Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
Angry RV repair shop

I bought a 2002 Fleetwood Revolution from a RV dealer and every time they try to fix a on going problem they always seem to break something else. It started with a relay in the BBC control box and then most to the electric things as in , Jacks, inside pilot fans and fog lights. Then got most of that fixed and then the jacks did not work. They then replaced chassis batteries and now the Dash AC controls don;t work. I am tired of the trying to fix things that should have been done when we bought it. And advise??????? PLEASE

GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You might check out "RV Service Reviews", for a shop in your area.. You could also post your city to help others advise you. My opinion is the dealers can not keep help in the winter due to slow business, then in April they need to hire for the season and they hire anyone who can run a screwdriver.. I have had much better luck with a local shop.

2004 National See Breeze LX8375, Towing a 2012 Liberty
retired. Now What?
donhoward49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
time to find a dealer with certified techs! You could also call the factory and have them have their rep at the problems and maybe recommend some one competent to repair. safe travels.. ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

How could replacing the batteries break the dash air? How could replacing a relay in the BCC break the jacks? Fog lights etc? Maybe stuff just breaks on an 11 year old motorhome? Maybe you're expecting too much?

In the 2.5 years we've owned our 2006 I've put close to $6000 into maintenance and repairs. And that's with insurance paying for big items and me doing most of the other work. If I had to take it to the shop for every little thing I would be much broker and more disgruntled.

This site has been a lifesaver!
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
The last repair to fix what was broken trying to fix the first they removed all the dash ac controls and all the control buttons were left on the floor .
Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
And also with the fleetwood all these electric things as in jacks, fog lights, cab fans, and solar charger are CONTROLS run thru the BCC. When everything is working and things don't after the RV dealer works on you rv do you just say OH it broke while they were working on it. ?????????
Old 08-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
I can only assume you are stuck with the service facility that you purchased your rev from as it was part of the deal that they fix some items, correct? If that is the case the advice to find a more reputable service provides is good in the future, but not today (unless you want to bite the bullet and have these repairs paid for).

Sooo, I can offer you no advice. I could help you diagnose individual issues, but you do not provide enough detail to do that.

Also, Muddypaws has a point. If in the future you are going to rely on dealers to service all of your issues, find a good one and be prepared to pay on an 11 year old coach. It's a great coach ;-), but things fail with age.

At some point you will need to take your coach back from the dealer and call it a day, from that point forward use this forum and some elbow grease to keep your coach in tip top shape is my recommendation.

American Revolution 40L CAT C9
Samsung 197, TireMinder, Ready Brute Elite with Wrangler
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
If they are fixing things under their own post-sales warranty, you're stuck with them until they have 'fixed' everything.
If you have an extended warranty, find somewhere else.
We bought ours with a 90-day warranty from the dealer (after getting burned on the previous deal) and had exactly the experience you are having. Eventually, after several 'tantrums' from me, they got everything fixed to my satisfaction.
If anything else needs doing, I do it myself or take it elsewhere.
I now have a Good Sam Extended warranty with $50 deductible if taken to Camping World or $100 if taken elsewhere. I would rather drive 100 miles round trip and pay the extra $50 than take it to the Camping World 4 miles away where we bought it.
As Don said, use RV Service Reviews to find somewhere better and remember to post your experiences there (including your dealer). It's a great resource but only because of those contributing.
Chris, Jo & Dell (Siberian Husky - 110lb of fur and muscle)
2003 Beaver Santiam 40DST - Cummins 330ISC
Closely followed by a 2012 Equinox AWD
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
Ford Super Duty Owner
We live in AR and did buy our first MH from a dealer in OK. There are a lot in the Tulsa area. Do as suggested and check for dealers that service your coach. A recommendation from the customer service dept is another good way to start.

TeJay (Tim) Auto Instructor 35 yrs (4-yrs USAF) Liz: RN/ WBGO 2014 Vista 30T/ F-53/ CHF/5-Star/Koni/Centramatics * Bella- Golden/Cocker mix & Louie-The cat / All Retired
TeJay is online now   Reply With Quote