Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #1

Evergreen Owners Club
RV wrap advertising ???

How many would be willing to wrap there RV with graphic advertisement for $ 4000 a month ?

you would need to drive it in specified county at-least 500+ mile's a week .

minimum 3 month contract up to one year depending on advertiser .

the advertiser pay's for the full wrap

Thank you
mike
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
I know you asked for who would but if you are keeping score, No I would not.
mhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think this would make it a commercial vehicle and open a whole can of worms!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #4

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhudson View Post
I know you asked for who would but if you are keeping score, No I would not.
Thank you " no score " just people that would and there location, would be great

Thank you
mike
Old 02-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #5

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick & Hope View Post
I think this would make it a commercial vehicle and open a whole can of worms!
That's a great point I did not think of . I will look into it ,
let's just say it's not considered commercial as of now .

Thank you
mike
Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #6

$36K per year.
$10K in fuel.
25K miles/yr.
Wear and tear.
Etc.
I could never be had for so little.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, up to the "you would have to drive it at least 500 miles a week" part.. I was interested. I only drive about sixty miles across 3 or 4 counties, and every TWO weeks in teh summer time, but it gets seen by hundreds in one of those counties when parked.

Page 2: It would also depend on the advertisement

page 3: And some parks .. Have rules agains advertisement on teh side of the RV.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #8

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Well, up to the "you would have to drive it at least 500 miles a week" part.. I was interested. I only drive about sixty miles across 3 or 4 counties, and every TWO weeks in teh summer time, but it gets seen by hundreds in one of those counties when parked.

Page 2: It would also depend on the advertisement

page 3: And some parks .. Have rules agains advertisement on teh side of the RV.
A friend of mine had asked me about doing this for the company he work's for " big company " nothing written in stone " as far as the exact mile's ,$ amount and or leaving it parked some where that it could be seen buy the public .
all this info is great and give's me food for thought as far as negotiating a deal .
keep the comments coming great info .
also what do you think would be fair for this type of work/advertising
Thank you
mike
Old 02-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think it's an interesting proposition - depending on what you're advertising on the motorhome - and if you have any say in it.

At $4,000 a month in revenue, I would estimate our costs to be about $1,600 for fuel and oil changes - since it would likely be a lot of stop and go traffic, a monthly oil change would be my preference. Then add in some expense for wear and tear - maybe $300 - $400 a month on the high side. That leaves a "profit" of about $470/week to drive around in your motorhome - so about $1.00 per mile.

I do agree that you might have some problems with campgrounds in a wrapped motorhome and if you're a fulltimer, this would probably not be a viable option with having to drive around 500 miles per week
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #10

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
I think it's an interesting proposition - depending on what you're advertising on the motorhome - and if you have any say in it.

At $4,000 a month in revenue, I would estimate our costs to be about $1,600 for fuel and oil changes - since it would likely be a lot of stop and go traffic, a monthly oil change would be my preference. Then add in some expense for wear and tear - maybe $300 - $400 a month on the high side. That leaves a "profit" of about $470/week to drive around in your motorhome - so about $1.00 per mile.

I do agree that you might have some problems with campgrounds in a wrapped motorhome and if you're a fulltimer, this would probably not be a viable option with having to drive around 500 miles per week
so you would change your oil every 2000 mile's seem's like not enough mile's to me . in diesel motor's go around 10 k mile's so even if I change at 6k that would be every 3 month's. also I used the $ 4k a month and the 500 mile's a week as a base point so neither are written in stone and this is why the forum is so great you can get so much info from other people to think about .
also from what i have herd in the transport biz, they are getting between $ 1 and $ 3 a mile to transport with the big rig's all depending on freight and distance
thank you
mike
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Here are a few past IRV2 threads that discussed wraps. One member actually did it. You might PM them for advice.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Rv+wr...earch=irv2.com

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #12

If I see $4K as bottom line, I may consider. There is a price for interrupting my adventure
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
so you would change your oil every 2000 mile's seem's like not enough mile's to me . in diesel motor's go around 10 k mile's so even if I change at 6k that would be every 3 month's. also I used the $ 4k a month and the 500 mile's a week as a base point so neither are written in stone and this is why the forum is so great you can get so much info from other people to think about .
also from what i have herd in the transport biz, they are getting between $ 1 and $ 3 a mile to transport with the big rig's all depending on freight and distance
thank you
mike
If I were involved with a program like this, yes I would do a monthly oil change. I am guessing that your 500 miles per week of travel would need to be within a defined area, and likely could not be comprised of all highway miles - meaning a lot of stop and go traffic.

Then again, I'm not sure how they could qualify where you were travelling. I could cover that mileage with 2 trips back and forth between our CT and RI homes - nearly all highway mileage. And as we're self-employed and work from home, working from either location (or even on the road) isn't a big deal.

With these kind of highway miles, I could feasibly cut the oil changes down to once every two months.

Looking at your estimates of transport between $1 and $3/mile ... I would say the low end would have to be the profit margin - with an estimate of $2 - $2.50/mile on the "gross" end.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #14

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
To be honest, I have wondered if there were companies out there that would wrap your RV and then pay you to travel around. If so, sign me up! I don't see what campgrounds could complain about. As long as I'm not advertising tampons, beer, condoms or have scantily clad ladies plastered across the sides, I don't see any reason for them to complain. It certainly couldn't look any worse than one of those TravelAmerica rental units, which is certainly advertising on the side of an RV.
windydaboo is offline   Reply With Quote