Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2016, 10:44 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Rv service in San Bernardino

Hi - our 30 Ft Newmar Baystar has been stored in San Bernardino for 7 months. We are going down there in a couple of weeks and want to service the RV. What service is generally done after storage besides an oil change? Is anyone familiar with Redlands RV? Any other service shops that you can recommend in the area?

Thank you, Barb

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2016, 11:50 PM   #2

Colton truck Terminal

You have no idea how lucky you are to be so close to Colton Truck & RV Terminal. I never heard of them until 2 years ago when I bought my first motorhome-a Country Coach diesel pusher. I recommend you google Colton truck terminal reviews. The best in the western US. They work on chassis only and M & M RV in Chino is also great for the (inside) coach. I have a few friends who were not happy with work that Redlands did. You will be impressed with both Colton & m & m.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:17 AM   #3

A few months ago I called Colton Truck to schedule some repairs I had. Colton told me they do not want to work on gas chassis MHs. I can highly recommend Redlands Truck and RV having used them multiple times.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:20 AM   #4

RV service

You might try McBrides in Chino , they service our Travel Supreme
Old 09-02-2016, 06:38 PM   #5

I'd say the previous post is true about gas rigs at Colton. If your rig is diesel, I'd highly recommend Colton. In terms of any RV repair, I would pay close attention to reviews by their customers on sites such as yelp
Old 09-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #6
iRV2 Forum Advocate

Winnebago Owners Club
I too agree that Redlands would probably be the best for your situation. Plus, they've been an iRV2 sponsor for a number of years, have a very good reputation, and cater to the RV owner (to a lot of truck repair places, RVs sometimes are not as important or receive as much service emphasis).

In addition to chassis services and modifications, they also do things such as towing set-ups, satellite dish installation and service, along with a lot of other house services too.

Redlands Truck and RV Performance Center
Old 09-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
I too agree that Redlands would probably be the best for your situation. Plus, they've been an iRV2 sponsor for a number of years, have a very good reputation, and cater to the RV owner (to a lot of truck repair places, RVs sometimes are not as important or receive as much service emphasis).

In addition to chassis services and modifications, they also do things such as towing set-ups, satellite dish installation and service, along with a lot of other house services too.

Redlands Truck and RV Performance Center
Dittos!!! Talk to Chris or Mike. They are a busy shop so call ahead.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2010 Chevy Colorado 4X4
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #8

I will second or third Redlands. We have spent between 2 and 3 K with them for maintenance and repair in the last 3 years owning our RV. They do good work with the following caveats; They have never got us out the door on time. Usually late by a day or two. Each visit there has been some problem that required a return visit, or an after 5 pm repair before we got on the road. I absolutely cannot recommend buying RV furniture from them. Their supplier was 3 months late delivering, and they charged us shipment from a major manufacturer in the southeast, when it was made in southern California. I really like Kris, (Chris). Nice lady. Have had only one dealing with Mike. Satisfactory. Refund on a basement A/C repair. They are the go-to place in northern LA basin, but like any other RV repair shop, you need to know what needs to be fixed, and inspect it for proper workmanship.

Tags
service