Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2018, 08:17 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes there is a "Best" what it is, however, is harder to say, also a "Worst". (Sewer Solution). that one is easier to identify. Will explain.

Drain Master,, very expensive but they advertise "The last sewer hose you will buy" and they mean it, you see if it ever failes.. THEY will replace it, NO Lifetime warranty.. If I had to pick a best this is where I woudl start looking, well over 100 dollars for the ssytem (OUCH) but .. Just once. in 13 years I think I've spent at least that much on hoses.

My Current hose is a Tetford, Sentenal, (Originally it was a "Smart Hose" but they had so many issues with that design that they sent me a Sentenal free same hose) very tough, though I would not call it "Crush Proof" (But I've also never tested it that way) I really like the female (RV END) of the hose. LONG "Neck" makes it easier to atttach/detach. But might be an issue on some RV's.

THe Smart hose worked very well for me.

Rhino Flex is highly regarded but I was not so happy with them.

Why I do not like the sewer solution:
It is a water powered macerator system. Uses gallons and gallons of fresh water to do a job that my macerator (When needed) does with a few watts of electricity... SLow to drain the tanks (I much prfer the 3" hose) and can not pump as far or high as my electric macerator if you need to do that

(I use the macerator when I have to go. Well the black hose for the macerator is 50 feet, and I've used every last one of 'em.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
Personally I like the Camco Rhino Flex The reason is the hose can be collapsed just by pushing it together. A 10' section collapses to about 2 1/2 feet in length and if you buy the end caps, there's no mess in your sewer compartment. You can carry 2 or 3 collapsed hoses in less space than the older non collapsing hoses.

Here's a video

I agree... love the Rhino components.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:40 AM   #17

I have the rhino flex kit from amazon. the hoses seem nice but I found that you gotta be near a dump station and I rarely find myself near that. I wanted a solution to me being able to dump at home and I found it with the sewer solution. i had 75 feet to get to my septic tank at home and it went uphill about 3 feet over that course. I drove thru the yard once or twice to dump and ended up with ruts the last time. The sewer solution is great in that its cheap and effective. lets you run very long distances uphill. yes it uses water (its only downfall). I have a several 1" pvc pipes that i keep with connectors to connect them together to make the run to my septic. the other nice thing is when you are done the pipes are all clean because they are smooth and don't have ridges. you can pop caps on them if you want. or you can use a garden hose like you have. I love the sewer solution but as many said i wouldn't wanna use it at a dump station where ppl are waiting behind me. it has its purposes.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:31 PM   #18

Rhino flex is the best one I have had yet but it would be nice if there was a handle to unscrew fitting at sewer connection end as it can get very snug.