Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #71

WOW I don't even know what to say, besides that you [ moderator edit ]crazy. But hats off to you because you are the man.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #72

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OMG, on so many levels.

CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
you are 100% right and this is the system i was copying The 8.1 engine was used in the Workhorse Chassis UFO, rear mounted. i really wish one day i could get one of the ufo i all so love that if any thing brakes like need a new motor there all over ebay for 1000$ or so ship to your door i do plan on going to some large RV show and telling every one when i well be there and parking in a spot where it can be seen
You are quite the talented man!

I have a feeling that no one will ever find you at Camping World get your motorhome worked on! ..

Randy W
Old 04-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillbeit View Post
You are quite the talented man!

I have a feeling that no one will ever find you at Camping World get your motorhome worked on! ..

Randy W
yeah really on one side its sad as one day i well want to do this all over again with a new RV

every thing is so custom and hand made CW would not know where to start

even on the inside i am 3D printing parts off a ABS 3D printer we have here at my friends place
Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #75

Terry, Michelle... what an incredible two-some of vision, talent, perserverance... simpy awesome by any measure. You may have found you niche... a career in motorhome restorations and customizing. This sort of talent is very very rare, and you, my friend, are amazing.

I am sending you a pm that I hope you will find useful re to living with Lupus. Take care, you two.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
Terry, Michelle... what an incredible two-some of vision, talent, perserverance... simpy awesome by any measure. You may have found you niche... a career in motorhome restorations and customizing. This sort of talent is very very rare, and you, my friend, are amazing.

I am sending you a pm that I hope you will find useful re to living with Lupus. Take care, you two.

humm i do have alot of pics and a few more RVs i did befor this one for ppl

water damage on TT 2005 29feet
i did a roll over TT 2005 25f post 3 has a pic of this on the back of my RV
and a old class A a tree cut in half 30f
and some inside work on a 5fer older
all so gave free work for 5 to 6 month to a RV shop just befor i started on my class A 2005 fire

would you guys like to see pics of that as well

all so i am going to take new video tomorrow of my RV and every thing inside and whats going on hope the editing and rez looks good so look for that tomorrow latter at night if every thing gos good

i am all so very happy i have over 4000 Views in just a few days
Old 04-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #77

Yeah post em up, I love these diy threads
Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #78
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Post them. We are really enjoying this thread.

Seriously, not sure what your plans are but you should consider doing this for $$. I would think you could get hooked up with some of the large RV dealers in your state and develop a stream of referrals.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Post them. We are really enjoying this thread.

Seriously, not sure what your plans are but you should consider doing this for $$. I would think you could get hooked up with some of the large RV dealers in your state and develop a stream of referrals.

thank you

but my plans are to help michelle as she needs some one full time and cant get out of bed on them really bad days

so i am trying really hard that if all she can do is look out the window on them days then i would like that window to keep moving
Old 04-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #80

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
thank you

but my plans are to help michelle as she needs some one full time and cant get out of bed on them really bad days

so i am trying really hard that if all she can do is look out the window on them days then i would like that window to keep moving
She is a very lucky woman!
NY Camper 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #81

new video just taken today april 9 on my friends gopro and is in HD

to see it in a lager window you may want to go to youtube its self

i did not get every thing in i wanted to but it shows some of the things going on and what i want to do

i need to find the hand drawings i made of things i still need to make

video 6

Old 04-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #82

It's just unbelievable what you are doing! Now the question is, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a Rv ready to go? And when I ask this please don't take insulting or that I'm being rude. I'm just curious what your thoughts are. And once again hats off to you for having the balls for taking on such a big project.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninos View Post
It's just unbelievable what you are doing! Now the question is, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a Rv ready to go? And when I ask this please don't take insulting or that I'm being rude. I'm just curious what your thoughts are. And once again hats off to you for having the balls for taking on such a big project.

humm????? i never know photobucket had a bandwidth thing

guess all most 5000 views pulled 10gs off there website fast

i guess any one else know where i can post pics for free

my acc, on here is all so full and i cant pay any fees at the min as every 1$ i have gos in to trying to get the RV going

i am cool saying why and cost on the RV

when starting on the RV i never know in 4 months it was going to be this OMG we have to move in now

it gave me some thing to do and have fun when i had time off

at that time i did not know the economy was going to cash as bad as it did / or my wife was going to get more sick

so really the RV became a lifeboat

so at the time a 2005 of the same brand and type was going for around $120,000 to $180,000 now this day its just $60 to $80,000

with that said when the economy stated crashing the cost of parts came way down so that add-on you see on the roof was 600$ in still wood and TPO

the highest costing thing on the hole RV was the all most new tires and rims you see at 2500$ for the hole set and 1100 for the new frig

so the stuff i did traded for the RV to me had a value of 3000$
to them had a more value as it was just a hand full of motors/trans and gen sets left over from the company

the economy was so low that the scrap steel prices where they where at that i would have all most been giving it away and really thats what i did for alot of it

so i would scrap out a truck/float take the cash i got from it and pay bills left over from the company and by parts for the RV so in some ways every thing was some type of trad off

so
RV trad did not cos and free
tires and rims still a trad from the same place 2500$ still really free
motor trans from for some thing setting around free

the only time i did spend money was on hardware that i did not have setting there

from the floats i had a big stock of bolts / any thing really i could have ever needed and i cryed when i had to just trash most of it or gave it away

things i did get or need
fiberglass / wood / cluster for the dash head liner shower pan / bath room items auto paints still box tubing for the roof / insulation /

really befor the last day when i had to pull out and move away i in cash had less then 5000$ in the RV but yes it was just a moving box

to this day now with the 8.1l used motor and trans and small things i have did here and there i am some where around $12,000

even after i get every thing done on the RV i dont think i well ever go over $20,000

and really if you wanted to add a cash value on the things i did trad as if i just cash it in as scrap then i would still be under 10,000 on the day i pulled out

i did have a good finger on the numbers at one time but now this last year i have not so it is alot of guessing

but when you think of it ...can you find even today a 2005/06 class A 37 feet DP for in the 20,000$ rang

but on the up side like some one side it save so much money in the long from for not going to CW as i know every wire bolt system to a T

on the why is it not ready to go now

i really only need around 3000$ left and that is guessing high for the RV to be ready for trips but the sad part is my budget is only 300$ each month for parts as the income is month to month / $300 in to $3000 = 10 more months

but i am happy i really hope soon i can hear the motor run as that system only need still

inline fuel pump 150$
starter 75$ on ebay no core
TAC 12588924 160$
gas pedal for the TAC 100$ and i can start run testing

it cant drive intell
drive shaft edit 300$
hand full of small things and bugs i am sure

as long as it can move again under its own power and every thing looks good there then its back to working on the inside

O and i still need a drives side windshield 2 years ago i found one new for 600$ and i would install it my self but not sure if i can get that deal again

any one know of a good place for ordering just the glass and trim parts
i can give the part numbers off the glass its self

and again if some one knows where i can host pics again

if i cant then i well just start to make every thing as videos
i know its not fun looking at a video of pics
Old 04-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #84

Fleetwood Owners Club
Paying as you go is wise. Sometimes it takes awhile but the gratification of being free and clear is worth it. Good progress.

wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote