Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #29

Started my jeep just shut it off let it idle and get up to operating temp and maintain for a cpl mins then **** it down. My coolant is good for -34. So hoping that buy runningbit and letting fresh warm coolant coat everything, itll take longer to reach freezing point. My jeep has the inline six 4.0. 230,000 miles i love these engines this is my second jeep with this engine. They are workhorses.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
Sure seems like a lot of high brow scolding based on assumptions!
Yep, don't you love forums :-)

TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #31

Inside rv is 56. Funny how fairbanks alaska its +10!!!! Lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140106_082358.png
Views:	99
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	53298

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140106_082344.png
Views:	102
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	53297
Old 01-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #32

Wow! That's hard core travelernewb - Nice rig for $800.00

I'd be firing the jeep up more often. That's a small engine (mass wise) its gonna shed heat pretty quickly. Good luck, sounds like your addressing the cold head on. Better snuggle up good tonight
Old 01-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #33

Drove jeep this morning to work, back home. Running good. LiL trooper she is. Started rv. Let idle with heat blasting got up too 90 in rv. Shut her down let the heaters maintain. Currently 77 in mh.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #34

Whole idea of an rv for me was something to do over winter. Then spring time take some boondocking trips. By that i mean B.F.E. places and enjoy nature. My gf has warmed up to the idea but wants a nicer newer one "rolls eyes". I spent many years detailing million dollar yachts for a local marina. I know the boating community and most are laid back folks with the occasional i have more money then you people. Those folks are everywhere though. My question is, are a lot of rv'ers laid back? Im a big bull shitt'r, drink coffee, couple glasses of whiskey at night occasionally. Are others as open and outgoing? Are there parts of the country that are more outgoing or atleast seems that way?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
I admire your attitude. I am not very out going but I do get around an enjoy talking to people. I have been RVing for fifteen years now and I have not noticed any particular part of the country to be different. The older long term RV people who spend months at one spot tend to stick to their own group were the hardest for me to communicate with. You can not prejudge ahead of time however for about the time you decide this park is not for me it turns out to be excellent. I believe it is a potluck type of thing since you are dealing with people. We have going to a little park in N MI for a long time and have gotten a nice group of friends as result
Old 01-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelernewb View Post
Whole idea of an rv for me was something to do over winter. Then spring time take some boondocking trips. By that i mean B.F.E. places and enjoy nature. My gf has warmed up to the idea but wants a nicer newer one "rolls eyes". I spent many years detailing million dollar yachts for a local marina. I know the boating community and most are laid back folks with the occasional i have more money then you people. Those folks are everywhere though. My question is, are a lot of rv'ers laid back? Im a big bull shitt'r, drink coffee, couple glasses of whiskey at night occasionally. Are others as open and outgoing? Are there parts of the country that are more outgoing or atleast seems that way?
My kind of dude
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #37

The gf is quite shy and constantly asks me how i can just start up a conversation with strangers. To me its not hard to her its literally frightening. I have got her to lean a little more towards outgoing. Shes trying. Took her 2 years to get used to me calling other women hun. Its funny because nowadays if you call a woman that she feels flattered, like youre hitting on her. I simply say it as a comfort for the other person, letting them know im a harmless bs'r. Lifes to short to hate. Or have anger built up. Stress will kill ya. Sit back after working hard, have a drink maybe 3. Smoke a joint "if youre in to medical cannabis" talk, mingle, throw a wave dont take life to serious, nobody gets out alive. Been a mechanic for the last 3 years. Pay sucks, no benefits and i deal with the public. But i like to fix things.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelernewb View Post
My MH is in my garage. My garage is 20 foot wide by 40 foot long. Not very insulated and high ceilings. Now, i have two heaters out in the rv. Because heating the garage would be a battle. Currently at -10 it will stay at 58 in the mh. Next cpl days their talking -45. Sooo i was thinking idling it for half hour let the vent heat from dash warm up rv. Have you guys ever idled your gassers for long periods of time? Any proven problems caused by this? Exhaust is hooked up to tubes and vented out.
I would like to address your Question which has nothing to do about weatherization. J M O here;
My MH sits in the driveway yes its winterized but he is asking about idling. I have been doing odds and ends out there since Nov. I start the furnace and then a space heater then fire up the 454 and let her run for 45 -60 minutes. Gets up to 70-75 in no time with dash heat, shut down the 454 and use furnace and space heater to maintain. When I am ready to go in I shut everything off. She has started everyday I have gone out there which has almost been daily, I didn't go out Monday or Tuesday because it was -30 to-35. I did go out yesterday (only -5) and did the same thing I had to use all 3 Batteries to start her but she started and helped to warm up the MH to 70-75 degrees. I have also started up the Gennie maybe 4 times in this time period and put on a load while running. Before they laid downed the salt a inch thick I took her out to refill the gas tanks and added Stabil again.
If she is staying around 58 degrees I don't think you will have any problems.
Speaking of frozen water they had on the news the other night a gal went off a overpass 50 feet down and landed on a frozen pond and the ice didn't break. The Ford Ranger was totaled and she was okay but bruised up a bit so they said.
The days are getting longer and it won't be long,
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote