Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #29

i am moving right along with it

i did make a mold fro this part to make it all in one piece so thats why its so big

after making it i was like is it really going to fit right did i do it right

it was all so time to see it out side as its been in the shop for months so pushing it out side was not hard at all with the forklift.. next post

first try i did make it right and it was a very hard part to make

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #30

ok so what you see here looks nice and all but still has no motor and can not move under its own power??? what power!!

days befor moving it out i just got alot of the air lines installed and at that time was every new to a air brake system

the fire that started at the gen killed alot of the air lines coming and going from the driver side

so to unlock the brakes i would need to add air to unlock them .. in not knowing i fixed the air bag system latter that night befor

i think some can see where i am going but i well add a time line to this i hope funny part

in a weeks time i move the RV out of the shop

RV was made to only fit out this door with a 1/2 inc on the roof yeah yeah see where its going

push the RV out to clean under it for running more airlines and wiring

moving it with really big forklift and RV rolls really nicely down hill after a small push

O heres that 1/2inc of room if you want to see LOL this is the fan box hole in the roof in the bed room

so push it out first time every thing good install every thing i need when its out side

gone down to RV shop and got all the TPO roofing i needed to install it

aa what a day to be in FL no rain in sit 0% for the day so i am like sure well push it out and start to install the TPO roofing

get it pushed out side 4 hrs in to the install FL here comes the rain have 50% of the roofing installed seen it coming so well pull the RV back in and work on some thing else why we are inside

this is the time that i installed the new airlines on the air bag system with out knowing it at the tanks

next day

well try to get every thing on the roof today

plug the air line in and with my big air system in the shop takes no time to fill the system as i am not looking at it

no motor in the back of the RV so it gos even higher in the a

the 50% of the roof that is not done is the back

see it was hitting me head on the roof lighting that did it to be

any ways after the same push it needed to start moving i could tell some thing was wrong

wife was in the divers seat i am in the forklift i say brake brake .........her how ...... ME the parking brake pull it now..... her whats that... this thing is starting to move now ..... ME aaa

i sure had a good seat for the show

the a of the RV gets push down as it going out the door and i see 10 feet or more really in my eyes looked like 30 feet but you know how things look when there going wrong

rv gets pushed down in the back POPS out the door back jumps 3 feet no really 3 feet or more as the drive way gos down hill that made the back end go up befor any ways with out the motor the air bag where at the top

this thing comes out the door like my shop is having a baby my wife comes out the door i look up at the roof with alot of the roofing hanging off the back of the RV she walks away like

i had to walk away for a hr
came back made my way up the back of the RV to see
i did lose 10 feet of the TPO roofing but it was 10 feet i had to cut any ways so every thing was good

Old 04-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Glad there was not too much damage! Sounds like you need a higher shop roof!!
Luv2go is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #32

here you can see why i did not need the last 10 feet as the shape of my roofing would have not worked to good fiberglass was the only way to go i know every thing looks funny in the back but it well all come in time and pics as we get there

at this time my wife was all so starting new meds and i was more on my own
i was paying land rent for a company i longer had
timing was really starting to get to where i had 2 months to move in to a RV that had no bed room bath room motor / trans to move its self and running really low on funds

so i had to go with a system i have worked with all my life and any one can tell you
you can drop a GM 350/TH 400 and get it running and moving in hrs

so thats what i did in 4 days made the motor mounts and every thing

really wish then i could have installed the 8.1l/allison but did not have the cash then so i used what i had on hand

first test drive around town with out bumper

test drive worked out very nice and it did drive like a 1 ton truck just dont try any hill but hay its FL

even the cluster worked really good 40 feet away from the motor

so after i could drive it it was time for 110AC power

so i made the GEN bay in to the battery bay for the solar system i pulled from my home

AS a temp setup i install the inverter on the dash wall

Old 04-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #33

This is truly amazing! Thank you for taking the time to share this with everyone
Old 04-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #34

ok so yeah we got 24hr power and now can drive so time for the inside

a firend did step in for a few days to help me get it ready to move in to as at that time i had days in tell we where in it if it was ready or not

as you can see its starting to get very hard to tell it ever had a fire inside

bath room

60 inc full size shower with big glass doors ...WHY some would ask
i have to help my wife in and out of the shower and help her inside now

all so like i side befor my home was solar it was 100% off grid and lived that way for 2 going on 3 years so the dryer was Ngas so i found a kit to make it LP for my home so in the end it really worked out inside the RV

