Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #99

i am sorry but i guess there is some thing i need to talk about

i really want to know how ppl feel about this as i dont want any one to look down on me

so as alot of you guys see i get a lot of support on here a lot of good words and you guys have no idle how good that makes me feel

and this is very hard for me to talk about as i have social anxiety disorder
so i am a very very shy guy

with that said i have gotten a small hand full of emails with ppl asking how can they help or to post what i need on here and with my shy side i have said i cant and that ppl dont want to see some thing like that on here

2 emails i have gotten said that there at the end of there dream and would love to help make some ones else dream come true and that in its self made me cry

there is so much love out there and i try so hard to stay away from the bad things that i cant ever see or run in to it in tell here

so to every one that had showed us some much in feelings i really want to thank so much

but as i said to some one in a email that i gave my word that i would at lest ask ppl there feelings here and talk about it

i have seen so many ppl ask for funds befor and give some sad story to get help and that is not how i want to be or look to any one

so truth should i stop being a baby and let ppl in and help or do you think that would hurt my story and make ppl look away or look down on me

what dos every one thing good and bad

so back to the RV

i work with what pins / parts i had found out the right pins i did need and order them so they should be in in a few weeks

so i am adding some service plugs in as if one days i need to pull the trans or motor and its just unplug

today was the wring for the trans so i installed a plug on the frame and like doing spark plugs on a car i am doing one wire at a time to stop any err

installed the plug where i wanted it on the frame

cut the wire where you want it and push on the aaa rubber water proofing thing what ever its really called

there is a tool that helps fro install / crimp the pin

sorry i did take lots of pics but alot of them did / would not come out

thats how it would look if it was in the plug

after about a hr i ran out of pins but you can see where my wire was to long where i could cut it down and every thing is starting to look better

here is the one i installed for the motor on top of the frame all so ran out of pins

i am sure some well ask why do i keep running out

there .20 to .45c each and so when you order 40 at a time of each type

EFI Connection, LLC - Terminal Details

like today
40 M 280s
40 F 150s
40 M 150s

it all came out to around 30$

kills me that i have order a good hand full of the wrong type befor
try doing that at high number at .75c each opps i did
still got used latter so it all worked out

well all the pics look the same on the website LOL

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #100

Very nice build! What wood do you use for the walls and the ceiling?

Where do you get your fiberglass supplies?

Old 04-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDMA View Post
Very nice build! What wood do you use for the walls and the ceiling?

Where do you get your fiberglass supplies?

you can find at your older mom and pap RV shops left over stock wall panels with the RV wallpaper still on them ready for install

you can see that some of the new walls in the RV had wallpaper... then down the road i uninstalled the glued on wallpaper as it was starting to come along

the wood panels are very thin and are hard to find and are made some times like you see 4x8 or 4x9 giving if your going walls or under side of the roof and run from 40$ to 10$ a panel giving where you find it

on my fiberglass supplies i had a fiberglass supplier when i made the floats and could get 55g drums but now days
you can find a roll of 3oz 6oz 12oz on ebay and get your glass in 1g cans at hard where stores

tip to keep in mind when getting it from a hard where stores its in its 1 year life span and your not getting a really old can
Old 04-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #102

Monaco Owners Club
Thumbs up Absolutely Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
you are 100% right and this is the system i was copying

The 8.1 engine was used in the Workhorse Chassis UFO, rear mounted.
i really wish one day i could get one of the ufo

i all so love that if any thing brakes like need a new motor there all over ebay for 1000$ or so ship to your door

i do plan on going to some large RV show and telling every one when i well be there and parking in a spot where it can be seen
Terry and Michelle, you are an inspiring couple. I have read this thread and agree with everyone this is an amazing story and I thank you for sharing. If you do go to an RV show I know I will try to be there and see this incredible coach. Terry, I would suggest you take a picture of you and Michelle in front of your coach and sell autographed copies. You need to get some payback for entertaining all of us. Thank You.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #103

fridge mod / fire wall

thanks Bludiver

this post i well go back some on a few things i posted on others post and was asked about

so this well be

fridge mod / fire wall
washer / dryer
and what i said i could have saved the old roof
motor size

ok first get this out of the way
I AM NOT A KNOW IT ALL AND I DONT KNOW IF THIS MOD WOULD BE RIGHT FOR YOU OR SAFE

ok so when trying to find ways to make the life of the fridge last longer / bring the run time down for /more LP/all so on a solar system for 110 AC power less used and all so add a fire wall to add time if there ever was a fire in the box the fridge was installed in.. so i edited a few things

