Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #15

Also been with them three years with no rise in cost and they have towing included

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
New to Progressive and by far a lot cheaper than the other 5 quotes I got. Now I will wait and see if they try to raise it after our first year like those above claim. I do have the replacement insurance but still the price was the best I found. Keeping my fingers crossed ha

Old 11-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
rv insurance

Found great rate through RV AMERICA INSURANCE AT 800 400 0186.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:15 AM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I dont have a RV YET!.....but found out that Good Sam lets you change your coverages very quickly when you have it in storage, which can help save some people a few hundred a year. And then when you plan on traveling (if not full time), you can call a day or two in advance and switch it back.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:27 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoysRV View Post
I dont have a RV YET!.....but found out that Good Sam lets you change your coverages very quickly when you have it in storage, which can help save some people a few hundred a year. And then when you plan on traveling (if not full time), you can call a day or two in advance and switch it back.
I do that now with Allstate. Saves me about $180 a year.
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
I have 6 quotes for our 07 MADP we are about to take delivery, from State Farm, Progressive, Allied, Bluesky, and Farmers (Foremost). Progressive is off the planet at $4400. State Farm is by far the cheapest at 50% of Farmers and about 2/3 of the cheapest Allied quote. I have read where State Farm and other auto insurers do not provide addequate coverage for RV's but I can not see the difference. I have querried the agent about awnings and other built-in systems and they assure me that everything is covered. Can anyone explain the difference. I can see where if you purchased a new rig, you might want replacement cost, due to rapid depreciation.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Just bought a new Class A. I have Progressive insurance. Just for kicks I priced insurance through Good Sam. GS quote was half that of progressive for the same coverage. Clean driving record. Any thoughts?
Are you a full timer or recreational use? I have a 2003 I bought used. I also have a foreclosure (why I am a full timer) bankruptcy ,Credit not good and progressive is lots cheaper than camping worlds. Even my extended warranty is high deductible because of it. ($500) my kids have GEICO but haven't checked that one yet.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #22

It also depends on what state you are in, full time or part time. Shopping around is your best bet. A broker will be higher and charge a fee, go direct. Because we have SD plates ours is cheaper than most companies.

If you are a part timer some company's want you to call them when you move it in and out of storage and I found some of them have hidden coverage. So read your fine print before signing.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
we have progressive on the MH and they were the least expensive for the coverage to include tow and road side service. Once we needed a tow and they also supplied us with a list of road service in the Delaware area. we were able to get service from a garage just two blocks away. we were fixed with a new belt and on our way before the two could arrive.
That kind of service moved me to also added two additional motorcyles and our car kept in florida home.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Shop them all!

It will, insurance rates change every year. The above mentioned all play into cost of your premium. If your buying new and want replacement insurance you'll pay more or if your coach is five years within manufactured date and seek replacement in full. I shop every year and pretty much had them all that are mentioned above. Presently I'm with National Interstate. I'll see what happens next year, it pays to shop till you drop.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #25

Flyer
Progressive paid us quickly and handled our claim very well. Insurance that doesn't pay or makes you jump through hoops isn't worth much. We got our first MH insured with Progressive through an independent insurance agency: Contact Customer Service | AIS Insurance
more than ten years ago. When Florida Farm Bureau kept increasing rates on our two cars several years ago, we got a quote from AIS and it was much lower for the same coverage as Florida Farm Bureau. So I decided to get a quote directly from Progressive and it was almost exactly the same as Florida Farm Bureau! Decided on the independent agency (AIS Poliseek) and subsequently went thru the Snapshot program and saved a good bit more--custom made for retirees who drive between rush hours mostly. Clearly there is a markup on insurance if the independent agency can offer the same coverage for substantially less money than directly from Progressive and still make a profit. I was recently told by an insurance agent that many insurance companies carry Progressive for automobile drivers who, shall we say would not be covered by say Allstate as an example. So it costs more. But if you have a good driving record and a good credit rating, then that's when Progressive can really save you money. I do not know that for a fact as far as Progressive being mostly used for at risk drivers. I can tell you our premiums are pretty good and Progressive really handled our lightning damage claim quickly and professionally. We have replacement coverage on our coach and its still just under $1200/yr. I believe that replacement drops after five years--this month--so I expect that rate to go down. Shopping around every few years is a good idea, just not most folks' idea of fun. Good luck
Old 12-20-2014, 11:01 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaus4347 View Post
Me too
Rambling Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #27

With a new 2015 MH Progressive would not cover full replacement value and had no up grade gap anything else. With GoodSam we are covered for 5yrs.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaus4347 View Post
This is amazing. After reading this, I promptly filled out the online quote request on RV America's websitet for my 07 MADP. I just received a quote from them for Progressive. They didn't offer any other quotes from the many insurers the list. It was 3800+, compared to 2043 for Allied I got through another broker, and 1350 from a State Farm agent, all with the same limits of coverage. I guess I will never understand how insurance works.

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance