Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #113
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Amazing, simply amazing! You sure have some talent. Hats off to you for even thinking of attempting this project.
same here!!

Good Sam Life Members
Served in U.S.A.F.
macantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #114
Originally Posted by ohhwell View Post
A while back, you posted about whether it would be right to either ask for or maybe accept peoples' help or maybe how it would be received? If anybody reads this whole thread, they will understand. You are not a taker or a manipulator. If I were a man of greater means right now, I would pick up a part for you or something myself.

i am starting to get to where i am ok with it as the time line is still showing a year out befor its ready

the hardest thing for me is on the .. if alot of ppl help.. and then its time to turn the key and nothing .. but that is why i am doing it one wire at a time so i dont pin some thing wrong

but i am looking for

driver side windshield used or new so if there is a junk yard around you with a cap like this could you send me a pic and a price
lowest i got was 600$ for new but not sure if i can get that again as it was years ago when i asked ?donkine? i think there called ... its one of the big RV glass places

a hard to find some times 110 ac 18000 btu roof top AC unit .. i well need this befor michelle can stay in it again

the rest is more hardwired store type stuff for carpet / wood / wiring so thats more money then any thing

and really i think it would be more fun to show pics and video of how its made on cabinets and wood flooring and repainting the out side of the RV
and my friend all so has a small 3D printer here so i can start making the dash / may other parts i need

soon i want to make a video of how to read wiring dys..and make wiring that looks like the pros and how to make a kit like i did from the ground up to do your own work

all so a good video on how to make your own fiberglass parts from small dash panels that i see ppl asking for all the time to full size bay doors
when it is time for this video i well ask ANY one that has big or small part they need made and to send me the .. no matter how trashed it is part.. and i well remake it for your for only the cost of the fiberglass

michelle wants to make a few videos RVing with lupus that could help some one else change there life

and a few videos planed on rving in lower cost state parks with her acc pass for ppl on ssi / or the big D word as that is all we have to live off of so well show how to make it work on a 1000$ a month

... or how we had to make it work ...LOL
so i guess i should be open why a year
well old bills from trying to save the company from 2008
doctor bills
food for 2

after its all side and done i have around 300 or so a month for parts
so when guessing 3000$ away from really seeing some thing and thats why i say all most a year

terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #115
well it run this month

well i still have to order some parts in the mail .... maybe i should not say this as we know how it works.. but here we go any ways

i should hear it run some time at the end of this month if every thing gos well

i made hrs and hrs of video over 2 days with my friends Gopro just to find out one of the mic,s stop working in it .. so you cant hear me at all talking

so now i have to order the out side usd plug to mic cable befor i can make the .. how to make / edit you wiring videos i wanted

ok back to the RV

fuel system is going in .. i dont like what they gave me for fuel line ... but they said it is ok to use with fuel

trans cooler line are in and it was fun to find a way to run them to keep them away from any thing hot

starter is in and rolls the motor over and every thing sounds good there

i well setup the gopro to get video of its first start

RV still cant move with out the drive shaft so its not going any where tell next month or longer but at lest i can hear it run and see if the motor sounds ok

PS yes more mounting for the cooler lines are coming ran out of parts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140607_111306.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	64803   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140607_111324.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	64804  

Name:	IMG_20140607_111334.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	64805   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140607_113142.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	64806  

Name:	IMG_20140607_113155.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	64807   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140607_113204.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	64808  

Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 AM   #116

Newmar Owners Club
Very cool to follow!
2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3742
TexasTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #117
i have had a few guys ask me to make videos of me making the wiring for the RV so i did one better and i am now making DYI how to videos so i may be posting over there for a few weeks

Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #118
Newmar Owners Club
Terry, what an incredible project! Can't wait to see it on the road!
2012 Dutch Star 4020
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original)
MoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #119
I agree. Great job. I know that I'm very mechanical, but I would never dream of tackling a job like this. But I sure like reading about it.
1997 Thor Residency 3650 - 460, F53, Tag Axle and 2 slides, Banks Power Pack & Transcommander!!
Thor3650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #120

Sent from my iPad2 using iRV2 - RV Forum
1998 Thor Windsport 33SL
2007 Chevy Uplander toad (tow master dolly)
1985 Yamaha Virago XV700
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #121
Wow! Great!
2017 Forest River Sunseeker MBS 2400w
2000 Monaco La Palma, F53 V10
2011 Ford Escape
Nuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #122
sorry i have not been posting in the last few days

michelle was in the ER again .. every thing is good and shes back out now

first thing i would like to say IS a very BIG Thank you to Karl & Michelle of cos80922

They where very nice to help me get some more parts this month and i cant think them as much as i want too

so really thank you very much in under standing and your help

update on the RV

.....Well we hear it run this month ....
95% of all the wiring is in for the motor
what been holding me back is the 12v system is still on and running .. with the solar system to keep the battery's up

i have to uninstall / reinstall some fuse blocks and start giving the ECM and TCM some power .. and start testing

fuel pump is still not installed .... i have to go pick up some parts

so well see if every thing falls in to place

i did make alot of videos but the gopro has not been doing a good job or i just forget what i am doing and off to work i go so i am not in the video or the mic is just to low or some thing

i did make a new video for the ....how to make wiring post ..

but fuzzy video and me just getting in to the work stopped me from going step by step on it

so if you would like to see me making wiring out of the blue for 12 mins then thats the video here

or you well be like me and boosting the mic in your video editing software x2
Old 06-19-2014, 03:35 AM   #123
Incredible story. My hat is off to you both.
Velda & Mel both Navy Retired
2005 Leisure Travel Van Free Spirit Sprinter
'76 GMC 4905A/1350 converted around 2000
RVSolomons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:16 AM   #124

Glad to see that you are getting help. Give Michelle our best and keep up the good work. We can't wait to see the final rig!
Daveputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #125

Next time you guys step outside and it's perfectly quiet, what you can't hear is the Standing Ovation from the whole RV'ing community!
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:07 PM   #126
Winnebago Owners Club
It was a pleasure and very interesting to see the progress through the pictures and text. Awesome result for a daunting task.

Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is online now   Reply With Quote