this all started when i seen a 1x4 piece of wood installed low in the box to help keep the hot air from going back down and help in moving air
i have worked on a hand full of RVs at the time and some had this some and some dont and some where not in the same spot like the guy doing the install work was like .. well just put it here

i seen this was installed low and so it got me to looking on the net
after some time i seen alot of post and info on mods and edits to make things run better and stop the cooling fins from eating alot of its own hot air when cooling

so i added a funny looking piece of still in a shape to help the air move but not go back down and so after 2 years this has worked out very well and cuts down on run time and keeps things cooler

fire wall ... some of you have seen on the under side of your bed in a DP still glued to the under side .. the side facing down to the motor in the motor bay

i did the same thing and added thin still sheets so if there ever was a fire it would add 5 to 10 mins or more befor it would come though the wall in to the inside of the RV

adding this time may even stop a fire form moving in the box if the fuel used to keep the fire going runs out .. its really the same thing you see on the recalls they did on some on units just add a still box to keep the fuel away / lows down where it gos

all so in some key spots the wood that is used in the walls are 1/2 to 3/4 thick to all so add more time befor the fire can ever move out side of the box

adding all this i know may not save the RV but it sure makes me sleep more at night knowing it give me more time to get out and maybe try to save what i got

yeah sorry pics is missing a /d/ spelling gets me again

with this add on you can feel the cooler air being pulled in as the hot air moving up has to now pull the cooler are in

this was a test fit of the fridge and it moved away from still some more
pics are with the side wall missing so you can see inside

this is over the fridge where the hot air would go out of the roof

this is the old unit and you can see where the wood was installed

the hole box is cooler as it all ways has to pull cooler air in
for the hot air going out . it dos not / or can not just set in the box
my moms TT was setup like this the older way and with a hand temp type tester in FL could see that it really did help

i do forget the numbers and so one day some one may have to help me test again why i am setting next to them

so you can see the thinking on my part and seen a few more ppl do this as well

ok well do this one fast ... how did i even get a full size washer and drying inside the RV when there to big for any door or window

well i had to do some work on the smaller bed room slide and clean it oil parts and pull carpet up on the floor .. so in 30min and a hand full of screws and it was out

LOL is this one of them pics i can put up for seal you where talking of pic below

ok now to the roof

here is the old roof ...only 5 feet or so was really bad to and to show this was more a gen fire then inside .. if you look at the AC unit roof hole

this was the inside of that AC unit form the hole

both units where clean tested and saved and are in working order

one units the one in the pic did need some wiring to get it working again
the bed room unit was in working order right off

this is the highest number for the newer year unit
Cummins 300hp Diesel Engine
300 hp @ 1600 rpm
610 lb/ft @ 2600 rpm
i know the one i that was in my RV was lower and all so after adding fans and ACC to the motor this drop more

this is the lowest numbers i can find as the unit i have is a higher 440 HP unit i think? it was a older LP edited type units with updates to it
GM – Vortec 8100 V8 gas
340hp @ 4200 rpm
455 lb/ft @ 3200 rpm

Old 04-30-2014, 02:43 PM   #104

all most lost the RV last night to the wind it was tiped on 2 wheels 1 time in the night but never made it all the way over

some wind damage around where i live

flooding was bad here as well

Old 04-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #105

that was a rough night we just that power back a hr ago finally
Old 05-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #106

today is parts day

still have one more item coming in the mail a TAC computer

i was hoping i could hear it run this month but still being held back on a few parts

but here is the fuel fitter fuel pump stater and the gas pedal i pick

all so i did get a lot more of the wring done and is starting to look alot better going up the back of the motor

only thing holding me back now is
100$ in wiring / parts
oil for trans and motor do i even say now days on the price of allison oil
high psi fuel line and fittings / and a few cooler line parts
drive shaft edit 300$
temp and LH knock censer 100$...? not sure if i spelled that right
a small OBD2 computer for my dash to work 100$

after that and getting any bugs worked out may can do a test drive
this is saying if the motor or trans are any good as i never got to see them in working order befor i got them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140509_135509.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	62442   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140509_135558.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	62443  

Name:	IMG_20140509_135636.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	345.6 KB
ID:	62444   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140509_135736.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	62445  

Name:	IMG_20140509_135801.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	526.1 KB
ID:	62446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140509_135820.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	512.9 KB
ID:	62447  

Old 05-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #107

Awesome work. I am not surprised you caught some flack a while back. There are lots of people in this world that don't understand that just because they cannot do something, it doesn't mean that others cannot. There are people that would froth at the mouth and tell you that you just cannot power a 38' DP with a small block 350. You did it and got 7-8MPG

Sometimes, a thread can gain momentum and gets stuck either positive or negative. Luckily, this one had enough positive support that I doubt any of the negative posters will touch it.

