Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2014, 08:34 AM   #1

RV storage east coast

GOOD DAY , my wife and I own a 2014 Entrgra Aspire and are looking to store it below the salt / snow line between use this winter. We dont want to drive it home to Ontario , Canada each time thru the sloppy roads. Can anyone recommend a storage facility , safe , priced well, and hope fully with a roof, some where down the eastern seaboard ?

Patty & Glen 705 645 2247
gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #2

How far south do we have to go to be below salt/ snow , South Carolina ??
Old 12-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #3

I store mine under cover at Happy Boxes Self Storage, in Chester, VA. Right off I 95, south of Richmond. 804-684-1101. 24 hour access behind locked gates and manager lives on premises. Never had a problem. Hope this helps. We get a little snow, but does not stick around long.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:13 AM   #4

gsxr
You did not mention below freezing temps. Washer/dryer cannot be 'blown' out with air hose and requires dismantling manually to drain trap. There are lots of other places that require non potable antifreeze. A burst pipe in a wall would be a disaster. Best would be storage inside with controlled temps. But also expensive. Here in North Florida it still gets into the 20's and sometimes into the teens. It always warms up during the daytime, but when those temps are forecast we turn on the water heater and a cube heater and a trouble light inside the wet bay--just to be sure. But that requires electricity and most storage places don't seem to offer that. So, beside the salt/snow line there is the freezing temps for more than just a few hours line. Then there is the issue of what the Florida sun does to new motorhome finishes even in the winter. - Miami-Dade County This Miami Dade County campground offers storage on a field. They also may have information about private covered storage in the area. At least you wouldn't have to worry about freezing pipes, salt, or snow. Good luck
Old 12-30-2014, 07:14 AM   #5

gsxr
meant potable antifreeze, sorry.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:38 AM   #6

Ok , Thanks for the info , We winterize every thing here each year , I am confident within 45 min can do and be good to go. But something else to consider , Thanks
Old 12-31-2014, 06:38 AM   #7

Best would be able to talk my wife to stay south all winter , no luck so far ( kids ) lol
Old 12-31-2014, 07:06 AM   #8

We use an indoor storage place BWI Storage. It is just south of Baltimore, Maryland and about 3 miles from Baltimore Washington International Airport. Since it's stored in a heated garage, there is no need to winterize. They are on site 7 days a week. They also give your coach a wash on the way in, and a wash on the way out. They will fill your water tanks and verify the pressures in your tires, turn on your fridge, wash the insides of your front windows and windsheild. They will start both the engine and generator on a monthly basis, and have 50 amp hookup available for an additional charge each month. If you call a grocery place called pea pods, and have the order delivered to BWI storage, they will stock your coach for you, including ice in the freezer. They also have propane for sale, on site. They bill themselves as a concierge service for your RV. We have not been disappointed. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give them a 9.5
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #9

Now that is service , will call for rates , Thanks
Old 01-05-2015, 03:24 AM   #10

Had to check this out. Looks like bwiboatrvstorage.com pricing on their website shows a base of $10 per month per foot,less if you do long term. Pretty cool
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:27 AM   #11

Also a place on Connecticut called rvboatheatedstorage.com. Know nothing about it but it is about 7 hours closer to Canada
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:36 AM   #12

One of the nice things about BWI Storage, is they're within 3 miles of Baltimore Washington International airport. Fly in and drive out, if that's your preference.

They just opened in April of last year, and have filled up their indoor storage. They will be opening up additional indoor storage around mid-year. From what I saw, most people only bring their coachs, boats and cars to indoor storage when it's time to store them for the winter.

I'm unlucky enough to live in a neighborhood with an HOA (Home Owners Association) and can't store our coach at home, so ours is there, when not in use.

Again, I am not affiliated with them in any way. I'm just a satisfied customer.
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:22 AM   #13

Jdoran1973

Wow $10 per foot per mo = $400 per mo for a 40ft unit just to store it. I looked at that site and indeed that is the rate - just seems high to me but it must be competitive if it is full.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libero View Post
Jdoran1973

Wow $10 per foot per mo = $400 per mo for a 40ft unit just to store it. I looked at that site and indeed that is the rate - just seems high to me but it must be competitive if it is full.
It's the only indoor storage facility within a 100 mile radius of the Baltimore/ Washington area, so they can charge whatever they want when there is no competition.

Tags
south carolina ?????, storage