Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #1

Rv tire repair around zion national park

Hello, my wife and I were on our way back to Oregon from New Mexico and took a route through Zion. All was going fine until I clipped a big rock with my rear tire which resulted in a bent rim and flat tire. We found a spot on the west side of the park to stay the night but will need to figure out where to get a new rim and tire in the morning. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is a 22.5 tire with 10 lug rim for a freightliner Fred chassis
Thanks. Dave
Rotzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #2

Are you not going to use your emergency road service ...Coachnet, Good Sam, etc.?

If not, and you are going to be making arrangements yourself (and for tires, we have found twice that making arrangements ourselves was less expensive than using our Coachnet coverage), try Brackens in St. George. I believe they have road assistance (if you need it) and can tow RVs also.

http://www.brackenautotech.com/ 435.673.8828

About Us | Bracken's Auto Tech & Tire
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #3

Amanda, thanks for the reply and reference. I called them but they don't service larger motorhomes. I ended up calling TDS in St. George and they came right out with a new rim and tire. It wasn't cheap but the service was excellent.

I do have AAA RV but they were pretty useless in helping me find a place to fix the tire. They said it would be best if I found one myself.

Dave
Rotzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzla View Post
Amanda, thanks for the reply and reference. I called them but they don't service larger motorhomes. I ended up calling TDS in St. George and they came right out with a new rim and tire. It wasn't cheap but the service was excellent.

I do have AAA RV but they were pretty useless in helping me find a place to fix the tire. They said it would be best if I found one myself.

Dave
You might want to check on CoachNet when you get home.......we had a horrible break down and they towed us 3 times and where very helpful.

They never would have left you stranded like that.

Glad you guys are safe and sound.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #5

We're glad you got taken care of okay, Dave. Sorry about the bad referral. We used Brackens for our car tires once and noticed they had a motorhome sitting in their lot at the time.

We agree with Sohapi. Coach-net is about the best when it comes to bigger motorhomes, especially DPs. They will always send somebody to get you going and in our opinion, in most situations, understand Class A motorhomes better than Good Sam.

However, as I mentioned previously, if not in an emergency situation, you'll inevitably be able to find somewhere less expensive especially for tires. We had a non-emergency situation where we had to have an inside dual replaced. We were not in any hurry but in a smaller town. We called Coach-net and told them our situation and they found a tire place in town who would order the tire and either come to us or we could go to them and they quoted us a price. However, when we made our own calls, we found another tire dealer who would order the exact same tire and install it for over $200 less than the one Coach-net found. We're thinking that Coach-net may make some kind of commission? ...(or the rep taking the call) as she was really disappointed when we told her to we didn't want to use the place they recommended. But, if this had been an emergency situation, Coach-net would have been a godsend. I guess that's why they call it "Emergency" Road Service as it's to be used in an emergency where money is not the issue but service is the main priority.
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, national