Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #1
RV Wax Services ?

I've waxed my coach once a year in the 9 years I've owned it. I've cleaned and treated the rubber roof several times. This is hard work and I want to add these chores to the growing list of things I am now willing to pay someone else to do. I've had no luck finding anyone locally so now I'm hoping to find someone on my route as I head east and south in the Fall.

I'd appreciate hearing recommendations from any satisfied customers out there. Thanks!

rvjimzhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
I here you on that one rvjimzhr. It is for sure a task that isn't appreciated by anyone, but the coach. I contiue doing my own at this point, but the day will come when I would like to have someone do it for us.
Good luck in your search.

2002 Newmar Dutchstar 4097
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel.
ckhenshaw4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #3
It's funny how life is. You start off with more time and less money. So you do everything you can. Then you end up with less time than money, and it is worth it to pay someone to do some things. Then eventually you run out of body, and have to pay someone to do it.
wish I knew someone to steer you towards. i just reached the less time than money stage.
Bucky1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #4
Check with a campground near you. Many have authorized outside rv wash/wax services to do business on their property. Many of these services will be willing to come to you to do the work.
Fred & Mary RVM135
2012 Dutch Star 3735 ISL 400
2012 GMC Sierra Ext Cab 4x4
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Or rv dealers in the area that can steer you to independents...

I found one on Groupon and he's good !
Spent 6 hours on the rv - washed, waxed, polished wheels
and. as the last pic shows, I didn't even know I had a chrome outlet on the exhaust - he must have spent an hour on that mess - now it sparkles !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Detailing.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	100290   Click image for larger version

Name:	detailed after.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	638.3 KB
ID:	100291  

Attached Images
If you really are sad and think nobody cares, just try missing a few payments ! '11 Monaco Diplomat 43DFT RR10R pushed by a Demco Excali-Bar II hitch which is pushed by a '14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport.
JohnBoyToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
You havent lived until you wax and buff a 40 ft sail boat on the hard.
2004 Newmar Kountry Star Diesel Pusher, 2003 Chevy Tracker, 4 Viszla's .
SeattlePirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #7
My situation is quite similar to that of the OP. I hand waxed for 11 years and then decided to pay someone else to do the job which seemed to get bigger each year. It has been my experience that Yuma AZ has the cheapest prices in the country for hand waxing of RVs. Surrounding areas like Phoenix and Quartzsite AZ also have affordable solutions. To date I have not paid over 200 bucks for hand waxing of my 40' motorhome. I know of RVers that have fallen off a ladder doing work to their rig. The medical cost far exceeded the 200 dollars, not to mention discomfort and changed plans. There comes a time when you pick and choose your battles.
George R. - Fulltiming since January '03
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 3991
2012 Chevy Malibu LT1
gruelens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #8
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have my local RV center do it when doing the annual servicing. I've also had local people from various RV resorts (they recommended them) do it in different states. The only problem I've run into is they weren't available while we were there, so at the next place we stayed, had it waxed there. Pricing varies, I've paid from $150 for wash and spay waxing to $450 for wash and 2 coats hand waxing. Just depends on time and $$ available. Good luck with finding someone. Might be a good idea to start a thread with listings in different areas. My 2 cents..
Ford RV V10 5 star Tow tune
Front/Read Roadmaster 1 3/4" anti-sway bars. Roadmaster steering stabilizer
2009 Acme Tow dolly w/ 2014 Avalon Hybrid Limited
NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #9
Thanks for all the comments! I agree NMRVer....If everyone who COULD recommend here a good, trustworthy "hand waxer" WOULD do so......
Old 07-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #10
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by rvjimzhr View Post
....I'm hoping to find someone on my route as I head east and south in the Fall.

I'd appreciate hearing recommendations from any satisfied customers out there. Thanks!

Ummm... Let's try to narrow this down a bit. If you want recommendations, maybe you could give some general idea of regions you might be in. There's an awful lot of east and south southeast of Oregon.

John & Diane, Fulltime since '12
2002 DSDP 40, FL, Cat 3126
John & Diane, Fulltimers. RVM103 NHSO
On the road since June '12 with Lincoln, the guard cat.
2002 Dutch Star 40, Freightliner, Cat 3126, 2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:46 PM   #11
Well I wasn't thinking so much of me in that last post as I was of others scattered around the country but.........I go east from Oregon and then south to TX or I go south thru NV into AZ and then to the Rio Grande Valley....annually in Sept. So I'd benefit from suggestions in many states in the West, Central and Southwest. I spend more time off interstates than I do on and enjoy meandering.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #12
Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have an auto detailer will do this service. Give some a call and tell them what you have.
1996 Damon DayBreak 2500 454 P37 Chassis
NRA Benefactor, NRA & OSBI Certified firearms instructor, Retired Electrical Engineering Tech
Lifemember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:41 AM   #13
Fleetwood Owners Club
Have tried a couple different "people/services" for a wash and wax over the past couple years, always seems to be between $150-$200. Have been very dissapointed in the results. I really, really, really dislike washing and waxing my rig, but find that paying for an overall poor job upsets me more than my hatred for doing it myself.

Have 2 very good buddys that own car dealerships and both of them have turned me onto companines that perform this service, bet I have tried 4 or 5 of them now. I use the term companies very loosly, usually just a guy who has a couple of Mexican laborers. All of these companies are so concerned with getting done fast, so they can get onto another job, that they end up doing such a poor job.

The wisdom I have gained from this process is this, ask whomever you use, how long they think it will take them to complete the job. If they say 2 hours or a couple hours, just say no thanks and find somoene else. To do it right, no matter how many workers are present, it takes a minimum 4 hours, and usually 5 to 6 hours.

Good luck!
2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #14
DegoRed I understand what you're saying. I won't mind paying, what I formerly believed was, an outrageous $$ amount for that hand-wax job. It's no longer outrageous. And I don't expect the person to spend the amount of time I did, though it would be nice. BUT I won't be happy paying for a half-assed job. So I'll keep looking.