Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
RV King Mattress

We're in the process of replacing our motorhome bed - looking at the Comfortaire and Sleep Number air beds. Does anyone have any recommendations for one over the other?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2015, 08:13 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Never had a Comfortaire. Had a Sleep Number for 4 years in our truck camper and 10 years in our two motor homes. They are just fine. We put a heated blanket on top in the TC....and mattress pad in the MH.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have SleepNumber in the RV and in the stix&brix - we are very happy with them. Be aware that there are different quality levels with their beds, and the RV specific models tend to be toward the bottom of the range (in padding quality, though not price.) The home mattress is a mid-range model, the RV mattress was not nearly as comfortable until I added a memory foam pad inside the mattress cover, and an egg crate foam pad on top.

I think the biggest difference between the RV and home models is that the RV models tend to have longer air tubes running to the compressor/control unit?
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:32 PM   #4

I thought about a sleep number but went with one from Costco bed in the box. It is a little firm but OK. I will be getting a new one for the SB and it will be this one, I like there warranty and the reviews, wish I had got it for the MH.
Aria Pillow-Top Medium-Soft Memory Foam Mattress | Novosbed
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:24 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I know we just asked this a few days ago but we bought a Sleep Number bed. The Comfortair was not available with the radius corners. Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:37 AM   #6

My MH came with a short king (72x76). Never heard of a short king plus I hate my legs dangling over the end of it. Guess I'll be checking out the pillow tops and mattress covers and will just have to "cut them down to the proper size". Now sheets are a totally different area. Don't even get me started there.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikensallyt View Post
My MH came with a short king (72x76). Never heard of a short king plus I hate my legs dangling over the end of it. Guess I'll be checking out the pillow tops and mattress covers and will just have to "cut them down to the proper size". Now sheets are a totally different area. Don't even get me started there.
I buy King Flat for both top and bottom.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:05 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
We've had the regular size king sleep number in our coach's and two S/b for the past five years. Their are differences you've got to buy the premier our better model. We put on an inexpensive mattress pad, $150 dollar price. Really a great nights sleep. And I'm just going through my third back surgery. Couldn't sleep wo this bed and the adjustments.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:32 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a Sleep Number queen in the coach. Love that bed. Looking to buy a king this fall for the S&B. Had full shoulder replacement 15 months ago and I sleep like a baby on the road.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2017 GMC Canyon 4X4 Crewcab
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #10

I truly wish I did more research before buying a serta foam king bed from Sam's club right after buying my like new second hand Hurricane. Even with a topper added after the fact, it's still like a 12" brick. Four spine surgeries down, two to three more to go...
Old 07-03-2015, 08:55 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Be aware that if you have problems with the pump on sleep number, you are in for a big cost. We had one in our home and it began to lose air. Was going to cost us almost as much as a new set. Look at the warranty carefully