Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-06-2016, 10:29 AM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
1. You probably won't even encounter a place that has that rule.
2. If you do, and your rig exterior is reasonably clean and decent, they probably won't even ask the age.
3. If asked about the age when making a reservation, offer to send pictures.
4. If denied, or if you don't want to deal with the question, photos, etc, simply go to another park instead.
X's 2, on all points.

The percentage of parks that actually have this rule is miniscule. The heated debate on the subject whenever brought up (which is frequently) not so much. If you live in the real world, you'll be fine.

Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #16
I have to smile for a couple of reasons. The best one is tomorrow I give a man a handful of $100.00 bills for a 1993 35' motor home. My wife asked what we are going to name her. They're always a her and they're always named. I'm going to call her Jane because she's one very well put together old gal that's prettier and in better shape than a lot of girls half her age. I about fell out of my boots when I stepped in and the dash air ice cold. That's a 93 diesel pusher with dash air that works. The way I see it I'm paying for her experience and the previous owner's obsession with perfection.

The duct tape remarks are funny. Our first RV was a toy hauler that I traded some work for and on the way home we found out about delamination. NASCAR racing duct tape comes in color and different widths. The 12" white properly applied was invisible until you got real close.

Life is Good
Wroughtnharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #17
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A lot of parks may post the 10-year rule, but it's really just an excuse they can use to keep out the real junkers... they're not going to refuse good money on a well maintained rig staying in their park.

However, one place you might see it strictly enforced is if you ever try to buy a lot in an RV resort. Often, their HOA rules and owner regulations are so strict that they can't override the rule no matter how nice your rig is. If they let one in they'd have to let them all in, and the other owners aren't going to put up with that.

Not every resort, of course, but a lot... at least at some of the ones I've looked at in Indio, Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Las Vegas, etc.

Just fyi...
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire 4302
pulling a 2013 Ford Edge Limited

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #18
Funny thing is we ran up against that only once when we had our beautiful older Bounder. It was at Redwood Acres in Eureka, CA. When we called they asked the age and we stated what we had. Ended up answering more questions than if I was trying to get hired by the FBI.

When we showed up we were floored. More permanent junkers than you could imagine. What a dump and we ended up only staying the one night vs two we needed to do for our Passport America discount. Won't stay there again!

Sometimes you just have to laugh.
Bill and Debb---2010 CT Coachworks Siena 35V
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport---Roadmaster Falcon 5250 -
1 Cavalon (Scooby)
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:27 AM   #19
If asked you can always say it's a 2008 model. There must be some part in the coach that is 2008 or newer.
2013 43 QGP Allegro Bus
26' Enclosed trailer for toys
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:42 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
We stayed at Pecan Park Riverside in San Marcus TX. Stopped over the other day to make reservation for Nov. Dec. this year and were told the 2006 is to old. The place was destroyed by two floods and is not as nice as it was and not even half full. Went up the road to a SUN park - Paying the same and much nicer so sometimes its for the better. Pecan owner did call back and said being that they knew my coach is not junk he would make the res. TOO LATE

Dave and Suzy, Quincey and Chica
My two youngest in Coast Guard
2006 Monaco Knight 40ft
2012 Jeep Liberty
docsdock is offline   Reply With Quote