Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Greetings:
I'm in the Vero Beach, Fl. area and looking for a RV service center to service my 2003 Dutch Star.
Caterpillar Engine - oil leak, oil change, cooling system flushing nneded before next trip.

Allison transmission - change fluids and filters

If anyone knows of a good, trustworthy, service center that can accomplish the tasks listed, I would surely appreciate a reply.
Thanks

Deerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Greetings:
I'm in the Vero Beach, Fl. area and looking for a RV service center to service my 2003 Dutch Star.
Caterpillar Engine - oil leak, oil change, cooling system flushing nneded before next trip.

Allison transmission - change fluids and filters

If anyone knows of a good, trustworthy, service center that can accomplish the tasks listed, I would surely appreciate a reply.
Thanks

Old 04-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Indian River RV, Sebastian, just north of Vero. Good people, good service. Best deal around. I have been dealing with them for a year and it is all good. 772 581-1677.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Thanks Very much for the reply. I called Danny at I.R. RV last week and of course he was on vacation. One of the staff checked with someone and called me back. She said they don't do any engine work and recommend three auto repair places that they use.
I thought I would continue to look and ask others.
Thanks for mentioning them. They are great to deal with. I have used them before in my discovery for several different things and they all were good.
Thanks again
Denver.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:57 AM   #5

I don't know how close you are to a Ring Power location, but I highly recommend them. I used them in Orlando and was happy with their work. They are clean and efficient. Oh, did I mention they are clean. I had my fuel filters changed and my valves lashed which meant the tech had to work in the bedroom after raising the bed. I did nothave the first trace of dirt or grease in the coach. That's something I can't say for many places.

If you find you need to travel to get to them, they had electrical hook ups and you can spend the night on their parking lot. When I was there, a security guard was practically parked next to me most of the night so I felt safe.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40', CAT C10, #5892
2006 Jeep Liberty
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hi Pete,
I called Ring Power in Palm Bay, which is about 35 minutes north of Vero Beach, this evening. They said they could take care of everything except the transmission filter/fluid service.
I was impressed with the gentleman I talked to. He made me feel comfortable that they were very experience and would take great care of our RV, including pressure washing the engine and bottom of RV. This will clean up the current oil leak residue.

I will send out a post after the service to let CAT owners know how well the service experience went.

Thanks again for the recomendation.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #7

In Fort Pierce, look up Allison Transmission service. Florida Truck service or something like that. Had them reprogram our transmission soon after we bought the Motor Home.

Ring Power is a real class act with knowledgable employees.

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote