Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #29
Progressive year #1 - $650/12 months
Progressive year #2 - 1380/12 months

No claims on different policy cars, different policy house or camper. Great credit. No tickets for me or DW. Just a huge spike for some unknown reason.

I called GS and the quote of $688/12 months was a steal. More coverage, less money. I switched immediately. The underwriting company is National General Insurance as GS is only a broker, not an insurer.

Scott -- Commercial Point, Ohio
2004 Damon UltraSport
Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
soneil422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #30
Monaco Owners Club
National General

I have National General too. Pay $483 for a 2002 Monaco Diplomat. We are not full timers and have good driving history and credit. Got all the coverage I wanted and ran it by my normal broker that has my other policies. They recommended I go for it. It comes up for renewal in February so will have to watch to check things out early so there isn't a huge jump. And got them to include towing. If you have Good Sam Roadside assistance with towing they do not include it as they defer to GS, but I didn't have it at the time so they included it.

sstehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #31
We had Geico on our AZ vehicles until they started bumping the premiums. Switched to Progressive three years ago and they have increased each year and now Allstate is way below them for the same coverage on the same vehicles. Plus, I don't agree with the liberal causes that the owner of Progressives supports, so we will switch four vhicles over to Allstate in Jan.
2013 43 QGP Allegro Bus
26' Enclosed trailer for toys
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #32
If you did it on line be careful of one thing. You need to put in your years of RV driving experience. I didn't realize the importance and was finding some were half of others. But as an inexperienced RV driver, and making sure I put in no years of experience, my estimates were suddenly very close to each other. I bought my RV last spring and had never driven one before. I am with Progressive as well, but was told it should go down as I gain more problem free driving experience.

2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3742 - Gas
ACME Eze Tow Dolly
2008 Chevy Malibu Toad
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote