Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2015, 06:04 AM   #57
laj

then hopefully you will be able to find a cg that will give you that.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2015, 06:05 AM   #58

Every subdivision has their HOA rules. They don't allow someone to put a $50,000 home along side the $500,000 homes. Works for me.

I see this as no different.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:08 AM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Every subdivision has their HOA rules. They don't allow someone to put a $50,000 home along side the $500,000 homes. Works for me.

I see this as no different.

Russell
Good point and it's not just the $$. A house made of gold that was below the square footage covenants or in some instances no single story or two story etc. Rules are rules.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:29 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPro View Post
I would much rather have the Clampetts park next to me then Mrs.Drysdale

I don't know. I once stayed at an RV park that had good reviews but evidently no rules as far as age or condition of the RVs which could rent sites at their facility. Across from us were some questionable characters that were in an old and run down travel trailer. I couldn't tell exactly who was staying in the trailer as they had old cars coming and going at all times of the day and night. I suspect that something illegal and drug related was going on but when talking with the management of the park, they told me that they didn't think so and the people paid their rent on time so there was nothing they could do ...(?)

At the same park, several spots down from us were some Clampett-looking folks. They were in an old beat up 5th wheel and had a granny and about 3 young kids living in the trailer with them. The kids were not well behaved at all and were running around screaming and yelling outside all day. The father actually looked like Buddy Ebson and drove an old beat up Ford pickup. It appeared as if he did go to work, or somewhere, each morning leaving the mother, grandmother, and screaming kids to run around the RV park all day long.

For some reason, I would have much preferred somebody such as Mrs. Drysdale in those spots during our stay. We had planned to stay a week but got out of there after two days.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:49 PM   #61

Money doesn't make you a better person, no matter how many times you tell yourself it does, it still doesn't. I for one am glad they have places like this, it keeps the people I consider "undesirable" away from where I like to stay
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
Money doesn't make you a better person, no matter how many times you tell yourself it does, it still doesn't. I for one am glad they have places like this, it keeps the people I consider "undesirable" away from where I like to stay
No no, I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I didn't mean to imply that money makes anybody a "better person." My point does seem to be the same as yours, however, when it comes to RV parks. Even though the Drysdale-type people may be stuffy and exude a "better than others" attitude, I would much rather had them next to me in that RV park than those neighbors I described.

I wouldn't mind at all for a vintage 15 to 20-year old RV that is restored, clean, and has their associated vehicle in the same shape being next to me in an RV park rather than a run-down, dirty, and dented 11-year old RV next to me as the occupants probably would be more inclined to be undesireable ...not always but in most cases so.

I fully understand that there are great people that have little money and some real a***** that have a lot of money. So you're absolutely correct in that money doesn't make you a better person. Sorry I wasn't clear in my implication.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #63

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Their claim: They are trying to keep out "Trash"

MY theory: First formed when the age of my RV was right around 10---MONTHS--:
They have so much business they have to turn folks away and thus they do not need MY business..

One park I did stop at that had such a rule the park buildings looked like trash..The RV's like sardines in a can (Too close together) and I was rather glad that the staff and I came to disagreement before I checked in.

Covered Wagon.. Henderson, NV.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #64

So many of the "have nots" have made this a class warfare thing. My rig is 16 years old, so I guess I am a have not. I long ago realized that you are welcomed or excluded from some groups due to who you are or what you have or what you look like. I'm ok with that. I don't like getting wild folks next door when we are trying to relax. If you buy your way into being accepted at nicer parks, I think that is an earned privlage. There are plenty of wealthy folks with rv's that don't qualify, and plenty of folks of modest means with very nice RV's. Let's not make it about other stuff.
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Besides the Clampetts, they are also weeding out the "Cousin Eddies" and their "tenements on wheels". (See National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.)
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:50 PM   #66

We bought a lot in FL last year and they have a ten year rule as it seems most places we stay at do. At first it ticked me off like what are you some elite park that only caters to well to do folks. I have been assured at ever park I have asked at that if you rig is in good shape no matter the age you will be welcome. The only way to politely refuse entrance to a falling apart rig is to have that rule. I know several of the worked in both parks that we live in and they really need that rule. It is just hurtful to tell someone that they are not welcome because their rig is a mess. It makes it somewhat less offensive to refer them to the ten year rule.
I can't imagine a park that is so exclusive as to enforce it on all rigs. I certainly would not want to stay at one.
phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:29 AM   #67

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I can understand not wanting trashed out RVs in your park with run down jalopies coming and going. What I don't understand is a 10 year rule that eliminates a great number of fine older RVs from camping at a facility. Our 18 year old Fleetwood has been paid off for years. The interior looks new (thanks to the Mrs) and the engine and chassis function flawlessly due to preventative maintenance and repairs made as needed.

This trip will end with about 8000 miles in the seat over a three month period. We caught every loose chunk of gravel that could be thrown our way smack dab on the windshields. We have been through major storms running east through Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi. On our return west we caught storms in Mississippi, Louisiana and then tropical depression Bill in Texas. Rain and windstorms in New Mexico and again in Southern Arizona. Now headed toward California we will be in triple digit heat until we reach central Oregon. My rig looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet because she has.

It'll be repaired, washed and waxed before heading out again in August, but until then it is what it is. I have yet to be turned away from a park, but if looks could kill I'd have died a few times over. The point being is that the age of the RV is irrelevant. How they are maintained and used is what matters. My motorhome is looking a bit rough right about now. Most folks have asked us where we've been and how long we've been on the road. I have bugs, dirt, dust and grime from most western and southern states. Each and every one has a story behind it. Then there are others that have traveled 50 miles to get to their camp site, then will drive it 50 miles home to park it for another season after having it washed, waxed and buffed. The 10 year rule? I understand it, but I don't agree with its premise.

Sitting around the communal fire pit talking about 5" of rain in one hour, or the semi that tried to put a small boulder through your windshield now that's entertaining. This past 6 weeks we've been doing quite a bit of that along with fellow travelers that have been through the same. In a 10 year rule park we may never have met.
'97 Pace Arrow Vision 36 with Tag Axel, Ford 460 with Banks Power Pack. 2000 Jeep Wrangler Toad, one miniature schnauzer that rules the roost and a wife that enjoys traveling. Retired FTCS (SS) USN and loving it. FMCA#461483
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:34 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTeel View Post
This is crazy!! Sunset Point, Lake LBJ, Marble Falls. RV's more than 10 years old must be pre-approved. Down further in their ad... RV's must be 12 years old or newer!!! Are you kidding me!!! My 1999 (40 ft) country coach looks better than any new one! I get it, they don't want rag tag RV's.... but this is crazy!! I guess business is good? Is this common practice!
No. We had no trouble getting into any CGs including the overpriced Encore's with the older rigs we've had - but they were clean, waxed and with clean windows and curtains, no torn screens and silver tape anywhere. There are snobberies (as someone here once called them) where only Class-As are wanted or no rig of any kind, even in mint condition if over 10 yrs old but they must be pretty rare as we never hit one of them.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:22 AM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Never been asked the age. The only questions i usually get is how long is it and what amps i wanted.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:29 AM   #70

I look at this way.......when a resturant puts the menu outside so you can preview the prices and the food. Gives you a heads up and could save some awkward moments. These CGs are usually very pricey that have restrictions.

Tags
rvs