Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2018, 07:30 AM   #1

RV FlexArmor Roof

Good morning, I wanted to know if anyone has done their roof with this FlexArmor? I am currently in a pickle, noticed a soft spot on the roof... There is no leak, nor wet (we just had a bad rain storm) but I would like to get it repaired. I was quoted about 6500 in the New England area. Just wanted to see if anyone has done it and is it worth it...
Lex0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Have seen it applied on a friends Class C at a RV park.
The big thing is if your roof has a problem underneath as you said it is spongy this doesn't fix that just puts a coating over it that will be stronger.
Spongy roof mean dry rot from moisture.. This need to be fixed first.

I have seen them do it in place and not remove anything from the roof.
To do it right you need to have the large items removed like AC units.
Then they clean and prep the surface and tape around the sides and overhangs.

If done outside you need to ask about over spray onto the rest of your rig.
If done correctly it is a thick layer of protection as they say it is the thickness of 3 quarters stacked.

Now will they do it that thick? I have no idea.
Good luck
Is $6,500 worth it or over priced?

Sorry I couldn't tell you more. You still have to make the final decision yourself.
IggyTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:46 AM   #3

I know of two types of roof "armor". One (RV-ARMOR) will come to your place and paint it on without removing the top side components. The other branded companies (RV ROOF.com, INC) are fixed base and you take your rig to them. They repair bad spots and remove every thing possible from your roof, then apply a spray on coating they call FlexArmor. Then replace all the components. Neither are cheap! I chose Flex Armor and am happy with the results. My over all 36' 5er with about 32' of roof ran about $6,400.00. But looks good, last a long time. Hope this helps.
Catfish
j2catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2catfish View Post
I know of two types of roof "armor". One (RV-ARMOR) will come to your place and paint it on without removing the top side components. The other branded companies (RV ROOF.com, INC) are fixed base and you take your rig to them. They repair bad spots and remove every thing possible from your roof, then apply a spray on coating they call FlexArmor. Then replace all the components. Neither are cheap! I chose Flex Armor and am happy with the results. My over all 36' 5er with about 32' of roof ran about $6,400.00. But looks good, last a long time. Hope this helps.
Catfish
I was quoted about $6200 and was told that they would remove and replace the area for me at no charge, but if its larger, obviously the price would be adjusted. I would have to take the drive to NE and it would take about a week if it rains.

Side question: the dry rot is on the drivers side (probably 2x2) and it seems to have trickled down the side wall and into the main cabin. When I was replacing the floor, I had a area with black mold. I sprayed it down, scrub it down, sprayed again and dried it out. the wood though is rock solid. I want to do the roof as I mentioned but the wood on the drivers seems to have rotted out also along the wheel well. Would replacing that wood be pricey as well and is it safe to move?
Lex0924 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof