RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #29

Ok so here's the end to my story. Came back to our rv yesterday with an hour to shower before dinner with family and the power was off. We are here with my husbands family who are staying in condos so we aren't at the campground often. I was so mad that I decided we were all sleeping at a hotel that night. I couldn't take 3 nights of no air conditioning. I also decided we were changing campgrounds which we did.

After talking with progressive industries We notified the campground that our surge protector showed a low voltage error, that we were no longer there and I wanted a refund for the nights we were no longer staying.

Our power works perfectly at the new campground. Slept perfectly in our air conditioned rv.

The end!

And thanks again for all the help!!

NewToRVinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2017, 12:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToRVinNJ View Post
Ok so here's the end to my story. Came back to our rv yesterday with an hour to shower before dinner with family and the power was off. We are here with my husbands family who are staying in condos so we aren't at the campground often. I was so mad that I decided we were all sleeping at a hotel that night. I couldn't take 3 nights of no air conditioning. I also decided we were changing campgrounds which we did.

After talking with progressive industries We notified the campground that our surge protector showed a low voltage error, that we were no longer there and I wanted a refund for the nights we were no longer staying.

Our power works perfectly at the new campground. Slept perfectly in our air conditioned rv.

The end!

Glad it worked out for you. Nobody said this RVing is easy.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #31
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToRVinNJ View Post

The end!

I have the same ems accept in the 30a model. It has saved my butt quite a few times in the month I've had a rv. Always due to low voltage. The park we enjoy because it's great for the kids Is in the process of renovating so at peak time during the hot days voltage drops to around 104. 2 trips ago it was 101. Voltage dropped and I refused to run just the plug. We sweat it out.

I went out and bought a Hughes autoformer and this last trip we were able to run the AC with plenty of juice to spare. I think park dropped to 108 and we had 119 after hooking up the autoformer It's Definitely worth the price. Especially when it's hot and there's a large draw on the park
Old 07-04-2017, 10:48 PM   #32

One thing to ask the park you are staying in when this happens (especially when u see one line with only 2 volts). Have them trip the main breaker for that area. I've seen quite often where a double pole breaker will partially trip causing the exact issue..
I have also seen these units been set way to sensitive where 1 volt off normal voltage was tripping the unit.

zrock2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, power