all of the previously mentioned locations it has to be the NC Quick Ez Pass.Click image for larger version

Name:	transponder-nc-quick-pass-ezpass-hardcase.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	231345
Old 01-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhilton284 View Post
To work in all of the previously mentioned locations it has to be the NC Quick Ez Pass.Attachment 231345
X2 correct!
Old 01-08-2019, 08:06 PM   #137
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
To work in all of the previously mentioned locations it has to be the NC Quick Ez Pass.Attachment 231345

That is the one I have!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:04 AM   #138

Quote:
Since we don't move often, we travel with two vehicles, a truck towing our 5th wheel and an SUV, sometimes towing a boat. The truck and the SUV each have its own NC Quick Pass transponder. We have traveled on toll roads and bridges in most of the East Coast states from Maine to Florida to West Virginia. The charges on our statement have always reflected the difference between towing or not on either vehicle.
One exception was a few years ago on I-90. The Massachusetts Turnpike section got it right and charged us for the SUV (no boat) and the truck/trailer combo (towing the 5vr). On the NY Thruway section, between Albany and Syracuse, we had an issue. At both the entry and exit booths I got the green "GO" light as usual. However, the apparent lack of any axle counting devices missed our 5th wheel both times.
I called to report it, but couldn't get through on the phone!
8824rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
That is the one I have!
And you’re confusing it with the EZ pass. That one is the NC quick pass/EZ pass. If you just get the EZ pass you can’t transfer it to another vehicle and it doesn’t work in Fl or Ga.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #140

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
And you’re confusing it with the EZ pass. That one is the NC quick pass/EZ pass. If you just get the EZ pass you can’t transfer it to another vehicle and it doesn’t work in Fl or Ga.
I don't think that in NC you can just get the EZ Pass. It is the combo of NC Quickpass/EZ Pass and that only cost $7.40 or $13.49 for the transponder. You can just get the NC Quickpass at no charge.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote