Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Why not use a diesel air filter can?

i trashed the old one that came with the RV many years ago .... wish i still had it .. but then again i am sure there is a higher cost for that filter latter down the road .. so i think i would more like to all so stay with a every day but still over sized unit that i can get at any auto store

where i am staying working off the beach here .. theres not much in the way of junk yards .. more so to find any type of HD truck parts

some of the older 99 suburbans have a large can / drum air filter
they where a one size fits all for many years and types of motor so i was going to look at one of them .. it all so has a nice locking cover

i have a piece of 4inc pipe i well take with me to mach up some thing i feel i can work with ... you know me

a you pull it junk yard is like a candy shop for me and i would stay there all day but i cant keep michelle out in the sun for long

i really hope i can get every thing in line for a test drive next month
its really going to come down to the price on the drive shaft

so things i still need to do or get

drive shaft edit

mound for the shifter cable .. i have one coming but i am sure i have to edited it to make it work

still have to get a coolant censer 45$
fan 65$ and a thread on fan adapter 70$ as i dont want to use the stock setup

edit my fan shroud .. if i only know i was 1 inc to low when installing the motor .. when i was dropping the motor in i KNOW just know it was going to be way way off so i never look at it thinking ,... yeah i have to edit that .. and it came out all most right as they say if i only know

some more small wiring stuff to do . like tapping up and covering wire from the weather

have to get more motor oil and trans oil .... as i did not top them off as if any thing was wrong i did not want to blow alot of money on any type of oil

i am having a hard time finding a allison 1000 dip stick .... so i still need that

O a big one that drives me nuts .. dos it any one else ?? out there
i am going to move my brake pedal from a floor mounted unit to a wall mounted unit

i well add a pic but the floor is not the same and dips down and the dip makes the floor cut in the back of my foot when driving

this is not some thing i have to do for a test drive around the block

but i have a thick still box for the steering wheel and i can wield too to make a HD wall to take the stress and install me gas and break pedal there

i know sounds nuts but like they say in fast food .. i like it my way

what else do i need to do .. humm thinking .... O i did pull about 1500 feet of old not used wiring out of the frame .. i wish i got video of how some of it was ran in there so every one could see it just falling out of the covering hanging down cut wires over still parts .. no wonder it was on fire .. just trash how it was installed .. and no i am not talking what i did . .. i am talking what came with the RV

well i have a good hand full of parts coming in .. in the next few days so i well keep every one posted on hows its going

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #142

Part: 12555623*
Description: SHIELD
Unit Price: $37.28
--------------------------------------------------------
Part: 12576124*
Description: SHIELD
Unit Price: $39.58

Old 07-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #143

so here is what is new

i think i hurt the fuel filter by it being piped up wrong .. 60$ err if it is
if i hurt the fuel pump a 120$ err

it seem like i just have low fuel PIS at the min as there is lag when you give it gas

i have to get a fuel gauge to see what it is doing other then that motor is running good but a miss .. i all so think a coil is not working like some one swopped out parts .. one of them the part number is not the same .. well see

found one more wire err in the system .. i guess that is good as .. befor i talked of missing 3 power wires up there .... well this one the trans was giving me code P2810 the wire for PCS G was missing ..

at first i was very upset thinking i really F up as very post on that code was from some one swopping out a trans for def.. year and unit numbers .. so at first i really did get upset in tell i found where this G solenoid was .. then it hit me i have the G solenoid i seen it in the pan look at the pics when i had the pan open and sure in plane site it was here ..

so ok back to wiring and OPPS the only wiring i have for a allison 1000 was for a 2003 unit in 04 they added one wire from the TCM red J2 pin 30 to VB plug pin R .. 30 mins under the RV and away gos the code

when i looked at my paper work i did have a note added on this but it was with about 50 more notes and was looked over

G solenoid so every one knows it to cut back on line PSI at lower RMPs for better MPG

swopping in and newer year TCM or older year trans in to a truck well get this code

for me i was just lucky i guess that i was sticking to one vin number one year truck for all parts and part numbers

so i guess from making a wiring harness from the ground up with over 170 wires going form here to there at the motor and trans alone my err rate was missing only 4 and 2 wires backwards in the start relay

for right now i show no codes in the TCM or ECM

PS you have to full size the video to see most of whats going on in texted at the bottom of the clusters

so whats left tell test drive
allison dip stick i hope i can find a small one like in the pic
i have to get a fan adapter for my fan to water pump in pic
drive shaft ..
get the right size serpentine belt and mod and fix every thing to be out from the motor just right for all this to be in line
still have to edit my fan cover
cap off a hot water line for the dash
find some thing else i forgot about i am sure
jump in and go and test it

O and i hand full of parts from the junk yard like a air filter box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	68895  
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #144

so i need doing so updating in my wiring post .. it now has a good hand full of info

Edit/Fixes for your 12v Chassis Wiring

so i know the cam fogged up when i walked out side ... thats how cold my friend keep hes place... to cold for me ... but any ways this is a side of the RV that has not been seen

PS fog gos away as i am talking

and again i want to think the 30 ppl or so that keep coming here to see how things are going ... now that my post never shows up in NEW POST tab no one knows when i post any more in less they get a email ..

so really thanks for coming

i all so wanted to ask is pics. or video better .. i started thinking that some may not have the net to see the videos and just what a cell phone can show .. so i wanted to ask

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	040226TH04-293.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	69330   Click image for larger version

Name:	9037570520_cbd4807934_b.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	69331  

Attached Images

Old 07-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #145

Winnebago Owners Club
Wow. Mind boggling! You, sir, are an artiste!!!

Such talent, coupled with a truly human approach to life is awesome to see! My best to you and Michelle.... you guys deserve nothing but the best!

Kyle
Old 08-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #146

TEST DRIVE

i want to thank Karl & michelle again for there help a few months ago
just that small amount of help got me to test drive the RV this month or i would have had to put it off for one more month

i did not know the allison would need 4 gallons befor it would move

i was guessing just 2 in tell i ask the allison shop and O the shock i got

i wanted to so badly see the RV more so i had to the credit card

200$ latter ..... yeah yeah yeah i know some of you guys have it harder when its time

i was all so wrong on the oil in the 8.1l as i have the IN,D pan
it holds 2 gallons as well of 5-30 oil and i was test starting it on just one gallon ... .. still had good oil PSI and the low oil censer never told me i was low so i have to look into that now

the day never seems to end on wiring so i still have a good bet of work still to do there

but here is the very first test drive .. sorry its only around the block and not on the open road but i talk about that and much more in the video

sorry its 20 mins long

O PS again my gopro mic is so low that i have to 7X times the sound so every thing sounds nuts .. and like i am getting down on her hard but its just the mic and i never pushed it

latter i need to setup the gopro to look at the motor and see what all the motor mounts are doing make sure every thing well hold and really get down on it hard to make sure nothing is going to come apart

Old 08-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
TEST DRIVE

i want to thank Karl & michelle again for there help a few months ago
just that small amount of help got me to test drive the RV this month or i would have had to put it off for one more month

i did not know the allison would need 4 gallons befor it would move

i was guessing just 2 in tell i ask the allison shop and O the shock i got

i wanted to so badly see the RV more so i had to the credit card

200$ latter ..... yeah yeah yeah i know some of you guys have it harder when its time

i was all so wrong on the oil in the 8.1l as i have the IN,D pan
it holds 2 gallons as well of 5-30 oil and i was test starting it on just one gallon ... .. still had good oil PSI and the low oil censer never told me i was low so i have to look into that now

the day never seems to end on wiring so i still have a good bet of work still to do there

but here is the very first test drive .. sorry its only around the block and not on the open road but i talk about that and much more in the video

sorry its 20 mins long

O PS again my gopro mic is so low that i have to 7X times the sound so every thing sounds nuts .. and like i am getting down on her hard but its just the mic and i never pushed it

latter i need to setup the gopro to look at the motor and see what all the motor mounts are doing make sure every thing well hold and really get down on it hard to make sure nothing is going to come apart

Old 08-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #148

I am envious of your skills.

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #149

Winnebago Owners Club
Totally agree with Virago-Rider!!!! What I wouldn't give to have a 10th of Terry's talent!!!!

Rock on Big T.. do your magic and show us the way!!

Kyle
Old 08-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #150

Smile Totally Amazing

Terry, you are an amazing person. Your imagination, insight, knowledge & skills are incredible. I find it difficult to put into words my feelings as I have read through your story. Your persistence with this project in the face of all your difficulties is truly inspiring to me. I have subscribed to your YouTube videos & look forward to seeing you and your wife journey down the road. I also look forward to your wife's posts. God Bless you both.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:45 AM   #151

Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Dan Wong Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Wong
Terry, I am very impressed by your skill and tenacity with this project. Personally, I wouldn't have started or would have given up long ago. But you stick with it. More power to you; I am truly impressed.

I am wondering; what motivate you to do this? What do you do for a living that you can afford to devote so much time and effort on this project? Is this more or less what you do for a living? Is this your first project? What motivated you to continue? Do you have any regretted? How do you pay bills while doing this?…

Admittedly, I did not read every post (probably 50%); you may have already answered above questions, but somehow I missed, can you humor me a bit by answering again.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Wong View Post
Terry, I am very impressed by your skill and tenacity with this project. Personally, I wouldn't have started or would have given up long ago. But you stick with it. More power to you; I am truly impressed.

I am wondering; what motivate you to do this? What do you do for a living that you can afford to devote so much time and effort on this project? Is this more or less what you do for a living? Is this your first project? What motivated you to continue? Do you have any regretted? How do you pay bills while doing this?

Admittedly, I did not read every post (probably 50%); you may have already answered above questions, but somehow I missed, can you humor me a bit by answering again.
i guess i have not touched much on where i got my skill and tenacity from

so i am going to do this in a lot of posts

so i am sure if every one on here stoped by my post some one would pop out and say i know him ... HIM is my dad Tom hearn i well add a pic of him

my dad made parade flaots for a living for all of the state of FL
in FL every year is around 80 parades
my skill came from the flosts that have to be one way for one weekend and the next for some one else on the fly

me and my dad have touch a lot of lives and helped a lot of ppl so i well come back to that

i spent many years working with my dad to make many ??? funny looking floats .. every day they some how had to be eye popping to WOW every way we could

most of the time the WOWs came from driving this stuff down the hwy way at 60 MPR >>>> look mommy theirs a train going down the road <<< from the back seat of your car gets you to look

O yeah sorry back to the story my dad when i was a small kid work in the carnival field and so when it was time for me to go to school he and my mom had to slow down

this is when my dad meat this guy that owned a float company and he ran it in to the ground .... this was when i think i was 5 years old or some thing .. now i am 35 ... but back to him My dad payed 5$ to buy him out and from there on own.... Heritage Float Co.... so as a kid i grow up with a life like in the show junk yard wars .. with the same time line to get every thing done ...

my dad would have a yard just full of parts and for many years this is how i lived and worked for a living

so alot of my skills came from just hands on

i was all so very very shy so i stayed working in the back of the shop keeping every thing running why my dad worked with how every wanted to rent a float at the time

so yes i was the guy to keep every thing running and i was doing this type of work at age 10 and really younger .. i got every good in how to work with GM350s and TH400s i could cut down trucks and make them in to any thing that i wanted and they

could not over heat at 800 RPMs
keep the alt /DC all so working at low RPMs
still move and stop big loads why on the road
but still do 60MPR with out coming apart

at age 12 my dad started to make me drive this stuff yes no ly
not like most of it you could see the driver any way

as i got older i found my self more or less running every thing

why you may ask my dad was dying from cancer and he never told me
he know very soon i would have to run every thing

he keeped so much work on me i never seen it or know in tell the day he past away

he did make it longer then he was thinking so he made it to 2007 befor passing

YEAH 2007

so i was the man and step up and pulled Santa out AND ..? well get back to that

so i had the stress of taking over and the passing of my dad all so bad timing of a divorce and just a few more months is when the economic crash of 2008 started

let me post some pics and well keep moving on down want a time out err
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	71187   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-0005.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	71188  

Name:	PIC-1540.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	336.5 KB
ID:	71189   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-1545.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	71190  

Old 08-18-2014, 05:16 PM   #153

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry about your dad. My mom died when I was in mu 20s, dad, when I was in my 30s.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #154

so i had some really big feet to fill after the passing of my dad

i told my self i would do this stuff better cooler

some things he loved i pulled out of the back and gave it so much love OR big make over what every way you want to look at it

he loved his train so i well add befor pics then after

befor most of it was made out of wood

giving my new work load was so high i had to make it all out of still

so the train was 65 feet long and could hold 25 ppl more if they where standing on the out side but i did keep it at a safe number of 25

it did blow smock out the top and had a big sound system

the drive was in front of the driving motor and so there where all most no sound at driving speeds down the road

you can all so see in pic where all tires where for safety

pics 1 and 2 are of the old wood setup
from there on is all new trailer still cars and all
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PIC-0029.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	71196   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0361.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	477.4 KB