Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Service near Livingston TX?

Looking for a service center in the Livingston TX area for oil change, brake flush, etc. on my Workhorse chassis. Recommendations?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Are you an escapee? If not here's a link. They can recommend a place. They are home based in Livingston, TX.

Escapees RV Club

06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #3

How about trying out Foretravel up in Nacogdoches? They are close to you and can service pretty much any coach. We brought our coach up there 2 years ago, and they did a great job and the service folks are good people. The bonus is you can ogle the coaches while you are waiting for them to do their work!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:25 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
www.rvservicereviews.com
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When we stay at Rainbows End - Escapee Home - we use Joel E. West just a few miles north on 146 (actually just a mile or two south of town on the east side of 146). You could Google his location. They are good for routine service on WorkHorse which is what I used them for. Also good for service and repair on cars. This is my personal experience and as always YMMV

Foretravel are wonderful people, but haven't seen a WorkHorse Chassis in their yard unless it was mine parked while shopping there They are DP manufacturer.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
If you want to drive to Houston, RV Masters is an authorized Workhorse shop. They do my work. Nice folks.
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Since WorkHorse is defunct it is a wonder there can still be authorized WorkHorse shops. No one to authorize them, and parts have to come from the boneyard or outside manufacturers like transmissions and suspension parts. Also GM is no longer supporting the 8.1. I know there are plenty of shops that know their way around the engine and the chassis and Joel E. West is one, but that is where it ends I suspect.

Tags
service