all so with this pics you can see the old roof line and the newer higher roof at the top of the last unit

so what is looks like now .... i still need to add wall paper and a door to the wall here but you can see how things are coming along

now heres whats going to get some

i did keep all counter tops and saved them they now look new old / new

yes this is still the same

Old 04-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchyb View Post
This is truly amazing! Thank you for taking the time to share this with everyone

thanks every one for saying that

but truth be told last time i tryed to share ppl where not so nice here befor a few years back
Old 04-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #36

so about this time we are not living in the RV and i am starting to fill in the inside if the roof with the highs R rating i can find

some places i have a R rating of 32 bed room is 14

bed room

bathroom

shower roof

head line going up and looking at some parts i had was thinking of adding this up there but i think i am going to make some thing more high end looking

this is now just to this year and there was a good time line on the inside work

its hard to see but if you look at the hall ways roof and front roofing there not the same high or with that was a fun one to pull off

this box is for one more roof fan that is made to have a cover for pulling air in a ducting system

the cutaway is for a TV to be on a motor to go up and down to cover the window when and not driving down the road

Old 04-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #37

after we moved in and i got the bathroom working i started to think how in the hll is any RV park going to ever late me in with a funny looking panted RV so i started on the out side

started to make the fiberglass parts for the bumper

as you can see i still need to move some of the paint lines on the side walls but its dont looking so bad now

so i made a plug to make a mold for the missing part for the bumper

made form wood then fiberglass

keep in mind this is the plug not some thing that well stay with the RV or part

as i am making this i am seeing what looks cool and what i like this is 100% hand made out of my head

this is now the plug ready for fiberglass to make the mold for the end part

this is the - that came off

sorry ofter this pic some pics where lost in a hard drive crash so it skips to having the part after this pic here

this is now the ruff part that needs to be sanded and work/ painted

Old 04-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #38

Great work! Amazing. I hope I get to see your MH in person some day!
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:02 PM   #39

i did for get to add alot of the inside pics and working on the RV we are no longer living in it

the sad part is with lupus with out a AC unit installed ppl with lupus can not get to hot or go out in the sun

so fro the last 1.5 years a firend has late us stay with him as we saved up the money to get the RV ready

we are have been living off a month to month income and its been a year saving to just get the new motor and trans and i am still 2 months from hearing it run more or less move

so if any one would like to know why so long on this thing its a funding time line thing

so now back to the RV

6 months ago i found a good deal on CL well its CL do i need to say more trust is a hard thing now days

any ways guy told me he had a 2006 LP 8.1l motor ready to run
truth is was a 2002 LP 8.1l that had been setting for a long time
looked new on the out side and after a 700 miles trip to go get it ..it happen to be night when i seen it

750$ + gas to go get it i dont think i got hurt to bad ... still need to hear it run so i better stop there LOL

got home with it and found it had water setting in the it like it got snowed on for a few months or setting on the ground in a shop top end on the inside had alot of rust valve lock up in one port

good thing i know the motor was 800 lbs and had to be moved in parts so i pulled the 8.1 down to see what i had and good thing as i said up there

did a full head job and seen the cam dos not look as good as i would like
3 new H lifters

2 months latter for the same junk yard i got the rv from they had a 2004.5 allison 5 speed MH for 150$

so with that i order a 2004 1 MG ECM / TCM and all the plugs and wiring i needed to make it work

this is now the install and making of motor mounts / systems for the 8.1l over the last few months

this is the setup i am going for the 7500 with the tu-flo 550 for the air brakes

this is the mount for the 8.1l to allison

so when i got it home this is what i found in the top end

not alot of water but i could tell it was not in the shape he said it was in

good thing i did all my own motor work with the floats

i know its LOL had to make a ramp to even get it out my door

used the truck to move it to the back side of the RV

after i got it in there cleaned every thing and starting to install heads

motor mounts did work left over from the 350 bolted right in to place

i did not have to edit the exhaust much that was left over too

here is the trans

now mounts the trans to the frame more fun there

Old 04-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Great work! Amazing. I hope I get to see your MH in person some day!

same ppl have

i really want to take it to a RV show one day soon
Old 04-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
thanks every one for saying that

but truth be told last time i tryed to share ppl where not so nice here before a few years back
You should have contacted one of those REALITY cable shows!!!!! This would have been a perfect "12 Part Series!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 04-06-2014, 01:06 AM   #42

My take is that your pretty good with tools...