A while back, you posted about whether it would be right to either ask for or maybe accept peoples' help or maybe how it would be received? If anybody reads this whole thread, they will understand. You are not a taker or a manipulator. If I were a man of greater means right now, I would pick up a part for you or something myself.

Do you still live near Plant City? I would love to hire you to help me with the frame sag problem I have on the back of my old coach when we have the funds.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwell View Post
Awesome work. I am not surprised you caught some flack a while back. There are lots of people in this world that don't understand that just because they cannot do something, it doesn't mean that others cannot. There are people that would froth at the mouth and tell you that you just cannot power a 38' DP with a small block 350. You did it and got 7-8MPG

Sometimes, a thread can gain momentum and gets stuck either positive or negative. Luckily, this one had enough positive support that I doubt any of the negative posters will touch it.

A while back, you posted about whether it would be right to either ask for or maybe accept peoples' help or maybe how it would be received? If anybody reads this whole thread, they will understand. You are not a taker or a manipulator. If I were a man of greater means right now, I would pick up a part for you or something myself.

Do you still live near Plant City? I would love to hire you to help me with the frame sag problem I have on the back of my old coach when we have the funds.
i still have family in lakeland so i still go down there form time to time
yes i can help you as most of my tools are still with me or down there and i have fixed a hand full of frame sag problems befor as long as your sag is not in the floor or side walls and is really the frame

as for the flack i get it mostly over spelling
but yeah you are right i had alot of ppl say that 350/th400 would not work that it would not move at all and in a post along time ago i added a video doing 65 to 70 mpr and so it stoped alot of it

big thing is ppl could not under stand it was not some thing i wanted to do but what i had to do as some things started to go bad in my life and i did what i had to to save the RV and truth be told it worked out nicely as i could drive any where in FL and this system stayed in place for more then 2 years in tell i could get all the parts i needed for the update

i think any one out there ..if one day you had to paint your RV pink to keep it or give it up ..then there would be alot of pink RVs

but really the big thing is its for michelle i really want to get this thing back up and running so we can take it out on the road soon and i want to take it to where ppl can see it look at it and see what one small guy can do
Old 05-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
i still have family in lakeland so i still go down there form time to time
yes i can help you as most of my tools are still with me or down there and i have fixed a hand full of frame sag problems befor as long as your sag is not in the floor or side walls and is really the frame

as for the flack i get it mostly over spelling
but yeah you are right i had alot of ppl say that 350/th400 would not work that it would not move at all and in a post along time ago i added a video doing 65 to 70 mpr and so it stoped alot of it

big thing is ppl could not under stand it was not some thing i wanted to do but what i had to do as some things started to go bad in my life and i did what i had to to save the RV and truth be told it worked out nicely as i could drive any where in FL and this system stayed in place for more then 2 years in tell i could get all the parts i needed for the update

i think any one out there ..if one day you had to paint your RV pink to keep it or give it up ..then there would be alot of pink RVs

but really the big thing is its for michelle i really want to get this thing back up and running so we can take it out on the road soon and i want to take it to where ppl can see it look at it and see what one small guy can do
Well, you never know... When you get it to 100%, they outa pay you to travel to the major RV shows as an attraction. People will definitely keep you talking all day long.

It can be a little difficult to read your posts but I can always figure out what you are saying. Some of my text messages turn out far worse after auto-correct gets ahold of them.

I'm going to PM you about the tail sag.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwell View Post
Well, you never know... When you get it to 100%, they outa pay you to travel to the major RV shows as an attraction. People will definitely keep you talking all day long.
Now there is a great idea! I'd sure go out of my way to see/hear Terry735001 talk about this adventure! What a job! What an adventure! What a show! and you are sure not " one small guy ..." in my book!
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #111

wow unbelievable...
Old 05-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #112

Winnebago Owners Club
Hear him speak?!? I'd just like to shake his hand in admiration for taking on such a project ... and for not becoming distraught halfway through! Wow!

Terry: Have you been curious about showing your project to the previous owner? Wouldn't it be great to let them see how you are bringing that motorhome "back to life?" \ken

Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote