Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
I've had Nationwide for years for home and auto. When I got my motorhome,
they were competitively priced and I stayed with them. I've had two claims,
one from hitting a deer ($6,000) and one for rock into the windshield($2,200).
Both claims were handled perfectly ! No hassles, outstanding responsiveness,
great repair network ! I don't think you can do better.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
We have National Interstate through RV America RV America Insurance | Motorhome Rates & Quotes Online, with an annual premium of $730. We're in our 2nd year and had no increase in premiums from the first year.

We have replacement coverage for our initial purchase price, glass coverage, coverage for our car trailer with a $250 deductible.

In my recent searches, National Interstate is still the best coverage and value for the motorhome.
We have found the same -- best pricing for the various coverages we picked and the most competitive rates for the coverage choices made. We have Triumphe Casualty, National Interstate's carrier which underwrites its higher premium policies (we have high limits on most of the coverages). We shopped this extensively and found National Interstate / Triumphe to be the best value, hands down.

We had an interesting thing happen. When our trade was sold in December after we ordered our new coach (to be built), we canceled the existing Triumphe policy as the coach was sold and there was no longer an "insurable interest" to keep the coverage active on. Then when we called to set up the new policy on our new coach which will be delivered at Newmar on February 11, 2013, they issued the new policy without the lower, "disappearing deductibles" on the comp and collision which we had earned with claim free experience during the period of our ownership of the traded coach. When I asked the agent, she said that since we canceled the old policy and then had a "new" policy written, the normal rule was that the clock started all over again on the disappearing deductibles -- but she told us that she would talk to the underwriters and ask if they would retain the disappearing deductibles we had earned.

And they did.

This is the kind of service I like from a good carrier. We are very pleased with National Interstate / Triumphe Casualty.

Deek

FMCA #363986 / 'Living the Dream' ... What an Incredible Hoot!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit AWD / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
We have National Interstate through RV America RV America Insurance | Motorhome Rates & Quotes Online, with an annual premium of $730. We're in our 2nd year and had no increase in premiums from the first year.

With all our upcoming insurance changes, it looks like we'll be keeping National Interstate for our motorhome
Me too. I had a claim last year, and they were fantastic. Based on my experience with them, I will recommend National Interstate to any RV owner without hesitation. My premiums went DOWN the second year, AND they gave me $250/yr credit towards my deductible for every year without a claim.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Good Sam and our insurance--Farm Bureau-only insures 1997 and newer. I could be wrong, does anyone know. We have liability of course, but was wanting collision. Any advice would be appreciated---Vince
In Florida Farm Bureau will not insure MH's and forget about Full Time Insurance in states that they will.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #19

Excel Owners Club
I carry full-timers, rv truck and car all on GMAC policy. They were significantly less than any of the previously mentioned insurers. I checked about 10 carriers a couple of months back.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vscoggin View Post
What if you have an older MH(mine is a 1996)-I think Good Sam and our insurance--Farm Bureau-only insures 1997 and newer. I could be wrong, does anyone know. We have liability of course, but was wanting collision. Any advice would be appreciated---Vince
Vince, I have a 1994 MH and received a quote for full coverage from Good Sam (GMAC) this month. It was higher than my current insurance policy with Progressive through USAA so I'm sticking with them for now.

Mike
Old 01-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I started another thread because gmac went up $150 per year on my renewal....
Old 01-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
As Aussies we get no discounts on any insurance.
Won't accept good no claim history, credit history - even thou we paid cash for the coach and toad
I settled on National Interstate again, got no no claim discount, increased agreed value to $160k
Removed coach net as I have good Sam, removed diminishing deductible and a couple of other items to finish at the same premium I paid last year on $100k coach.
They agreed to "layup" the coach once per year which for me will be nov to march so that will save me 30%.
The crazy thing is now the premium will be just $200 more than the $23k toad.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #23

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
thanks, Ill look into it---Vince