Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2020, 05:59 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Salvage yards locations

Need brackets supporting headlight assembly 2002 Pace Arrow 37A Req any RV salvage yard locations contact info anywhere in US. Thank you for your help
RVBobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2020, 06:09 PM   #2

I don't have anything about your question to offer - I'd be interested in knowing about any of these yards too.

What I CAN offer are some general ideas that might be helpful. RV's are built of hundreds of components borrowed and snatched from other vehicles. Headlights and running gear especially are taken from other vehicles b/c they don't need to reinvent the wheel and have the components recertified, and headlights in particular have to have either a DOT number or SAE number on them. If you can find this number and google it, you may be able to figure out where the lights came from.

On my coach in particular, the headlights matched to a 1992 (or so) through 2007 (ish) Econoline van series from Ford. That equates to literally hundreds of thousands of vehicles that were made with the same lights, and if I needed brackets, there should be LOTS of them in boneyards to cut things from. How your fiberglass is shaped behind the housing will determine what you need, but often it is just a few tabs that can screw into the RV and hold the adjustment pegs from the light. On mine, there was a very thin flat steel "holder" that the plastic pegs locked into, and that was bent in such a way to screw into the RV. But with my new housings, the flat steel was in the way and limited adjustment, so I had to "get creative" and reshape it, and then make some new holes. Worked fine. You might have to do the same thing on yours, or even just slice off some bits from whatever van the lights came from to get what you need.

Bonus: If it is from a regular boneyard and a common van, those parts should be SUPER cheap.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:36 PM   #3

Use Search...discussed at least every few months
Old 01-05-2020, 06:46 PM   #4

https://usedrvparts.visonerv.com/cgi...accessories.pl
jash1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:52 PM   #5

Scroll down to the bottom of this page marked similar threads-----handy
Old 01-05-2020, 08:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 426smartin View Post
Scroll down to the bottom of this page marked similar threads-----handy
Not sure if I ever saw that area of the forum...neat.
But that also implies that one has to post and THEN see the similar threads.
But it also implies that a Search should find the similar posts BEFORE one creates yet another duplicate.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:27 PM   #7

Try this:

https://rtrvg.com/blog/2017/07/22/us...ards-by-state/
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:29 AM   #8

https://colawrv.com/
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:12 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here is a list of salvage yards where you might find what you need

http://www.fivestarrvgroup.com
RV Salvage Sources
http://www.glen-l.com/campers/suppliers.html
Used RV Parts And Used RV Accessories | Visone RV Monaco Parts Dealer | rvparts.visonerv.com
http://msrheaters.com/defrost.html
Northwest RV Supply Northwest RV Supply
Veurinks RV (Sue) 616-965-9619
http://colawrvsalvage.com
https://bontragers.com/rv-supplies-accessories/
RV Misc
https://www.azrvsalvage.com/home.html
RV Surplus
Singletonsrv.com
Sullivan RV Sales and Service
Alliance coach, Wildwood FL
http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com
RVers Corner - RV Repair for the do-it-yourselfer!
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordi View Post
I don't have anything about your question to offer - I'd be interested in knowing about any of these yards too.

What I CAN offer are some general ideas that might be helpful. RV's are built of hundreds of components borrowed and snatched from other vehicles. Headlights and running gear especially are taken from other vehicles b/c they don't need to reinvent the wheel and have the components recertified, and headlights in particular have to have either a DOT number or SAE number on them. If you can find this number and google it, you may be able to figure out where the lights came from.

On my coach in particular, the headlights matched to a 1992 (or so) through 2007 (ish) Econoline van series from Ford. That equates to literally hundreds of thousands of vehicles that were made with the same lights, and if I needed brackets, there should be LOTS of them in boneyards to cut things from. How your fiberglass is shaped behind the housing will determine what you need, but often it is just a few tabs that can screw into the RV and hold the adjustment pegs from the light. On mine, there was a very thin flat steel "holder" that the plastic pegs locked into, and that was bent in such a way to screw into the RV. But with my new housings, the flat steel was in the way and limited adjustment, so I had to "get creative" and reshape it, and then make some new holes. Worked fine. You might have to do the same thing on yours, or even just slice off some bits from whatever van the lights came from to get what you need.

Bonus: If it is from a regular boneyard and a common van, those parts should be SUPER cheap.
Good post on alternatives to basic parts.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:28 PM   #11

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy from rv parts store. Check with visone on the trim piece for my rv because it would be all ready painted. The price was 25.00 per foot and no guarantee of the color. 20 ft unpainted 60.00 rev parts.only needed 2 ft
fleetwood ex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat