Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2017, 07:11 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They are supposed to be updating the software with a feature that reports signal strength to help find the optimal hub position. I will give it a good test when we head to Sedalia.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2017, 07:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgew48 View Post
I bought the tire patrol system and so far have not been able to get it to work correctly. Customer service has been excellent so far and I have told them I would hold off on writing a full review until they have had a chance to get mine working. Currently the command center is on its way back to the company for an upgrade. I will post a complete review after I get the updated command center back and see if that makes the system fully functional.

WOW they are selling products that need to be shipped back??
Many are posting they need customer service.
System must not be user friendly
I will not give them a second look
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELHUB View Post
WOW they are selling products that need to be shipped back??
Many are posting they need customer service.
System must not be user friendly
I will not give them a second look
Not sure I understand how having to send a product back equates to selling them knowing they need to be shipped back. User friendly has nothing to do with it from what they told me, it has to do with the transmission of the tire pressure. No idea if that means it's the senders but that likely is it. My sense is they for whatever reason didn't recognize a flaw and are making good on units sold first. I like their integration of products and other than having to have their tablet and not having an app for android or ios to see the braking and TP data they seem like a friendly do whatever it takes to make it right business. They are a small shop.
MarkK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
They are supposed to be updating the software with a feature that reports signal strength to help find the optimal hub position. I will give it a good test when we head to Sedalia.
Looking forward to it.
MarkK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:44 AM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to xjpr
RVI use

Bought the system this spring, used about 6 times. So far the hub failed to produce a wifi signal but was replaced immediately (by overnite shipping) when I told them I had to be on the road for a family medical problem, new one lost signal once but self repaired ,no, not by resetting, tried that but didn't get a signal until the next day, you don't need the hub for the unit to function, it's just for monitoring. then the brake unit itself failed to power up,NO braking on the toad..... however RVI stood by their product and quickly set a new one. when it works I love it,seems like a quality control problem is a issue. I use it on jeep tj, takes less than 5 minutes to set up. originally ordered tire patrol but cancelled it due to very slow shipping and finding out it was gen 1, didn't want to be their test dummy.
xjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:41 AM   #20

I finally used our RVI Tire Patrol for the first time. The sensors kept going offline and after about 30 minutes of driving, only 1 of the 6 were working. I had my wife reboot the tablet and they came back online but started dropping out after about 5 minutes.

I spoke with RVI and they are sending out another set. They said that when the units were threaded on, it was affecting the antennas of the units. They have made some modifications. I should be getting the new set sometime next week and will report back.

Burch
MetalGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #21

I have no knowledge of RVi and it's systems, braking or TPMS, but in my mind if a company can't get an operational product out the door when it's released, that says there are QC problems with production and maybe management problems that push untested and unreliable products out the door in search of the almighty $$$$.

There are other established reliable user friendly systems already on the market so there's no way I'm going to be a paying "test pilot" for someone. In the aviation world we had a saying, "never fly an A model".
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:16 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
I have the RVi 2 brake and really like the easy set-up. I've had it for over three years and lately it does take a long time to pump up initially but it still works very well once it is pumped up.

When I ordered the RVi brake I also ordered the TPMS system available at that time. It never worked satisfactorily as it kept dropping the signal.
After suffering through constant dropped signals for over a year I finally called (I do not like dealing with customer service no matter how nice and helpful they are) and they said it was probably the batteries. I needed to send them back and for $10 each (I think) they would replace the batteries.

I didn't send them back. I didn't want to spend more money for something that had not worked properly from the beginning.

It seems the new system has the same problem as the older system and you still have to return them for battery replacement.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #23

RVI3 TPMS Tire Patrol

I have been using the RVI3 Tire Patrol system for almost a year. One of the original purchasers of the system. As another poster said It was a natural fit to the RVI3 braking system I use. I Love the brake it’s a few mins to install and good to go, never had a problem with it. The thought of having one tablet to monitor both the toad brake and TPMS Tire Patrol system was huge to me. To see all 12 tire pressures and Temps at same time sold me. I can honestly say I have had 1 trip in the last year where all sensors worked correctly without a fail. I am sending back sensors for replacements monthly and quite honestly I am now in the market to find a good alternative TPMS system as they are having issues working out the bugs. I truly believe it will be awesome if they can ever get it figured out. As of this writing the tablet is now failing with error codes. So It appears I will be traveling in a few days with no idea on tire pressures and that thought worries me. With no tablet I also cannot monitor the brake system on Toad or adjust it. I changed vehicles this week from a Jeep to a crew cab 4x4 Dodge Ram. I need to change vehicle so sensitivity is correct but with no tablet no idea how to accomplish that. Steer clear of the RVI3 Tire Patrol TPMS until they get issues (bugs) figured out.
ccluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #24

Spartan Chassis
You can adjust your RVi3 brake system without the tablet-Just can't monitor for braking strength. They walked me through it over the phone & it's in the manual.(RVi3 teks actually called me back on a Saturday morning after I left message on voicemail the night before re: my problem with no tablet) Simply hold the Auto Position button on the brake system for 10 seconds & voice command will walk you through it to set up as you wish-Good Luck!
ceeja is offline   Reply With Quote