Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #1

Rvnd 7710

Just received the 7710 today. Hooked up to computer and followed directions to install software on computer. According to the instructions, after installation the RND Dock will start.
This does nit happen. I also can not find the user manual on their web site. Your only options on the web site under the 7710 are faq's and product registration (which I did).
Any suggestions? I can't get ahold of customer support till Monday.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Did you see the errata sheet in the mound of paperwork they pack with, not hard to overlook? It's a single page that explains page 17 has a typo that will give you fits on registration. I posted it in another 7710 thread, let me see if I can find it and I'll post it here for you.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Here it is. It is post 45 in the thread shown below.

Rvnd 7710

There are 2 or 3 other active 7710 threads currently on here. You might want to check them out when you have time. Some members have posted some very useful info from their experiences.

Hello and RVND 7710 problems

Rand McNally Tripmaker RVND 7710 GPS

RVND 7710 On Sale $319.00

Rand McNally RVND 7710 now shipping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVND 7710.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	16569  
Old 12-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've my 7710 for a couple of weeks. It has some features, but.... it is slow, very slow. My Garmin NUVI updates in less than 10 seconds. the 7710 sometimes takes over a minute. Calculating going to a destination takes much longer. recalc... forget about it. Pretty screen, resolution not as good as the NUVI. It will be placed on the classified section after the Christmas season. They have a lot of work to make this easier to use. start with the registration and log on. And try calling into Rand Mcnally....good luck. haver a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year. ed
Old 12-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #5

Got it. Uninstalled it then reinstalled it. Works now.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
It does take longer to calculate the route or recalculate than my Magellan did.

I have always thought this is due to the RV features. In addition to finding the route to your destination, it has to verify the route will support the size of the RV (low bridges, roads and bridges with weight limits etc...)

I assume it is also querying the database of RV locations, i.e. Campgrounds, service centers, etc.. The more data to query the longer it takes.

I don't find the time objectionable just longer than I was use to.

I do value the ability to query the database for specific services such as metered propane. Saves me from stopping at places that only sell bottled propane, just one of many listed/searchable features.

I ordered the sun shade and Real-Time traffic module for mine today.