Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #1

RV newb, questions on a '04 Four Winds 30q Hurricane

hello,

i guess i have a new forum to frequent (as time allows)

I am hoping i can get some pointers or where to look....

first item, left the dealer, checked to see if the wipers work, and nope! i do not have a manual for the RV, as well there is no way to tell what fuse is for what. I tried to find a manual on line but failed miserably, lol!!! any help is greatly appreciated. schematics would be even better if i could get my hands on them.

second item, due to the frickin' laws in canada i have to install a daytime running lights module. any shortcuts? the module was 45 dollars, and after dropping a ton on other necessities, i am hoping there is an economical way to do this is all.

i want to install a brake controller on the rv to pull my enclosed trailer. now there is a 4 pin connector out back now at the hitch, i also bought a 7 pin connector to put on. is there a plug i can access for the brake controller hook up? I am guessing not at this time. thanks!

is it easy to pull the tv out. i think it may be on the fritz?

the deck fuse was blown, replaced that, but the radio cuts power frequently fortunately i am about to wire in a new deck

do these rv's come with a c.b. antenna prewired?

sorry for all the newb questions. now back to work for me.

thanks in advance for any feedback and tips provided!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #2

Glad you found this site, you will be here often....saw your post on disboards, check you PM there.

Wipers shouldn't be too tough. Schematics are easy to follow. I have them for the '04, but not in digital form. I do have some F-53 service manuals, including the '04 that I need to post for sale here. I do have the '03 manual around somewhere on DVD, maybe I could email you a few pages to get you going?

On the DRL. The '04 should have them. I disabled mine, preferring to turn the lights on when I want. Might just need to pop a fuse back in.

The brake controller is easy. There's a connector under the dash, and wires are terminated near the end of the original frame rail.

Congrats, and have fun with your new toy!

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #3

thanks Tim,

is there any way to scan and email the information? i guess i will call four winds to see where i can get this information. i am trying to get this through the required fed. safety check and emissions test here in Canada (windsor).
wipers and DRL are the two main items i am currently screwed on. either way i won't/can't drive it without functioning wipers.

i am hoping the dealer can help me with schematics or something like that. i don't have any problem getting dirty, as required.

i installed the pioneer deck, i crawled under the dash, i did find a 3 wire connector. it has 1 - 12 gauge green w/white stripe, 1- 12 gauge black, and 1 16 gauge blue w/ red stripe. my guess is that may be the 3 wire connector for the trailer.

thanks and the wife saw your pm.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
8SEC6SPD
Regarding the TV, if it is the same as the 05 there is a hex nut on the right side of the cabinet above the passenger seat. (There is a hole near the top of the side wall near the back) It is a winch set up for loweyring the TV. Don't remember what size. Remove the bottom cover, under the TV, and and turn the nut counterclockwise. Be very careful. The TV is heavy and when it drops down enough to clear the cabinet it will tip backward and break the windshield (maybe both sides). Don't ask me how I know.
Bob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #5

In another thread, somebody did say that were able to get wiring diagrams and schematics from Thor by calling their Customer Support number: (877) 855-2867
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #6

Couldn't find my '03 service manual DVD this morning.

I'll either find it, or copy some pages from the service manual for you tonight.

I'll have to look at the trailer connector, it has more than 3 wires, if I remember right. It's definitely under the dash, just need a pigtail to connect to it.

Is the motorhome stuck at customs? Or just "stuck" without the right paperwork at home now? Do the kids know about it yet? When will it get to Disney?

Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #7

Still can't find my '03 DVD, but found an '02!

I have some pdfs for you. PM me an email address...

Old 10-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #8

fricking work blocks access to this site, what!!! thanks for the number amanda, unfortunately calling now is not going to help. :( i already called and left a message early this morning, then i sent over an email at 4:30pm. well i heard nothing back :(

i am trying to get this thing road worthy and legal by Friday evening. the main thing i must do is get Daytime running light working, get wipers working, and hookup brake controller.
the RV is home, but i can't do anything with it until i get the first federal inspection done. for that i have to figure out the daytime running lights.

is the brake controller a black connector or white like the rest of the connectors that are up under the dash, and is it near the far left side under the dash (like near the driver's left knee when sitting down.? if you can recall. as well i had to actually buy the connector for the 7 pin. are you saying that is up by the hitch???? maybe i didn't look hard enough for that.

i just saw you post after i posted, anything will help.

disney will be hopefully march next year.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I contacted Thor on my 2001 and they not only send me PDF's with the manual, they were even able to dig out my Build Sheet.

I contacted them through email on their customer service line.

You should be able to find all kinds of chassis manuals online at different ford sites.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #10

can't you just turn on your head lights in the daytime and leave them on for running?.....
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by corjaguar
can't you just turn on your head lights in the daytime and leave them on for running?.....
Nope. They have a law about such things "up north"

Kinda wondering how the rig even got into canada to a dealer without the proper equipment and certification. I've heard they are very fussy about it.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #12

thanks for the tips everyone! and thanks Tim for the schematics, consider those manuals sold, i will get with you via email, and figure out logistics and payment.

as mentioned, i popped in a fuse, voila.. DRL works!

troubleshot the wipers, ordered a wiper module, great deal, $100 overnighted to me at work.

the trailer hitch wiring wasn't to bad until i realized last night at about midnight as we laid underneath the back of the rig. we had to run a 12v supply from the battery to the back, where i installed the new 7 pin connector. then once that was complete and we verified everything i dropped my 28' enclosed onto the hitch, and the rig dropped 4" oh well time for a set of airbags.

at this point it was 2:20 am, hadn't even loaded the car for racing today. went to bed. that was more than enough for me. looks like i stick with the Ram to finish out the season this year. will worry about getting the RV ready for "toy" hauling next spring.

on the upside i spent yesterday getting all of the import crap, and vehicle inspections complete. the government unloaded me of some additional funds to pay the taxes, etc..... and the RV now has plates on it

any recommendations on a remote/portable backup camera? a must for back up the rv to hook up the trailer, and anyone else install airbags? does firestone make a kit? the do for my Ram, and they work great!

thanks again!

Tags
hurricane