Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2015, 06:45 AM   #15

I guess we are staying at the wrong places!!

In 8 years fulltime we have never been asked that question, either on making a reservation or just showing up. Not saying its a bad idea. After all its private property then can do as they please
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 07:20 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Look at it like zoning within a city. In effect that is what it is. If you owned a lot in one of those places, and many do have lot owners or assoc., would you want to get up every morning and look at a Bluebird School bus painted some awful purple color with Zebra stripes in orange right next door? No zoning may sound good to some but ask some of the folks in Houston what can happen in a "no zoning" city. $3-5 million houses and the guy on the corner dies so his kids sell it to a company that tears down the house and is building a five story office complex on the land. This is much the same. Some folks pay over $100 k for a lot in these places and then $300 a month to maintain them.

As for the 55 and older that goes to the age of the kids that will be with the unit. Most places that have that age limit also address the time kids under 18 can stay as well. If I want to be around children then I'll have my grand kids stay with me of which I can control. I don't want someone else who just turns them out at 8 in the morning and don't want to see them until dinner if then. Stay at a KOA and you can get all of that you want.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
My question is would you really want to stay at a place or with people who think this is a good idea???
Yes. We tend to boondock as much as possible so we do not have to deal with campgrounds and people but when we do I could not say it better than this. -----

Honestly, yes. I've stayed at some place where I wish there was a little bit less diversity to the gene pool... I'm really not a snob, but when it's past 10pm, I'm not appreciative of loud behavior. I don't care what the rig looks like next to me as long as the owner behaves like a human.

And I'll remind you, I don't fit the bill to get their "Class-A" only waterfront sites..

It's not a solution for every problem, but likely it weeds some people out. Ever stayed at a public park where your neighbor was up partying all night or had 14 cars parked in a single space?
Old 06-24-2015, 07:35 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
That rule seems to apply only to MH's, not trailers or fivers.
Class C's get the worst treatment.

I have been asked the age when I have booked, but told that
as long as it looked good it would be allowed.
I have never been refused and my coach is a 2002.

I have seen class C's refused however.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:42 AM   #19

It's designed to restrict this being parked beside you. Although I think it is somewhat cool !!

Russell Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435153316.273426.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	98182
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTeel View Post
This is crazy!! Sunset Point, Lake LBJ, Marble Falls. RV's more than 10 years old must be pre-approved. Down further in their ad... RV's must be 12 years old or newer!!! Are you kidding me!!! My 1999 (40 ft) country coach looks better than any new one! I get it, they don't want rag tag RV's.... but this is crazy!! I guess business is good? Is this common practice!
CWTeel
When I encounter an "elitist" park with the "10 year rule" I let them do their inspection.
After my coach is approved, (which it always has been), I take a drive through the park.
Then I stop at the office and tell them: "Your park did not pass my inspection, sorry"...and leave.

I doubt if they care that I rejected them but it sure does make me feel good.

Mel
'96 Safari, 141k miles
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #21

Mid Atlantic Campers
Once again I say reverse the rolls. Without an age restriction in the rules it's entirely a judgement call. In coming RV'ers would know that and could give the owners a hard time on a judgment call. Why this-Not that kind of thing. It gives the cg owners a wall to stand behind. Just pretend your them for a minute and Russell's example pulls up!
Old 06-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTeel View Post
This is crazy!! Sunset Point, Lake LBJ, Marble Falls. RV's more than 10 years old must be pre-approved. Down further in their ad... RV's must be 12 years old or newer!!! Are you kidding me!!! My 1999 (40 ft) country coach looks better than any new one! I get it, they don't want rag tag RV's.... but this is crazy!! I guess business is good? Is this common practice!
Sunset Point early April this year... we love the place. Been several times. Will go again if back that way. It's especially nice if you want to rent a boat. The local boat rental will bring it to the park and launch it for you and pick it up at the appointed hour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1435154398415.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	98185   Click image for larger version

Name:	1435154470905.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	98186  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1435154508300.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	98187   Click image for larger version

Name:	1435154616000.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	98188  

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:24 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
CWTeel
When I encounter an "elitist" park with the "10 year rule" I let them do their inspection.
After my coach is approved, (which it always has been), I take a drive through the park.
Then I stop at the office and tell them: "Your park did not pass my inspection, sorry"...and leave.

I doubt if they care that I rejected them but it sure does make me feel good.

Mel
'96 Safari, 141k miles
Old 06-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mel,
I wish I had some of your free time available!
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sunset Point early April this year... we love the place. Been several times. Will go again if back that way. It's especially nice if you want to rent a boat. The local boat rental will bring it to the park and launch it for you and pick it up at the appointed hour.
flaggship1
Those pics look very much like many of the $8-$12 a night COE, (U.S. Army Crops of Engineers), State Park and private campgrounds, (with no coach age restrictions), that we stay in between Nov-March each year.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:37 AM   #26

My rig came with the optional Time Warp Capacitor, calibrated, then set to 8 years old indefinitely...
Old 06-24-2015, 09:49 AM   #27

We recently purchased our first used DP - 2002 Fleetwood Expedition - that is in decent (not showroom but not an eyesore) condition. We are hoping to snowbird this winter, and are currently looking at sites in Florida, Southern Texas, and Arizona. Many of these places have a 10 year rule (or manager's "approval") stipulation, and some require a current photo prior to accepting a reservation. I'll be really disappointed if we can't pass the inspection - repainting the RV is simply not in the budget. Maybe we'll try a nice wash/wax and take a photo of the good side when there's lots of glare from the sun covering the faded areas...
ellisda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #28

I don't really care one way or the other but I do wish the rule was prominently displayed on their website, brochure, and all camping guides. Don't make us all search thru the fine print.

Tags
rvs