Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #43
Evergreen Owners Club
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
In addition to a commercial vehicle (If it is carrying advertising I guess that makes the vehicle a commercial doesn't it? Sorry about the pun, Don't bother to answer.)

You need to check out the license requirements,, Now I do not know the precise language in Michigan for when a "other than basic driver's license" is required as it pretains to something like this, but I'm thinking that you might need an upgrade if you get paid to drive the vehicle, which this purposal clearly is.

In the old days it was a Chauffer's in Michigan, Today it might be a Chauffer's or a CDL (They are different) I do not know, I also do not know if you'd need a medical card.

The bottom line here is you need to research, Cause I do not know and thus can only ask questions.

It may also affect the registration of the vehicle if it carries advertising (other than for the dealer who sold it).
THANK YOU , All great point's , I am trying to do the research and all this info you guy's are giving me is great because I would not have thought of all this on my own , One of thing is, i'm sure it will be different in every state and I wonder if you are within the law in your registered state if your grandfathered in when traveling just like driver's license and such " in Florida you don't need air break licence and in other state's you do but when you travel they will go buy the law where your Rv is registered "

I'm waiting tell I find out all the basic's before I talk about price and mileage and zone's as far as city,state and country .

mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
I'm not a tax guy, but I think you also incur the full Social Security taxation, and maybe employment taxes. Your not just selling your services as a vehicle but also you as a driver. Someone has to pay Uncle Sam SS.

Dave and Beth
2015 Cornerstone 45J
Ford F-150 and 2016 Polaris Razor
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #45
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On that one the owner/operator of the motor home woudl be a contractor I'm sure, 1099, not W-2, But your point is well taken.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #46
Monaco Owners Club
I definitely think you'd find takers for this, especially around younger (non-retired) RVers. The license requirements are important to understand, but I'd also think about how you're going to track mileage travelled (i.e. are your customers actually driving the 500+ miles that they need in the area required). Also I would try and understand how the wrap affects the coach (i.e. adding/removing wrap...how easy is it? does it affect the underlying coat etc.?)

Interesting proposal for sure.
12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #47
I suspect that a wireless connected GPS could feed real time information to a home office. Not that difficult and not that expensive.

GL Arnold
2003 Ford F150 Supercab 5.4
1997 Keystone Sprinter 24RL
Former Full-Timers
glarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:53 PM   #48
Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that will pay me to advertise on my RV we are hitting the road soon.
HeavyD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #49
I know for a fact that that many campgrounds include a "no commercial advertising on your RV" clause as part of their campground policy. At those campgrounds, you cannot have ANY sort of a sign, placard, etc., either on the RV or on the campsite, so I'm sure a wrap would be a most definite no.

I checked this out because I was thinking of becoming a distributor for a national company. I found out about the rule by checking campground rules as we traveled along on our first RV trip. I can't give a percentage, but it was a common enough rule that I decided against being a distributor.
jcrain9663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #50
Winnebago Owners Club
Lightbulb How about your own wrap?

I don't want to drive anyone's advertising, but I always thought a wrap might be a great alternative to a repaint.

I did some pricing around Houston, and it can be done for $3500 - $4500. They will supply graphics to use or use my graphics (photos). I was thinking about some of my flower and bird photos.

I was told a wrap should last about 8 years - just about what's left in my own tank. But I think I have to sell it to my wife first, so it's not going to happen this year.
Don Simmons
2006 Winnebago Voyage 33V Pushed by a 2014 Chevrolet Captiva
Visit us at Travels With Linda
AggieDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #51
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Not me!
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 35P,Ford F-53, V-10
2011 Ford Escape,2000 Roadmaster Tow Dolly
"Have a Great Day, Enjoy RVing."
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #52
We looked at a used Dolphin that was wrapped. The dealer had removed the actual film, which he did as "busy work" for his crew, mid-winter. That said, he still had dozens of hours to go yet, as the thing was covered with adhesive and still looked like a piece of trash. I'm far from an expert, but I have removed all the vinyl lettering from one of my work trucks, and know how some RVers have been through hell getting the various brands of clear shield off of the front of class As. Like WheelingIt astutely notes, I would be real clear that you are not signing on for dozens ( or hundreds) of hours of miserable work getting the wrap back off.
Slate Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:06 AM   #53
Wink I would consider this one...

Lindamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:08 AM   #54
looking for wrap and advertizer

Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
How many would be willing to wrap there RV with graphic advertisement for $ 4000 a month ?

you would need to drive it in specified county at-least 500+ mile's a week .

minimum 3 month contract up to one year depending on advertiser .

the advertiser pay's for the full wrap

Thank you
I seen your foreman I know this is a older post but I am definitely looking to do exactly whats posted here!!!
kddfarms03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:33 AM   #55
iwould do it for 10,000.00 per month other than that no way i want to drive 500 miles a week 52 weeks a year for less not to mention the wear and tear, simply not worth anything less
2004 dsdp 4009 isl 370 cummins on a Spartan mountain master chassis
coolhand108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:05 AM   #56
As a non retired rv'r I would love to do this, to offset the cost of owner ship and a reason to drive my rig when I don't have a trip!

Chris and Julia, 2000 fleetwood jamboree class c
livesound is offline   Reply With Quote